Advice Needed - Mom Car

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
We had a 18 expedition. For 3 years. Nice suv. Before that a Durango R/T that was nice.
We upgraded to a full size SUV as we were going for terrorist #2 and more space was wanted.

We now have Wagoneer that replaced the Expedition. No issues so far in 4k miles and she likes the tech in it.
It's a tad longer than the standard expedition(appears to have more cargo area).

For fullsize SUVs can't go wrong with any brand, just depends on budget and personal preference.

FWIW for both trucks with a 65-35 city-hwy split she gets 17.3 in the Wagoneer and I think the Expedition was a few tenths more.

venmos1

Established Member
We had a 18 expedition. For 3 years. Nice suv. Before that a Durango R/T that was nice.
We upgraded to a full size SUV as we were going for terrorist #2 and more space was wanted.

We now have Wagoneer that replaced the Expedition. No issues so far in 4k miles and she likes the tech in it.
It's a tad longer than the standard expedition(appears to have more cargo area).

For fullsize SUVs can't go wrong with any brand, just depends on budget and personal preference.

FWIW for both trucks with a 65-35 city-hwy split she gets 17.3 in the Wagoneer and I think the Expedition was a few tenths more.
My wife wants a grand wagoneer. what is interesting with them (wagoneer have same dimensions) is how they are a little bigger than full size suvs but smaller than say the esv, suburban etc. they are also the widest full size suv out there. which to me is huge having 3 car seats. so its a nice option thats bigger than the escalade/tahoe/yukon yet not as big as the esv/suburban/yukon xl.

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Advice appreciated all. Will see what plays out here, probably going to go the route of test driving some things and see what she thinks.

SHOdown220

Established Member
We really liked our Honda pilot for the kids when they were rear facing. It was a 2013, not sure how the new ones compare.

They are better in every way except for styling IMO. We have a 2020 touring elite awd and love it. I prefer the boxier styling of the 09-15 generation but I've driven plenty of them and by far prefer ours. That being said it's my wife and she likes the way it looks so that's all that matters.

We just got back from a trip to the mountains, cherokee, pigeon forge, mount mitchell etc and I was pretty impressed with the way the pilot handled the curvy roads.

I will say, awd is a must on these, the 2wd models suck in any kind of slick weather, we had a 2wd rental when ours was in an accident and literally could not get out of our driveway for a week when we got 4 inches of snow.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Tons of options out there. But be sure to get AWD on whichever SUV you decide on. You don't want 2WD, even in Kansas. I considered 2WD for my 2022 Genesis GV70, but wisely decided I had to have AWD. I'm so glad I got AWD.

DiB14-SAFD

Established Member
Didn’t see it mentioned but there is also the Ford Flex if you are shopping used. Not a fan of the styling but they have a ton of room inside and you can get the ecoboost with awd.

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
AWD is on the required features list. We are in semi-rural Kansas at that

Users who are viewing this thread