advice on 2 cobras

svt4cobra6

a friend is looking at 2 used cobras, one is owned by an older guy still has stock tune, records of oil changes and stock pulley but does have a cold air, shifter, mid pipe and catback, well maintained looks and drives like new but has around 60k miles. My friend said the other cobra has a ported blower and is owned by a guy that takes it to the track on occasion. He said he did hear some rear end noise on the car, also noticed a lot of rubber in the rear fender wells and minor wear issues, but only has 39k miles. Any suggestions as to which one to get, they are priced around the same? I have not seen the cars but told him he might consider the one with more miles just because of condition.

yellow03cobra

Established Member
miles isn't every thing. I'd go with overall impressions, general wear, and compression check if you were real serious about it. When people care about their cars it shows.

dynobobstieg

miles isn't every thing. I'd go with overall impressions, general wear, and compression check if you were real serious about it. When people care about their cars it shows.

Agree, and do a car fax, ask for any and all receipts for maintenance. Take the time to talk to each seller several times. (that is just my opinion,from past experience)
Let us know how it goes.
Stiegemeier :burnout:
StiegeSplash
636-949-2275

Users who are viewing this thread