AED tune A+++

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
Installed Kooks longtubes with catted h-pipe and magnaflow exhaust. Contacted AED and he sent me a tuner with performance tune. Car runs incredible! This thing is totally transformed. Hits 160 very quickly. Very satisfied. I haven't tried the drag tune, but I can only imagine how well it will run.

Para81

Established Member
Ok you got my attention with the 160mph part. I'm interested to know what it tops out at stock and if any change or higher with the AED tune.

Was your redline raised?

bpmurr

Established Member
Ok you got my attention with the 160mph part. I'm interested to know what it tops out at stock and if any change or higher with the AED tune.

Was your redline raised?

Most likely they disabled the speed governor. Pretty common with an aftermarket tune.

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
It hits 160 in 5th and then shifted to 6th, it was still going but I let off. Runs really well.

Was your redline raised?

RangerDLA

Established Member
How safe and reliable are AED's tunes in the long run? I plan on keeping my Boss forever and don't want to mess with it's reliability and don't want to blow it up.

Shaun@AED

I would imagine this hurts longevity, LOL

Depends on the owner.
Just because the limits are raised does not mean you *must* rev it that high and drive 155MPH+.

User options are also opened up so the owner can set rev/speed limits as low as they want.

Jabooh1

Established Member
With this can you create one key that is limited to 55mph and 3,500 rpm and in essence create a valet key yet the other key remains unchanged?

AZBOSS

Established Member
I have a programmer from Shaun sitting on my desk right now, waiting to program until I have time to install my O/R-X pipe. I am looking forward to the new cal.

Boss949

Established Member
Installed Kooks longtubes with catted h-pipe and magnaflow exhaust. Contacted AED and he sent me a tuner with performance tune. Car runs incredible! This thing is totally transformed. Hits 160 very quickly. Very satisfied. I haven't tried the drag tune, but I can only imagine how well it will run.

Thanks for the update. I'm just a few days from ordering my tune from Shawn and the Airaid CAI I just had the Jegs Cat Deletes put on.

I'm keeping the stock headers for now. I'm trying to imagine just how different it's going to perform.

Any more details will satisfy my curiosity.......

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
It's the first tune that I've installed. The car still has the stock air kit. I'm doing a paxton HO kit pretty soon so I didn't bother buying a CAI. It runs very well and drives just as well as stock if not better. No check engine lights or issues. I'm telling you that it feels at least 40hp stronger with the tune and exhaust. It's alot faster than it was!

Thanks for the update. I'm just a few days from ordering my tune from Shawn and the Airaid CAI I just had the Jegs Cat Deletes put on.

I'm keeping the stock headers for now. I'm trying to imagine just how different it's going to perform.

Any more details will satisfy my curiosity.......

Boss949

Established Member
It's the first tune that I've installed. The car still has the stock air kit. I'm doing a paxton HO kit pretty soon so I didn't bother buying a CAI. It runs very well and drives just as well as stock if not better. No check engine lights or issues. I'm telling you that it feels at least 40hp stronger with the tune and exhaust. It's alot faster than it was!

I've ordered my Tuner/tunes from Shaun today and the Airaid CAI #453-174.

Looks like I'm a week or so away !!!!

Deranged2013

Established Member
I had an AED tune on the GT I just sold. Loved it! I love my new Boss but the stock power of the Boss is almost disappointing because of what I was used to having in the GT. Get AED! It's worth it and IMO it's a safer tune than stock. Shaun fixes the lean condition @ WOT that you have with the stock tune and the GT head temps ran cooler also.

Boss949

Established Member
I had an AED tune on the GT I just sold. Loved it! I love my new Boss but the stock power of the Boss is almost disappointing because of what I was used to having in the GT. Get AED! It's worth it and IMO it's a safer tune than stock. Shaun fixes the lean condition @ WOT that you have with the stock tune and the GT head temps ran cooler also.

That's great to hear. I'll have my AED tunes installed by the end of the week.

Users who are viewing this thread