Active shooter on Las Vegas Strip

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
I think it could have resulted in more deaths but less injuries actually. They did say a lot of the injuries were sprained ankles though.
Maybe, but after those first few they all become moving targets if you're going for kill shots. So I would imagine it would be harder, but just speculation again.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Guess the 2A superheroes aren't as amazing as they say they are.

How many of the men who stayed behind to treat the wounded were 2A supporters you think? A coal miner was shot in the arm while treating the wounded but kept treating the wounded regardless, veterans and active duty shielded women while under fire, medics and police ran back in. Would you venture to say they were 2A supporters?

That comment says a lot about you, but to keep the thread clean I wont go into detail. Did you ever stop to think that these are the people that would be treating you or comforting you had you been injured or dying in this event?

Riptide

Established Member
Nobody knows. Aimed shots generally are more deadly. Less wounding and more killing. Especially at range.

.0025% chance of being murdered with a firearm in the US in a one year period.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Maybe, but after those first few they all become moving targets if you're going for kill shots. So I would imagine it would be harder, but just speculation again.

It is all is speculation of course. Just a thought as many were moving, but many gathered up against the walls relatively exposed.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
It is all is speculation of course. Just a thought as many were moving, but many gathered up against the walls relatively exposed.
The few times I've had to bear down on a moving target (coyote, badger, rabbit) it was a lot hard and that was maybe 50-100 yards. Which is why I would assume it would have been far harder. especially elevated and at 400 yards. Plus just may not have the skill and relied on rounds over hits.

This guy couldn't have waited until next week when comes voted on the suppressor bill. I'm not a conspiracy theorist but the time of this couldn't have been worse

I have to dig into it since it's been awhile, but haven't we had a few mass shootings on the heels on large bills/laws/scandals? I believe Aurora took place around an important event, maybe Benghazi.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Some people knew what it was. I think I said earlier there were some Marines and military in the crowd that recognized it. Problem is most people have never heard rounds overhead or incoming, so if you have never heard it then it is completely unfamiliar to you. Being it is a small sonic boom, there is no way your ears wouldn't pick up the snap at least a little bit, even if there is loud music playing.

You could hear the gunfire loud and clear when it started. People just thought it was fireworks or a problem with the audio equipment. When people started dropping and the panic spread is when everyone realized what it was.

Well I just watched a few videos of some raw footage of what went down there and I had no idea how close the hotel was to the concert. For whatever reason I was thinking it was further away. Those shots are indeed quite distinct and easily heard over the music.

Unreal what happened there. I watched the one with the taxi driver who was filming at the hotel, and just holy ****.....unreal.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Well I just watched a few videos of some raw footage of what went down there and I had no idea how close the hotel was to the concert. For whatever reason I was thinking it was further away. Those shots are indeed quite distinct and easily heard over the music.

Unreal what happened there. I watched the one with the taxi driver who was filming at the hotel, and just holy ****.....unreal.

It doesn't look like it but they estimate 400-500 yards from the hotel to the grounds.

thehunterooo

Established Member
Yes because it's a good idea to blindly fire into a hotel 400 yards away.

Exactly. No matter how many guns those honky tonk folks had it wouldn't have made a difference. Which proves the point that less gun laws and more guns does not mean this stuff will not happen like 2A Christians say. This man was not deterred into firing into a right leaning 2A crowd because he had a "good" setup.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Exactly. No matter how many guns those honky tonk folks had it wouldn't have made a difference. Which proves the point that less gun laws and more guns does not mean this stuff will not happen like 2A Christians say. This man was not deterred into firing into a right leaning 2A crowd because he had a "good" setup.
Good job trying in derailing this thread with ridiculous statements like this.

thehunterooo

Established Member
Good job trying in derailing this thread with ridiculous statements like this.

Not really. I have always asked what could have been and I'm told more guns and less laws will deter this stuff from happening. It's fraudulent. There is a large group in this country that will just turn their nose at the people who got gunned down because they don't want to face the truth and it's sad. It's a matter of when the next shooting takes place not if. When someone has a plan like this it does not matter how many weapons are in that concert. People on here act like they always have their finger on the trigger always ready to draw and take out the bad guy but in reality it is not how it works.

Even at the start of the thread people were hoping it was a Muslim/Democrat/Liberal/Sanders-Clinton voter. The first thing they are worried about are gun rights. Look at Pulse (I might dig up thread on here so people can read what they wrote), first thing from Trump was blaming others. McCain said Obama was responsible. Who is responsible here? Obama? Just disgusting to read some of the posts here.

thehunterooo

Established Member
How many of the men who stayed behind to treat the wounded were 2A supporters you think? A coal miner was shot in the arm while treating the wounded but kept treating the wounded regardless, veterans and active duty shielded women while under fire, medics and police ran back in. Would you venture to say they were 2A supporters?

That comment says a lot about you, but to keep the thread clean I wont go into detail. Did you ever stop to think that these are the people that would be treating you or comforting you had you been injured or dying in this event?

You missed my point to attack me. People constantly talk tough (on here a lot as well) and think that they can just whip out a gun and take down a threat.

A lot of brave people stayed and even rushed into the scene to help and they are heroes. Doesn't matter what they support or believe in they put their lives on the line to help others as people do everyday in this country.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
You missed my point to attack me. People constantly talk tough (on here a lot as well) and think that they can just whip out a gun and take down a threat.

A lot of brave people stayed and even rushed into the scene to help and they are heroes. Doesn't matter what they support or believe in they put their lives on the line to help others as people do everyday in this country.

Oh, my bad. So you know what everyone here thinks they are capable of, like none of us know our own limits. Got it. What you don't realize, and what I have said, is that a lot of these guys here on this forum are capable of a lot more than they realize. A lot of the people who stayed and helped are the same people you would find on here. Help and action comes in many forms and is not tied to just a prop such as a firearm, a firearm is simply a tool in accomplishing a specific task. Action comes from a set of beliefs of putting others before yourself, a trait common among the people you are trying to criticize.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member

Unfortunately they didn't all become moving targets. In a couple of the videos I saw a bunch of people just stayed crouching down in the open and some would stand right back up and just stand there in between shots. They didn't know where the gunfire was coming from so they just froze. A woman filming even asked "should we go?" And people were yelling "no just get down!" They were sitting ducks but didn't know it.

There are many scenarios where carrying wouldn't help. What's your point? Other than being divisive and condescending.

cbj5259

Established Member
On another note...glad Obama wanted to "demilitarize" our police for being to too scary. I can't speak to what it must have been like in an ambush in Iraq or Afghanistan but from what it sounded like in those videos clips it sure sounded like a war zone. I bet those Police officers and spectators would have given a testicle to have a few APCs for cover.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread