Acura NSX Type S...

ArabianOak

Established Member
Not sure if anyone saw this get released yesterday but thought I would share...this will be the last year of the NSX and the first time the NSX will have the Type S. I'm a little underwhelmed by the updates (compared to my 17) but still looks to be an incredible package. New front end is nice, not sure I like it more but nice. The different turbos are intriguing...haha.

Really love that gotham grey color though...here are some details.

2022 Acura NSX Type S Highlights:

• Limited production of only 350 units, with 300 for U.S. market
  • Most powerful and quickest road-going Acura ever with 600 hp (+27) and 492 lb.-ft. of torque (+16)
  • Laps Suzuka Circuit in Japan 2-seconds faster than the 2021 NSX
  • Powertrain upgrades include turbochargers shared with the NSX GT3 Evo race car, a 6 percent increase in boost pressure, 20 percent greater battery capacity and 10 percent higher battery output
  • Retuned 9-speed DCT features 50 percent faster upshift response and new Rapid Downshift Mode
  • Revolutionary torque-vectoring Sport Hybrid SH-AWD® retuned to maximize performance
  • New split 5-spoke wheels increase track front (+0.4-in.) and rear (+0.8-in.)
  • New Pirelli P-Zero specifically developed for NSX Type S utilizing advanced modeling technology (includes “H0” designation on sidewall)
  • New exterior design and aerodynamics for increased engine cooling
  • Enhanced aerodynamics includes aggressive carbon fiber NSX GT3–inspired rear diffuser
  • Standard Carbon Fiber roof lowers center of gravity for improved handling
  • Available Lightweight Package includes carbon ceramic brakes in one of four colors, carbon engine cover, carbon interior trim, reduces total curb weight by approximately 57.8 lbs. (26.2 kg)
  • New Gotham Gray matte metallic paint presents an even more sinister appearance for the NSX Type S and is limited to just 70 of the 350 production total globally
  • NSX Type S cockpit enhanced with Alcantara® headliner, embroidered Type S logo on the glove compartment, embossed NSX logo on the headrests, and contrast stitching
More Power, Torque and Acceleration
With a combination of a high-output twin-turbo V6 and torque-vectoring Sport Hybrid SH-AWD® three-motor hybrid system, the second generation NSX drivetrain has been groundbreaking since the supercar launched in 2016. Enhanced for the new NSX Type S, it produces the highest combined output of any drivetrain in any road-going Acura ever, with a combined system output of 600 horsepower and 492 lb.-ft. of torque.

Hand-built in a special facility at the Anna Engine Plant in Ohio, the supercar’s exclusive twin-turbocharged 3.5-liter 75-degree V6 engine is enhanced with new fuel injectors (providing a 25 percent higher flow rate), new intercoolers (capable of dissipating an additional 15 percent more heat), and new turbochargers shared with the NSX GT3 Evo (delivering a 5.6 percent increase peak boost pressure from 15.2 to 16.1 psi.). The result is an increase in engine output from 500 hp to 520 hp and 406 lb.-ft. of torque to 443 lb.-ft.

The gear ratio for the Twin Motor Unit (TMU) that powers the front wheels and provides active torque vectoring in corners has been lowered to 10.382:1 from 8.050:1. This 20 percent lower ratio increases off-the-line torque, giving NSX a powerful launch.

Additionally, the supercar’s Intelligent Power Unit (IPU) providing power to the electric motors is used more efficiently. This allows for a 20 percent higher usable battery capacity, and 10 percent greater battery output. The higher capacity and output allowed engineers to retune the electric motors in the Sport Hybrid SH-AWD® system for enhanced performance in all four modes of the Integrated Dynamics System (see below) and deliver extended EV range.

nsx_2021_08_12_20.jpg

And a teaser video...

Recon

Established Member
I read about this a few days ago before the release and specs were revealed. It sounds like it’ll be a good performer. They should’ve done this earlier.

Pick your poison.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah, with that new retuned awd system and the bump in power/torque,..........gonna hurt a lot of FEelZ.
LOL

I've always liked the new NSX cars. Pretty bad ass.

ArabianOak

Established Member
If they don't sell well (which I dont think they will because of ADM). I will strongly consider trading mine next year for a loaded gotham grey.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
The NSX never caught on like it should have but I foresee it being highly sought after years down the road once it is out of production. It's going to be a late bloomer and I bet it will fetch big money in years to come.

Users who are viewing this thread