accuracy of stock gauges?

Kennytgnewedge

Established Member
Ok. So i just put a brand new engin in my terminator. Mmr 1000. Anyway i am wondering about the accuracy of my stock oil pressure, water temp and oil temp gauges.? What should i replace. :shrug:

moot09

Established Member
Any of my gauges not accurate ? If so witch ones.

Oil pressure gauge is crap from the factory. Only reads abut 0-10psi. The others such as engine temp can't really be defined as "accurate" either. Like mentioned above the Aeroforce gauge will give you what you need and then some.

Double-D

'03 10th Anniv. Cobra Cpe
Established Member
Any of my gauges not accurate ? If so witch ones.

Comparing (accuracy wise) a stock gauge that reads somewhere between hot & cold verses a aftermarket gauge that reads say 173.6 degrees. I pick aftermarket.

You can alway check/verify your stock gauges with a hand held programmer or a trip to the dyno shop. Personally I went with a dual scan gauge set-up because I'm not trusting.

wvmystichrome

Established Member
Just hold your trip button down as you atart the car. That way you can cycle thru all the good information available to you.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member

Kennytgnewedge

Established Member
Ok iv done alot of readong on this aroforce. Its sounds to good to b true.. is it realy as simple as plug in play into the cobras stock computer. ? Sounds amazing. And if so, it brings the question of the accuracy of stock sencors. Im probly gona by this amazing peice of tecnology haha. If its realy that simple to instal. For thoes that have the aroforce interceptor how satisfied are u with this. Any draw backs ?

SilverCobra7

Philippians 4:13
Established Member
Ok iv done alot of readong on this aroforce. Its sounds to good to b true.. is it realy as simple as plug in play into the cobras stock computer. ? Sounds amazing. And if so, it brings the question of the accuracy of stock sencors. Im probly gona by this amazing peice of tecnology haha. If its realy that simple to instal. For thoes that have the aroforce interceptor how satisfied are u with this. Any draw backs ?

I couldn't be happier with my Aeroforce Gauge... It's really a great product!:thumbsup: Set mine to cycle scan and see everything every 5 sec. You won't regret buying this gauge!

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...8-aeroforce-gauges-paid-themselves-today.html

Last edited:

Brutal Metal

Established Member
guys have been having issues of late with Aeroforce, search threads!
And OP the stock stuff is CRAP, it'll read normal oil pressure with as little as 5psi!

Kennytgnewedge

Established Member
DM-100 OBD plx . Has anyone seen this yet or used it in their cobra03/04 . Its cheaper and seems mutch better. Showes 4 all at once insted of cycleing. Also has a working support fourm and has a little remote :). Well it seems like a better deal. Anyone kno about this. DM-100 OBD2. From plx?

earico

Established Member
DM-100 OBD plx . Has anyone seen this yet or used it in their cobra03/04 . Its cheaper and seems mutch better. Showes 4 all at once insted of cycleing. Also has a working support fourm and has a little remote :). Well it seems like a better deal. Anyone kno about this. DM-100 OBD2. From plx?

I haven't used the gauge but I have used their products. I am using their Kiwi Bluetooth OBDII connector to run Torque on my HTC EVO. It has worked flawless. I agree that the gauge seems better than the Aeroforce. I have been looking at them too.

Kennytgnewedge

Established Member
I haven't used the gauge but I have used their products. I am using their Kiwi Bluetooth OBDII connector to run Torque on my HTC EVO. It has worked flawless. I agree that the gauge seems better than the Aeroforce. I have been looking at them too.

Hm i have i have the same fone. How usefull is that tourqe app. Iv heard about it but havent researched it yet.

Any one else ?

rattle_snake

Smoke 'em if you got 'em
Established Member
Aeroforce Gauges still get their readings from the OEM sensors. How accurate are those???

The OEM temperature sensors themselves I believe are RTDs, which are extremely accurate if properly calibrated which they are not in the mustang application. The temp readings of these sensors displayed with an aftermarket gauge is precise but not necessarily accurate.

If your need from the gauge is to warn of pending failure then you don't care if it reads 173.4 deg or 176.9, you care if is says 267 F.

Oil pressure is a little different. after dropping big $ on a motor you kinda want to know what it really is. not sure what the OEM oil pressure sensor is. probably a diaphragm and strain gauge/resistive element. I would guess the OEM stuff is within 5%

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Oil pressure is a little different. after dropping big $ on a motor you kinda want to know what it really is. not sure what the OEM oil pressure sensor is. probably a diaphragm and strain gauge/resistive element. I would guess the OEM stuff is within 5%
within 5%? :D:D

earico

Established Member
Hm i have i have the same fone. How usefull is that tourqe app. Iv heard about it but havent researched it yet.

Any one else ?

It's very useful. I am monitoring IAT2s with it. You can monitor anything that an OBDII gauge will. On my Evo I have 6 gauges setup and all are readable. You customize it like a computer desktop. Pick the gauge type, size, qty and etc. Drag and drop. So easy to do.

Better than that is the ability to set audible alarms for any reading. So for instance I have IAT2 set to warn me at 135 degrees right now. The same computerized female for navigation says "warning I A T 2 high"

If you do it PM me and I will tell you how to set up IAT2. It has to be manually entered. Also don't get the cheap ebay ODBII bluetooth adapter. I heard it has issues with the Ford protocol.

Last edited:

MalcolmV8

Established Member
After I blew up my motor and rebuilt it I got some real gauges too. I can tell you the stock temp gauge is very vague. The temp can move from 190 to 220 and the stock gauge doesn't even move.

file.php

file.php

file.php

Users who are viewing this thread