added a third mustang to the lineup. this one is the wife's.

mavericks-03svt

Established Member
2014 Premium GT, MT82, Navigation and most of the extras.

w2qx.jpg

bhbe.jpg

zvk7.jpg

I noticed some water spots on the car at the dealership, but figured with a wash they would come off. I washed, clay bared, and hand rubbed some 205 on it with no good luck. The wife is mad and is taking it back tomorrow for the window tint and will be making them correct the water spots/etching. The entire car looks like this
uzl8.jpg

Well the wife was happy when she drove off and now she is mad.

Sitnlopro99gt

Established Member
Can't win lol, be careful letting them "fix" the problem and not making it worse. Nice looking!

mavericks-03svt

Established Member
quick update….
I know the body shop manager at the dealership and called him this morning. he said he would take good care of it for us, when it made it over to the body shop. My wife dropped it off this morning. they took it in for tint and then sent it over to the body shop. The body shop manager said they did some light buffing and the spots were coming off. They are going to buff the entire car and clean it up for us to inspect. I feel pretty good about the way the handled this situation even thought they did not cause these spots on the car. This weekend I am going to seal and wax it up so the hard water won't hurt it anymore. if the weather is better than the sleet and crap going on now, I will get my wife to take some photos and will post up. thanks for the nice comments by the way.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Sorry about the paint issue but it sounds like the dealer is going to take care of you. As long as your wife is happy, that's all that matters. Nice looking GT!

Equalbracket

Established Member
BK is still family operated, they treat people right. Allen Samuels...pos. Nice ride, they didn't have that there a week ago, ordered it?

mavericks-03svt

Established Member
BK is still family operated, they treat people right. Allen Samuels...pos. Nice ride, they didn't have that there a week ago, ordered it?

Yes they got it in from Houston for her. She wanted leather, navigation, manual trans, and all the creature comforts. The only GT BK had was the RR one with cloth and auto. Sykora only had autos and BK offered to get the one she wanted shipped in. They also gave her the most for her trade in, so it all worked out pretty good. well except for the spots on the paint. Should be all cleared up tomorrow. This weekend I gotta get her 03 GT cleaned up and ready to sell. LOL on the Allen Samuels comment.

Equalbracket

Established Member
Yes they got it in from Houston for her. She wanted leather, navigation, manual trans, and all the creature comforts. The only GT BK had was the RR one with cloth and auto. Sykora only had autos and BK offered to get the one she wanted shipped in. They also gave her the most for her trade in, so it all worked out pretty good. well except for the spots on the paint. Should be all cleared up tomorrow. This weekend I gotta get her 03 GT cleaned up and ready to sell. LOL on the Allen Samuels comment.

Aw ok, ya they never have much of a selection. I wish I could drive a ford half ton, they would of given 8k more on my last trade in. Hate f-150s :/

Kingcater

Can't stop modding...
Established Member
Can't win lol, be careful letting them "fix" the problem and not making it worse. Nice looking!

This, 205 isn't aggressive enough for that. Maybe some D300 or HD Adapt or cut followed up with 205.

Chemical guys makes a decent water spot remover as well.

Congrats on the purchase.

Dealership's detailing departments are known for adding buffer trails and and adding swirl from their crappy washing techniques. Hopefully this doesn't happen to you.

mavericks-03svt

Established Member
Thanks for all the nice comments. My bride is finally a happy camper.

Picked up from the dealership tonight and all water spots and crap on paint is gone. I talked with the painter that buffed it. He just used some light cutting 3m compound and it buffed right off. as you can see it is much better than before. Shop thinks the vehicle was wrapped in transit and moisture got under the wrap causing this to happen. Not sure but I am glad it is fixed. Thanks BK Ford.

She drove it around some tonight, so tomorrow I will clean it up and check for any swirl marks or buffer trails the shop missed. If I find any I will correct and then I will seal it up and put some wax on it. What do you guys think now?

spoiler
nkfq.jpg

left quarter panel
aoo3.jpg

hood and right fender
3qmr.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread