ACT twin disc!!

red92

Never To Fast
Established Member
Just wanted to put out there I recieved my ACT(Advanced Clutch Technology) Twin disc clutch today. I am sure some have never heard of ACT well I found them through a friend and did some research of them, they have been in the game for about 15 years now mostly on high performance imports and now moving up to the domestic's so keep an eye out for these guys.
Looks like a really nice piece, I will be installing it later this week and will let you guys know how it feels and how the install goes.

:beer:

SCT2003

2012 3.7 & 1986 NOTCH
Established Member
The ACT twin (rated at 875 ft/lbs) will be going in my 03' Cobra this weekend...along with a new TOB, TOB sleeve, pilot bearing and LDC "free-play" mod. I help out at my buddy's Vette shop and he uses both ACT and RPS clutches on some really high powered vehicles.

I'll be putting on a ported Eaton soon and possibly juicing or twin screwing her down the road...I guess the 875 ft/lbs rating will give me some room to grow into huh???

I'll let you guys know how it works out...

Later...Dave

Last edited:

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
This is what Jon Urist likes to use/promote. I have not heard too much about them, but please post up your experiences. :pop:

SCT2003

2012 3.7 & 1986 NOTCH
Established Member
Clutch install is done, put only 10 miles on it during the short ride home. The pedal pressure, gear engagement and overall operation feels just like stock.

Feels good so far but...the "break-in" period is 400-500 miles.

I can't wait to really bang gears again!!!

:burnout:

Later...Dave

Jroc

Established Member
Good deal.

I use to have a 4 pug ACT clutch in my old Integra GSR. It was an on or off clutch and way overkill for what I had, but I think it was a good clutch.

Last edited:

VincodeY

Established Member
yeah, the ACT is popular with the supra crowd so I am sure it can handle what we will throw at it. I havn't heard anything negative about them. My .02.

SCT2003

2012 3.7 & 1986 NOTCH
Established Member
part# and where you bought it??

Kit Part# T1S-F01 (Ford Mustang Twin Disc Street Kit, Solid Organic Discs, 8 Bolt, 10 Spline, 875 TQ Capacity)

The kit includes twin discs, flywheel, floater plate, pressure plate, alignment tool and complete instructions.

My friend's performance shop uses ACT clutches for Vettes and other GM cars...so he ordered the clutch for my Cobra.

For more info...contact ACT:

661-940-7555
http://www.advancedclutch.com/

Later...Dave

Last edited:

EvilTwins

I can't find my pulley!
Established Member
What I never could understand was why make a clutch rated for 875 lb/ft of torque for the 10 spline?

God damn I am having a hard time deciding what twin disk to go with.... It's just amazing how many choices there are out there now...

SCT2003

2012 3.7 & 1986 NOTCH
Established Member
What I never could understand was why make a clutch rated for 875 lb/ft of torque for the 10 spline?

God damn I am having a hard time deciding what twin disk to go with.... It's just amazing how many choices there are out there now...

They do have a 26 spline version too...if that makes you feel better. I asked my transmission guy about upgrading and he said yep, the 26 spline is stronger but under heavy abuse even the 26 spline will break.

I do go to the track for "shits & giggles" but I don't plan on slicks or very hard launches anyways. He said at my power level, I'll be fine with the 10 spline on the street and occasional drag floggs.

Only time will tell huh...

Considering your power level, do you want the part# for the ACT 26 spline Twin Disc??? You can also give Mike at ACT a call...he'll steer you in the right direction!!!

661-940-7555
http://www.advancedclutch.com/

Later...Dave

Last edited:

EvilTwins

I can't find my pulley!
Established Member
Can you get the part numbers for all of their models? Both the 10 and 26 spline versions. I'm sure everyone would appreciate that :)

I've always heard nothing but good things about ACT, mostly from the import crowd like has been stated already....

Users who are viewing this thread