Adding an Intercooler soon...Any guesses on RWHP numbers?

Furinox

Established Member
I gotta decide if im gonna go to a 3.0 or a 2.9 pulley.

hus: Is the 2.87 slipping at all and are you still 6 rib?

Bluebullit

Established Member
I think it's mainly the intercoolers man. When i put a straight pipe in place of the intercooler i went from 7 to 9 almost 10 lbs.

yeah i posted about on our site and i think its the type of core that effects that cause Manny told me to get a vertical core instead of the horizontal

so that could be the problem in both these cases

stang01gt

Established Member
i have a procharger 3 core with my vortech v2-sq and im still on my stock 3.6 pulley and i make 9-10psi at the top of my pull. Its also a blow thru setup but, your intercooler is prolly a big restriction.

hus

SPDJNKY
Established Member
i have a procharger 3 core with my vortech v2-sq and im still on my stock 3.6 pulley and i make 9-10psi at the top of my pull. Its also a blow thru setup but, your intercooler is prolly a big restriction.

I'm sure it is. But I would rather have the lower intake temps than the higher boost numbers. I have a V-2E and I may or may not upgrade the head unit but right now I'm happy with my setup. 436rwhp and 390rwtq @ 9psi

Also, don't forget my piston compression ratio is down to 9:1 to make room for future higher boost numbers. As far as rwhp goes, I'm sure if I had stock compression ratio that my rwhp numbers would be greater.

Last edited:

Bluebullit

Established Member
yeah thats the same compression as my motor and i think the reason im seeing 9 with the 3.33 pulley is because my heads are worked and i have the XE274 Comp Cam and Vortech told me that i would make less boost since there was less restriction in the motor because when i first intercooled mine i pulled almost 6 psi but i made 395 and then when i did the 8 rib swap with the 3.33 pulley it peaks 9psi at 6k and i made 441rwhp and 395rwtq so your making good numbers for 9psi

what was the air temp during your tune and do you have your intake temp also?

because it was 89 degrees in the shop when i got my tune and on the second pull my intake temp was 112.

hus

SPDJNKY
Established Member
I'll have to get my exact intake temp from my tuner. The air temp was 76

Silverboost

Established Member
pick up a T-trim and turn the boost up. I would for fuel mods go with an 03/04 tank and pumps setup with your BAP. The 42lb injectors should have no issues taking you to 550 rwhp just by increasing your fuel rail pressure. I would however recommend that once you get over 525 rwhp to step up to the 60's. You got a forged bottem end and now is the time to take advantage of it.

hus

SPDJNKY
Established Member
If I can get to 500rwhp with a T-Trim and 60s then that's what I'll probably do. I honestly am not looking for 550rwhp so I'll probably keep my fuel pump setup. My only issue right now is I just dropped $3500 on my new upgrades, install and tune after I just had a $4500 rebuild for the forged internals last November, so my wife is already about to kill me. I'll have to ease into finding me a good used T-Trim at a reasonable price.

Last edited:

hus

SPDJNKY
Established Member
Ok so I went ahead and gave Vortech a call and the guy said that I could trade mine in on a T-Trim and receive a $1000 credit since mine is in good working condition and only pay $975 for a brand new T-Trim! He said that my E-Trim was kinda of a different breed of supercharger all together and that basically I'm lucky to even be seeing 9psi out of it. Now I just have to try and convince the wife that this is a smart move before Vortech changes their mind on pricing.

hus

SPDJNKY
Established Member
My 96GT stroked and blown with a Procharger D1 inter cooled is at 455rwhp and 412rwtq

Ok, not to be rude but what's your point? I think everybody here thinks my setup is good for a lot more power minus the weaker internals of my V-2 E-Trim head unit. I feel that a T-Trim will take me well over the 450rwhp mark. Especially since I dropped the compression ratio on my pistons and I'm going to try and run 12-13psi. If I would've left the pistons at stock compression running 9psi I'm sure I would be at the 450rwhp mark already but I wanted to try and run a little more boost even though most people's goal is to make the most hp with the least amount of boost. Its just a matter of me being able to convince my wife that I need to get a T-Trim.

Last edited:

Furinox

Established Member
Ok, not to be rude but what's your point? I think everybody here thinks my setup is good for a lot more power minus the weaker internals of my V-2 E-Trim head unit. I feel that a T-Trim will take me well over the 450rwhp mark. Especially since I dropped the compression ratio on my pistons and I'm going to try and run 12-13psi. If I would've left the pistons at stock compression running 9psi I'm sure I would be at the 450rwhp mark already but I wanted to try and run a little more boost even though most people's goal is to make the most hp with the least amount of boost. Its just a matter of me being able to convince my wife that I need to get a T-Trim.

I'd think you will be fine with that blower the specs on vortechs website for ur blower:

#

Max Speed:
52000 RPM
Max Boost:
17 PSI
Max Flow:
1150 CFM
Max Power:
775 HP
Peak Efficiency:
76%

Vortech V-2 SQ E-Trim Supercharger
Vortech V-2 SQ E-Trim Supercharger

Ultra-high impeller speed and efficiency. Low-friction impeller seal allows for "upstream" throttle draw-through applications.

Bluebullit

Established Member
yeah but he needs to figure out what RPM he is spinning that blower now that he has the intercooler. the max psi isnt efficient on this blowers so yeah 975 for a T-trim sounds like a really good deal

hus

SPDJNKY
Established Member
Well I spoke with Carlos at Vortech and he said that my V-2 E just wasn't what Vortech wanted to be. He said it is plenty enough sufficient for a non-intercooled setup looking to make 6psi. And that's what mine use to be. So I still believe I need to upgrade to a T-Trim.

Bluebullit

Established Member
if he went with the F1 he would have to get the bracket and everything. the T trim will work perfect for what you want, you just need to spin the blower and you will be just fine

hus

SPDJNKY
Established Member
Well, I've got other issues now. I was doing some spirited driving today and my pressure plate is gone! The clutch is mush. So I just order a Spec 2+, Spec Billet Steel Flywheel, Steeda quadrant, adjuster and cable. Guess I should've done that when I had the engine out and was forging everything...but lazy me didn't.

Users who are viewing this thread