About time I introduce my Terminator...

ColorMatched

grayongrayongrayongray
Established Member
I haven't really been on here much, but if any of you have seen my posts you'll know I have been looking for an 03/04 for a LONG time.

Well, thanks to SVTP, I finally tracked one down and was about 95% what I was looking for.

I am the 3rd owner of this 2003 DSG Coupe #6009, which has been on SVTP it's entire life and I was able to pretty much track down it's full history (Prev. owners acrod and STEEDA SNAKES)

Very limited mods, mileage in my range, and came with a full binder of paperwork (Which I have started my own folder already).

My buddy and I flew down to San Antonio (from Pittsburgh) for this baby, and drove it back (1,500 miles and +/- 26 hrs.). I was able to check off "buy a muscle car across the country and drive it back" off of my bucket list. We had a little hiccup along the way, but I think it was just the Mustang Gods' way of telling us we had to work a little harder for this one. The good-hearted guys at Dynospeed Racing in Memphis gave us a little help on the way home and made for a hell of a story to tell around the campfire someday. Anyways I'll stop babbling and throw up some pics!

Outside of Quizno's in San Antonio (clean):
230060_10150606493595858_572965857_18898492_509092_n.jpg

Outside of work the day we got home (DIRTY. Pulled in at 5am straight shot leaving Memphis at 2pm the previous day)
227211_10150611557410858_572965857_18958489_3759421_n.jpg

Starting to change a few things. Pennsylvania only has a rear plate.
254055_10150634946145858_572965857_19239034_4877064_n.jpg

In Pittsburgh by PNC Park (Steeda side stripes gone)
268355_10150694542325858_572965857_19602563_8336271_n.jpg

Removed the silver inserts in favor of black (Thanks AmericanMuscle.com)
268311_10150652074805858_572965857_19449907_4056256_n.jpg

Plan is just to continue the meticulous maintenance history this car has and enjoy a (fairly) virginal car. I'd like to get into replacing the bushings and belts/hoses this winter, as well as powdercoating the calipers and SS brake lines. Also worked a deal with a local guy to swap the 03 chromies for a set of 30k miles 10th anni wheels. Hope you guys enjoy the writeup and shoot me some love!

Dan

TCSoff

I'm watching
Established Member
Congratulations on the new Cobra. Great story, well written. It must be a blast driving thru so many changes in scenery. Camp fire story for sure.

ColorMatched

grayongrayongrayongray
Established Member
What happened on the way back?

Nice looking Snake... TY for making those changes. Looks WAY better.

First off, are you stationed in Okinawa? I was in Tokyo in March during the earthquake. Crazy stuff, but still didn't take away from how beautiful of a country Japan is. Be safe over there!

Part 1:
Developed a mis-fire outside of DFW area. Check code at AutoZone, Cyl 2 Misfire. Replace plug/coil, good to go.

Part 2:
Developed another misfire between Little Rock, AR and Memphis, TN rolling onto an on-ramp we hear a loud backfire. Grab a room and check code in morning, CYL 3 misfire. Pull coil and it's blown apart (spark came up through the hole and killed the COP). Figure we'd buy 8 new plugs and swap em all. 7 plugs out and back in, CYL 3 the threads were gone. Stuck in Forrest City, AR until Monday morning when we could get a flatbed to Memphis where the Dynospeed guys hooked it up with a time-sert. They were booked weeks in advance with cars out the door and had me turned around and back on the road in ~4 hrs. I cannot thank them enough for what they did.

And TSCoff, it was amazing to be able to go from an entirely different area and see the way back home, experience the different towns. Always wanted to do it, and would like to eventually drive into or through all 50 states.

-Dan

Last edited:

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
First off, are you stationed in Okinawa? I was in Tokyo in March during the earthquake. Crazy stuff, but still didn't take away from how beautiful of a country Japan is. Be safe over there!

Part 1:
Developed a mis-fire outside of DFW area. Check code at AutoZone, Cyl 2 Misfire. Replace plug/coil, good to go.

Part 2:
Developed another misfire between Little Rock, AR and Memphis, TN rolling onto an on-ramp we hear a loud backfire. Grab a room and check code in morning, CYL 3 misfire. Pull coil and it's blown apart (spark came up through the hole and killed the COP). Figure we'd buy 8 new plugs and swap em all. 7 plugs out and back in, CYL 3 the threads were gone. Stuck in Forrest City, AR until Monday morning when we could get a flatbed to Memphis where the Dynospeed guys hooked it up with a time-sert. They were booked weeks in advance with cars out the door and had me turned around and back on the road in ~4 hrs. I cannot thank them enough for what they did.

And TSCoff, it was amazing to be able to go from an entirely different area and see the way back home, experience the different towns. Always wanted to do it, and would like to eventually drive into or through all 50 states.

-Dan

Yup.. I'm actually sitting on my back deck overlooking the bay about 7 blocks from Kadena's Gate 2...

I was en-route to NC to go to my follow on Supervisors course 2 days after the quake hit. It was indeed crazy. I flew through Narita- it was SLAMMED with people trying to get out of Tokyo.

I LOVE road trips- but ones like that are "challenging" for sure. Glad everything worked out for you. Once again, congrats on the Snake. Looking good..... any plans? Whipple, KB, Hellion...?

bwahl602

Established Member
awesome dude!

I hear ya on the drive.. i bought my 04 TR mach from ryans88gt on mach1registry.. in less than two days notice, i got a $16000 check, flew to illinois (from eastern pa) and bought the car. Drove back 900 miles
I got a speeding ticket 5 minutes into the test drive too

Tip to anyone who plans to buy a car across the country and drive it home.. especially through indiana and ohio which have no radio stations.... bring more than 2 CDs

awesome car OP

Bill

Tunedprt91

Established Member
Congrats on the car! I was just at Dynospeed yesterday picking up my car, youre not joking on how busy they are. They usually have enough cars to keep them busy.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Part 1:

Part 2:

-Dan

That's quite a story to tell Dan. Nice that everything worked out in the end. I wish you the best with the car. Love the color! Enjoy it this summer. :beer:

va boy

Established Member
Great write up, even with the misfortune, sounded like a trip you and your buddy will remember for a long time. I was fortunate enough to find my Terminator only 150 miles away. My best friend found his 07 Shelby 500 miles away...road trip! We still talk about how fun that trip was, that's really what it's all about.
Congrats on your new car, great color choice!

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
Nice find, DSG is my favorite color! I love road trips, this year we're taking the Shelby to Mustang Week in South Carolina. 2300 miles roundtrip, I haven't been back to the east coast since I was stationed in Delaware 6 years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread