Advice on plug gap with the mods posted, car us missing under full boost

latinwrlord

Established Member
I know it's like beating a dead horse. But I was up till 2 am. Researching plugs and plug gaps etc. Have a major migraine. He is the issue the car runs fine till I hit full boost. Partial boost is fine but once I get down on it I have to back off right of way. It detonates or misses. I was told to change the plugs. The car is a 09 GT500. It's has mild modifications like 2.5 VMP upper pulley, 15% Innovators West lower, 127me JLT CAI, 72 me L&M throttle body with L&M high flow elbow and the S/C mouth was port match to elbow. Has full length headers with high flow cats and stinger axel backs. With a Diablo Sport Trinity tuner with performance tune. Driving me nuts. Want to drive the car on Easter. So went and bought NGK BR7EF plugs and so many forums you read state gap them from .028-.039. Looking for advice. There is a lot of knkwledgable people on this site. So please advise, please?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I agree with the .030 gap. I would bet you're running a wider gap, and under high boost you're losing spark. Let us know how the .030 gap works out for you.

Users who are viewing this thread