Aaron Hernandez Commits Suicide

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
an NFL career is a terrible thing to waste.

I can handle a conversation it's just now I don't like you anymore.
Good luck,
Bruno.

as Mater would say, "that's funny right ther"

maybe it depends on your definition of coward. i agree, it takes balls to off oneself. a soldier about to be captured by the enemy (a nasty enemy), not everyone would have the balls to end themself and would just be captured.

suicide definitely does not equal any form of courage, that's an entirely different thing.

no need to argue about it back and forth though lol.

also have to wonder if foul play was involved. perhaps a relative of a victim had it done? prisoners have ingenious ways of getting shit done including faking suicides. i did read that he blocked the door which makes it seem like a slam dunk but they could possibly have a way of making that happen. they showed this in an episode of The Wire (iirc). where they wacked a guy in prison and manged to block the door so it looks like he was in the room alone. i was like "oh shit" lol. yeah, thats tv but prisoners have come up with some crazy, inventive ideas.

you have to wonder, why didnt he do this before? he was already convicted with a life sentence on the first murder.

not that i nor anyone really cares. good riddance to that POS.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.

maybe it depends on your definition of coward. i agree, it takes balls to off oneself. a soldier about to be captured by the enemy (a nasty enemy), not everyone would have the balls to end themself and would just be captured.

suicide definitely does not equal any form of courage, that's an entirely different thing.

also have to wonder if foul play was involved. perhaps a relative of a victim had it done? prisoners have ingenious ways of getting shit done including faking suicides. i did read that he blocked the door which makes it seem like a slam dunk but they could possibly have a way of making that happen. they showed this in an episode of The Wire (iirc). where they wacked a guy in prison and manged to block the door so it looks like he was in the room alone. i was like "oh shit" lol. yeah, thats tv but prisoners have come up with some crazy, inventive ideas.

you have to wonder, why didnt he do this before? he was already convicted with a life sentence on the first murder.

I agree this arguing back and forth is for bitches.

Funny how "courageous " people are behind a monitor or smartphone.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

Spot on meng.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
I agree this arguing back and forth is for bitches.

Funny how "courageous " people are behind a monitor or smartphone.

its like arguing about gun control or abortion. NO WAY anyone is going to convince the other side about the matter. just different opinions on the matter.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Let me re-phrase, just for you...

But just because the guy was a POS that deserved no mercy, does not mean that committing suicide makes a person a coward.

I see you're hung up on these 2 particular scumbags and inferring that that is the reason why I think they're cowards. Not the case. If average Joe Blow who is otherwise a nice guy, let's say, loses his wife and/or job and says **** it and offs himself. He may not be a scumbag like these other 2 but his act is also cowardly. There are very few incidents in which it wouldn't be.

Having grit and determination would be forging ahead and facing the problems, whatever they may be, not taking the easy way out. It's cowardly and selfish.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I see you're hung up on these 2 particular scumbags and inferring that that is the reason why I think they're cowards. Not the case. If average Joe Blow who is otherwise a nice guy, let's say, loses his wife and/or job and says **** it and offs himself. He may not be a scumbag like these other 2 but his act is also cowardly. There are very few incidents in which it wouldn't be.

Having grit and determination would be forging ahead and facing the problems, whatever they may be, not taking the easy way out. It's cowardly and selfish.

100% agree.

The whole worlds issues all come back to selfishness these days.

Poor me, cant handle my own shit.. always looking for the easy way out.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse

How did they manage to block the door in the show? Other than using string to pull a wedge or something under the door frame as they close door, I can't even imagine how it could be done.

We talked about the timing of his suicide a little today at work and we figured that the trial gave him a reason to live as it got him out of the jail cell and he got to put a suit on and see his fiancée. Once the trial was over he knew that everyday would be the same until he dies in 40-50 years so he just ended it.

Hele On

I'll make it fit
Established Member
Here's a thought: could his suicide or rather action be viewed as reckless/selfish/thoughtless behavior not contrary to his personality?
So, if he always displayed this type of behavior in his life: poor decision making/violent/irrational behavior, does that make him or his actions appear bold/taking grit or possessing brass balls or just the final act in a series poor decision attributed to his personality?
Sure someone could view the act of Hernandez's suicide as taking grit or possessing brass balls if they don't have or are unfamiliar with his type personality, but that's just placing one's beliefs on another's actions.
Desperate acts such as this don't necessarily equate to having courage or possessing balls, especially if their prior actions supported such behavior.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

Ok, so what about a soldier that offs himself before being captured by the enemy?

Is that an act of cowardice?

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
How did they manage to block the door in the show? Other than using string to pull a wedge or something under the door frame as they close door, I can't even imagine how it could be done.

this is different in construction but just shows that they come up with some crazy ideas. like how they can make grilled cheese sandwhiches in their cell by using electrical wires and what not. not saying that it happened in this aaron case but possible, maybe lol. not like we'd ever find out.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
I cant speak for the officers working where he was housed but in all the places i was at a high profile inmate like Hernandez is gonna be watched like a hawk. When a inmate is found dead they do a serious incident review to see what happened and how the ball was dropped. I can guarantee this guy had no contact with other convicts and was housed by himself 23hrs a day in cell and rec and showered by himself. As big as he was it would be ridiculously hard to stage a hanging with him and whoever was working his block would not want to have to deal with the crap that would came from him doing this. There is one way in and one way out of that cell and if the door was blocked from the inside then he did it. Convicts kill themselves over everything and most dont leave notes statinf why. Whoever was working where he was housed had better been doing his security checks and have all his paperwork together cause there will be hell to pay

Buckwheat 1

I like Blm junk in my butt
Established Member
I'm thinking he was looking at the rest
I cant speak for the officers working where he was housed but in all the places i was at a high profile inmate like Hernandez is gonna be watched like a hawk. When a inmate is found dead they do a serious incident review to see what happened and how the ball was dropped. I can guarantee this guy had no contact with other convicts and was housed by himself 23hrs a day in cell and rec and showered by himself. As big as he was it would be ridiculously hard to stage a hanging with him and whoever was working his block would not want to have to deal with the crap that would came from him doing this. There is one way in and one way out of that cell and if the door was blocked from the inside then he did it. Convicts kill themselves over everything and most dont leave notes statinf why. Whoever was working where he was housed had better been doing his security checks and have all his paperwork together cause there will be hell to pay
I worked as a CO in Ma many moons ago. Back then the only strict security logs were done in "The hole" where guys were under suicide watch or being stupid. We hade to call in to the desk every 15 minutes and parrot 5 all secure and sign a log sheet.

CV355

_
Established Member

I'm not arguing, or upset, and I mean no offense by this:

(and again, this is a generalization- I recognize that Hernandez probably did it to avoid the life sentence playing out)

The best analogy I can give to why it's not "the easy way out" is that telling someone who is in such a state of mind to "fix themselves" is like yelling at a car that ran out of gas.

It's a social stigma that suicide is cowardly and selfish because that label serves as a good deterrent for those who are contemplating such an action. When the resources to cope are outweighed by pain, the perspective changes. Personally I feel that society is more concerned about the cost and inconvenience of suicide than the emotional impact.

When suicide feels like a viable option, the will and determination to "forge ahead" simply isn't there. It's like having the flu and being told you have to run a triathlon anyways.

This is a comic I saw that describes this pretty well:
mentalhealth2.jpg

Last edited:

C0bra99

Established Member
The act of committing suicide does take courage no doubt . Don't know if I could do it. I believe the reason why makes you a punk bitch or a courageous hero.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread