About to go pick up a SB terminator!!!!

Afghanman

03 SB Terminator
Established Member

no thats not it.. its in nc i found it online and i think its on autotrader. i got my approval from the bank and everything and im really going to get 9500 for my trade which is CRAZY good being that it needs a new trans and bumper. just want the vehicle thoroughly checked out before i drive off with... im driving 5 hours just for it so it better be worth it you know... it has 60k.. one owner and the owner was a car collector of somesort and had the car at shows in nc all the time from the extra pics i got. i could get for cheaper privately... i know.. but its the trade in thats reeling me in... i just want to double and triple check everything on the car is legit and its stock too w/ orig chrome wheels... i have an extra $1000 bucks to use on it immediately when/if i come back with car... have any ideas what i should do first??? im thinking lowering it first??? let me know and help out!! I will def post pics and my friend (who is knowledgeable on cars and the cobra of course who will be accompanying me to nc )... says he wants to record me when i first get the keys and start it up lol... like a little kid who takes their first steps video as he would say... hahaha! and... does this sound like a bad deal to anyone including trade? let me know fellas...

Afghanman

03 SB Terminator
Established Member
i paid 14k for mine at a dealer with 60k on the clock. it was still too much but they would not budge.

the one currently for sale is private with 70k miles, probably would book at closer to 12k.

these cars are not special and should not be valued as such. 2003 with 60k books at 13.5k trade in, a dealer would give 3k back of that, so why should we pay so much more than an ACTUAL value??

and as far as you buying a terminator for 14k at a dealer with that price is crazy.. i havent seen a cobra remotely close to that price at any dealer with only 60k.. ive seen some rebuilt and high mileage but thats about it... got a good deal if it was clean in my opinion..

SpectorV

Established Member
a DEALER might pay 14k for a good 03 cobra... but a private party sell would not be that much unless its a POS, the seller has NO CLUE, or it has SUPER high miles and is in bad shape....

NADA is about 19k-20k for a vert with 60k miles for example

Last edited:

no2moro

Established Member
These cars are special. That I know of these are the only mustangs, with superchargers, to roll off the assembly line in true form. They are not Gt's taken to some warehouse in Michigan, Vegas or California and made into something else with a 60 grand price tag.

CBrowning84

Established Member
no thats not it.. its in nc i found it online and i think its on autotrader. i got my approval from the bank and everything and im really going to get 9500 for my trade which is CRAZY good being that it needs a new trans and bumper. just want the vehicle thoroughly checked out before i drive off with... im driving 5 hours just for it so it better be worth it you know... it has 60k.. one owner and the owner was a car collector of somesort and had the car at shows in nc all the time from the extra pics i got. i could get for cheaper privately... i know.. but its the trade in thats reeling me in... i just want to double and triple check everything on the car is legit and its stock too w/ orig chrome wheels... i have an extra $1000 bucks to use on it immediately when/if i come back with car... have any ideas what i should do first??? im thinking lowering it first??? let me know and help out!! I will def post pics and my friend (who is knowledgeable on cars and the cobra of course who will be accompanying me to nc )... says he wants to record me when i first get the keys and start it up lol... like a little kid who takes their first steps video as he would say... hahaha! and... does this sound like a bad deal to anyone including trade? let me know fellas...

Congrats on the SB! :beer:

As far as lowering it, just cut the springs! That's what I did with mine and I like the ride better than the H&R SS with Bilstein shocks/struts on my old mach1! Plus it's cheaper. Just get some good CC plates and you're set. I even did the whole job myself, it's actually pretty easy, just takes awhile.

If the car doesn't have exhaust, that would be the first thing i would do. Intake, exhaust, pulley, and tune and you'll be looking at 450+hp :banana:

mysterio

Established Member
If you're travelling to NC to pick it up, and your return route brings you through the Hampton Roads, VA area, let me know, as there's a few SVT Cobra owners around here that would like to see it, and maybe share some info for ya.

I learned *a ton* about these cars from other owners before and after I bought mine.

Good luck with the purchase!

Afghanman

03 SB Terminator
Established Member
Congrats on the SB! :beer:

As far as lowering it, just cut the springs! That's what I did with mine and I like the ride better than the H&R SS with Bilstein shocks/struts on my old mach1! Plus it's cheaper. Just get some good CC plates and you're set. I even did the whole job myself, it's actually pretty easy, just takes awhile.

If the car doesn't have exhaust, that would be the first thing i would do. Intake, exhaust, pulley, and tune and you'll be looking at 450+hp :banana:

thanks man. i just got home with it this morning and it rained on me the whole way!! cant believe it. its getting tinted up on saturday and an all fluid flush and of course oil change to just insure freshness of course.... how many inches do you have your car lowered front and back by the way?

Afghanman

03 SB Terminator
Established Member
If you're travelling to NC to pick it up, and your return route brings you through the Hampton Roads, VA area, let me know, as there's a few SVT Cobra owners around here that would like to see it, and maybe share some info for ya.

I learned *a ton* about these cars from other owners before and after I bought mine.

Good luck with the purchase!

thanks for the invite man but it was storming and i got out of the dealership way later then i expected cause my bank messed up fianance stuff but it all worked out.... the car is home now in northern va but when i do come back down that way i will def stop by... its always good to pick up knowledge as for i do want to know any and everything about the terminators.. thanks again

Afghanman

03 SB Terminator
Established Member
Congrats on your new purchase. Post pics when you can.

it stormed the whole way back the car has a detailing appointment and tint job already on saturday morning i will try and post by saturday night.. car is pretty clean... i will get it perfectly clean with minor details under the hood and stuff... it does have 60k on their a little dirty nothing major.. i just cant express how happy i am about the purchase...

CBrowning84

Established Member
thanks man. i just got home with it this morning and it rained on me the whole way!! cant believe it. its getting tinted up on saturday and an all fluid flush and of course oil change to just insure freshness of course.... how many inches do you have your car lowered front and back by the way?

Not sure about inches, but I cut 1 full coil off the front and about 3/4 from the rear. :beer:

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
you lucky lucky bastard! lol jk
thats cool man, post pics, even rained up pics will work!

His Grace

Genesis 1:31
Established Member
CONGRATS, I didnt sleep the first week when I got mine, just staired at it through the window all night lol

Afghanman

03 SB Terminator
Established Member
thanks everyone for the feedback.. im in love with the car already way better then my z... im at my job now and taking up 2 spaces in the parking lot lol.. and youre right cant stop lookin at it. im changing the profile right now lol

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
CONGRATS, I didnt sleep the first week when I got mine, just staired at it through the window all night lol

mines not a terminator but i had the same feeling with mine.
still do when i wash and wax mine and its sits under a street light at night. looks sexy from the side. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread