accufab TB

stangfreak

Established Member
i was reading an article in the recent issue of 5.0. they said the accufab tb made 13rwhp gain. does anyone think this mod is worth getting or no? any negatives / positive sides to installing a tb?

Juiced-03

Established Member
I wouldnt do it, I think the money is well spent elsewhere unless you can get a used one real cheap. I have seen them as low as $275 shipped! But for the full price brand new, no. I hear they really dont add any power, but throttle response is improved. Not worth $500+ in my opinion. Some people have actually lost power with this mod.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by §ilver§nake
Speaking from experience, I WOULD do it.
I agree. It is one of the mods that I most appreciate. The improved throttle response and louder blower noise is a definite plus. Reminds me of a big 4-barrel when you hear that air getting sucked in. I will say this, though. I would recommend it but put it further down your list. There are other mods that will give you more bang for the buck.
:burnout:

ALA G8R

Banned
I love my Accufab for the reasons stated above. No idle problems either. No adjustments needed. Just bolt on and go. Well worth the $450 that I spent for a used polished TB/polished plenum.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
I had no problems with mine either, it looked awsome and idled perfect. But I just don't know if I got the power that other people got so I put the stock one back on. But I kept it so when I get rid of the eaton I can use it with the KB or whatever.

Oh, about the 5.0article, you might want to go back and look at all of the steps. The last step INCLUDES putting in a K&M air filter, so that 13hp is with the TB and a K&N filter. 5.0 gave some BS excuse about needing a K&N air filter to see the potential of the larger TB:rollseyes

Some people gained a nice amount of hp and some didn't, so I guess its up to you :shrug:

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
my throttle is crisp and a new $100 bill. I did all my mods at the same time, so I have no idea of the gain.

KosherCobra

Established Member
Do the TB.

I did it with the plenum, but in addition I did the CAI. Otherwise the stock filter box and silencer will restrict the flow that the T/B can flow

stangfreak

Established Member
thanks for the replys guys:beer: you know what it is, it is expensive, thats why im thinking twice, but it does sound good. i wonder why people lost power? does anyone have any ideas? if i do install the tb, i will deff. do a dyno run to see the before and after.

as i stated in my previous post, i will be getting a different blower. but for now to keep me happy, i will get a 2.80 rr pulley. i think i will add the tb when i install the pulley. i will post up dyno numbers soon. hopefully i will get some decent numbers

03CobraRed

Established Member
Just make sure you always check the screws on the throttle body. I went to check why my car was idling so high yesterday and there was only one screw left in the throttle body and it was backed halfway out! Everybody check theirs.

BuffDigits

Bling - Bling
Established Member
I wondered about this myself. I was thinking of upgrading to an accufab but then I saw the apten website.

Apten mentions that they dont see any real gain by going to the accufab TB unless your pushing 550 horse or more.

In fact they mention that in many cases you get less HP but a small increase in torque.

So Id like to hear more about this, but I think for now it doesnt appear to be worth the 500 or 600 bucks for questionable
results.

stangfreak

Established Member
buffdigits, thats a good point you made. less hp but an increase of tq? we need to see some before and after numbers. anyone got?

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
5RWHP & 8RWTQ.....gained ONLY!!!!!

$600.00 as said before & by your selves is a questionable MOD.
Get other mods such as Pulley, Chip, Full Exhaust & CAI 1st before dumping ur money into this mod.

Dont it before & after earlier this year....the above is all i netted with the following.

Autologic Chip, Bassani O/R X-pipe, 3" Custom Exhaust & K&N Filter.

Or just go for it.... LIVE & LEARN.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
5RWHP & 8RWTQ.....gained ONLY!!!!!

$600.00 as said before & by your selves is a questionable MOD.
Get other mods such as Pulley, Chip, Full Exhaust & CAI 1st before dumping ur money into this mod.

Dont it before & after earlier this year....the above is all i netted with the following.

Autologic Chip, Bassani O/R X-pipe, 3" Custom Exhaust & K&N Filter.

Or just go for it.... LIVE & LEARN.

Don't listen to him... he drives a mach1. :lol:

stangfreak

Established Member
poisonous, what happened to your cobra??? why did you sell it??? you had a cobra right if i remember:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread