Adding an Intercooler soon...Any guesses on RWHP numbers?

BadZ06

Established Member
Interesting article. Using this site, and Ive checked a few others regarding the math this is what Ive come up with for you:

http://www.witchhunter.com/injectorcalc1.php4
injectorcalcw.jpg

Now assuming a 15% drivetrain loss ( Im not sure what the cobras numbers are ) your 378 RWHP is about 445 FWHP. In theory this should just about be the limit @ 80%DC

If my math is off please let me know.

Last edited:

hus

SPDJNKY
Established Member
Thanks for the link. I played around with it and discovered that you can hit 520fwhp with BSFC of 0.58 with 90% DC and still have 42lb injectors. I think 520fwhp would be around that 465-475rwhp mark. Although 90% DC isn't ideal it's still within sufficient operating range of the 42lb injectors. I've pushed injectors up to 92-94% DC on other vehicles before and like I said I know it's not ideal but I never had any problems. Thanks again for the link...it'll come in handy.

Last edited:

BadZ06

Established Member
Your welcome.

Ive FUBARED and ran mine at 115% before on a mis reading. Ideal and reality are ALWAYS 2 different things. GL on your build. Keep posting on the progress!!

hus

SPDJNKY
Established Member
My tuner says he keeps 60lb injectors in stock for this purpose. He said we would see what kind of power I make first and then if I have to have the 60s they'll install them. Thanks again for your help. And sorry about the psi mix up before...thinking ahead of myself as usual.

BadZ06

Established Member
Another option you could think about is a boost a pump used with a boost reference switch. That way it ups you pressure at the rail only under boost conditions. I know my application is completely different but I run a 255LPH pump, 60#injectors @ 60psi and a boost referenced BAP. I think I will be maxed when my new turbos get in. Then I have to get stupid on fuel delivery.

Last edited:

hus

SPDJNKY
Established Member
My tuner says I need a boost-a-pump, and I trust and respect the dude so I don't see what it will hurt. Especially since I may add more power later on.

hus

SPDJNKY
Established Member
The car should be ready by end of business this Friday. There was and issue with my SVT Ford Focus fuel pump. It kept pegging out way before WOT even with the Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump!! So, they ordered and dropped in an Aviator Pump and now it's just waiting to go back up on the dyno. I would love to see it make close to 450rwhp.

Last edited:

hus

SPDJNKY
Established Member
I don't know exactly what size they installed. They just told me they were replacing the stock one with a 10lb one. I'll find out the exact size when I pick it up.

Bluebullit

Established Member
i noticed you changed the pistons out but did you change the rods as well?

you should get the numbers your hoping for good luck

Furinox

Established Member
I don't know exactly what size they installed. They just told me they were replacing the stock one with a 10lb one. I'll find out the exact size when I pick it up.

reason I asked is because a vortech 10lb pulley is not going to make 10 lbs with an intercooler setup

hus

SPDJNKY
Established Member
reason I asked is because a vortech 10lb pulley is not going to make 10 lbs with an intercooler setup

Yea, I know I thought about that but we'll see what happens. It's supposed to be on the dyno today.

hus

SPDJNKY
Established Member
Just talked to my tuner. He said he put a 2.87 pulley on and the car is only making 9lbs of boost. He talked to Vortech and he said they said that's going to be about max for my head unit because it was made for a non-intercooled setup and my intercooler is killing my psi. He said my pulley is good for like 12 or 13lbs. I guess I'm at the max with my V-2E. Anyway, he said it's done and that I'm ready to pick it up tomorrow. My rwhp number right now is 436 @ 9psi. I'm happy by all means but I'm not satisifed, so I'll start shopping for a new head unit. I'll post the dyno sheet once I get the car home.

Last edited:

Bluebullit

Established Member
thats odd cause i have the V-2 SQ with a 3.33 pulley and procharger intercooler piping with a treadstone intercooler that is a vertical core and with this pulley im seeing 9psi right now and i made 440rwhp and 395rwtq on a 89 deg day but i do have cams and stuff so that is another reason to loose boost as well. try to find someone selling a T-trim or something and that will give you a lil more room to work

Furinox

Established Member
Just talked to my tuner. He said he put a 2.87 pulley on and the car is only making 9lbs of boost. He talked to Vortech and he said they said that's going to be about max for my head unit because it was made for a non-intercooled setup and my intercooler is killing my psi. He said my pulley is good for like 12 or 13lbs. I guess I'm at the max with my V-2E. Anyway, he said it's done and that I'm ready to pick it up tomorrow. My rwhp number right now is 436 @ 9psi. I'm happy by all means but I'm not satisifed, so I'll start shopping for a new head unit. I'll post the dyno sheet once I get the car home.

mustang dyno or dynojet?

Furinox

Established Member
thats odd cause i have the V-2 SQ with a 3.33 pulley and procharger intercooler piping with a treadstone intercooler that is a vertical core and with this pulley im seeing 9psi right now and i made 440rwhp and 395rwtq on a 89 deg day but i do have cams and stuff so that is another reason to loose boost as well. try to find someone selling a T-trim or something and that will give you a lil more room to work

I think it's mainly the intercoolers man. When i put a straight pipe in place of the intercooler i went from 7 to 9 almost 10 lbs.

Users who are viewing this thread