About to get a 2011, Is SVT PP worth it?

BryanV

Established Member
Ive always had GM vehicle but now I want a GT500. Ive been building them trying to decide what color combo, stripes or no stripes, etc.
So is the SVT performance pack worth it? Ofcourse it will NOT stay stock and I will be going with a bigger blower etc, will this just save on suspesion, braking upgrades?

FireDragon

Established Member
PP= SVT Wheels/better tires, 3.73 gears, and stiffer springs w/ a slight drop.

I skipped it because I'm eventually gonna change the wheels and tires to at least an 11inch wide rear for fatter tires. You could widen the SVT wheels if you really like them. I also plan on going with Ford Racing Springs. So, for me, why pay the extra $3500 for things I'm gonna replace anyway?

I say, if you really like the wheels/tires, and don't plan on changing springs go for it. If you're gonna mod all that stuff anyway, skip it.

BryanV

Established Member

I skipped it because I'm eventually gonna change the wheels and tires to at least an 11inch wide rear for fatter tires. You could widen the SVT wheels if you really like them. I also plan on going with Ford Racing Springs. So, for me, why pay the extra $3500 for things I'm gonna replace anyway?

I say, if you really like the wheels/tires, and don't plan on changing springs go for it. If you're gonna mod all that stuff anyway, skip it.

Thanks I also plan on going with a Sterling Grey

Red10thcv

Established Member

+1 and
Save the money for mods later on down the road.
Not having to make extra payments for the $3,500.
Save on interest from the $3,500.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I think it is well worth it. If you plan on changing the wheels/tires, just remove them and sell them. Guys are frothing at the mouth to be the first to bolt them onto their '07-'09 cars, for example. I know I am.

Same goes for the blower. If you plan on upgrading, somebody out there that just has to have the new natural finish unit will take it off your hands as well...

I say do it. The '11 GT500 PP is the baddest ass Mustang to date, right from the factory.

rdsnk46

Established Member
I say do it! I love the stripes, wheels and gears! The springs I would just levae as the current eide in my 500 is geared so towards racing it can be annoying at times unless I loosen the rear shock setting.

chuckstang

Established Member
If you don't want to mod it, get the SVT PP because it is a fantastic package from the factory, but if your going to mod it, save your money obviously and dont get the package.

For me personally, Id get it because it is too much of a headache and too much wasted money trying to mod it yourself. No body does it better than facory installed, trust me.

Also, think retail value, the SVT PP will be desirable to other buyers looking for a used one. Otherwise they would most likely just buy a cheaper 2010.

fastlif

Established Member
I hate to say it but 3.73s factory installed may be worth the $3500 to me. That and the wheels for sure. I want 3.73s in mine but I'm scared of gear whine.

chuckstang

Established Member
I hate to say it but 3.73s factory installed may be worth the $3500 to me. That and the wheels for sure. I want 3.73s in mine but I'm scared of gear whine.

Also, you could actually sell the wheels and tires alone for about $3k if not more

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse

As long as you use a reputable shop, whether that be Ford dealer with a known mechanic or a vendor/shop here, it shouldn't be an issue.

fastlif

Established Member
As long as you use a reputable shop, whether that be Ford dealer with a known mechanic or a vendor/shop here, it shouldn't be an issue.

they all say that but in the past I've always had a little whine. I don't know of any shop that will 100% guarantee ZERO whine. Some say if it does whine you have to buy new gears and start over....just not worth the chance for me.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Well, let us know what shops you use so we can avoid them ;)

BLK03SVT

Mike
Established Member
I didn't order the PP for the same reasons above- I don't like the wheels and couldn't see paying extra for something I'm going to replace anyway.

rdsnk46

Established Member
I love a fully opt'd car, I always get all the options reguardless........if I dont like them or my taste changes I sell them or store the parts I remove. The cost of the PP isn't so great that it would offset not adding it.

I love the new color combo's I have mine picked out already.....The wheel are awesome! They look similar to the TF Chicanes I bought that I had color matched. Gears.......must have item. Better suspension, I drive the shit outta my car so it's needed for my style of enjoyment!

rdsnk46

Established Member
I really think if I got a new 500 I'd keep it closer tho stock than go wild with mods. I think the TVS blower is a great match for the GT500. Great TQ in the low and mid range. The Snake bite kit is really nice too! Go wild? KB ALL THE WAY!

Users who are viewing this thread