A9L swap, ?'s

mustangcobra93

Established Member
93Cobra2771 said:
Keep the stocker, as blk50 said.

Not doubting what you say, 99L, BUT he would have had to basically rewrite the code on your EEC to modify the EEC's operating parameters, which is a pretty involved process. I'll wager that your EEC has a chip on it, and you have never noticed it...

so I can put 36 or 38 lb injectors on my car with a calibrated MAF with my stock computer and everything will run fine?

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
You should be fine - in fact, it may be a little better drivability wise than the same combo with an A9L due to higher injector slope settings...

93cobra#3326

i love boost!
Established Member
mustangcobra93 said:
so I can put 36 or 38 lb injectors on my car with a calibrated MAF with my stock computer and everything will run fine?

yea as long as pro-m calibrates it correctly, good luck with that! :rollseyes i would second think getting a pro-m.
but thats just my opinion

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
C&L meters are about a 50% chance of not causing problems, IMHO.

ProM meters are about a 90% chance of not causing problem, IMHO.

If you visit the tweecer board regularly, you will hardly ever find someone who cannot tune their car with a ProM meter, while about half the time, people with C&L meters end up selling them for a ProM unit.

Have not heard much about the SCT stuff yet, but it is supposed to be good as well...

93cobra#3326

i love boost!
Established Member
93Cobra2771 said:
C&L meters are about a 50% chance of not causing problems, IMHO.

ProM meters are about a 90% chance of not causing problem, IMHO.

If you visit the tweecer board regularly, you will hardly ever find someone who cannot tune their car with a ProM meter, while about half the time, people with C&L meters end up selling them for a ProM unit.

Have not heard much about the SCT stuff yet, but it is supposed to be good as well...

yea i definently wouldnt reccomend c&l either! and ive had and have seen alot of people have problems with pro-m. they seem to be hit or miss-especially when supercharged/without a chip as the application. N/A my car runs fine with the pro-m. belt on and it doesnt richen the mixture nearly enough.-again this is just MY experience. do your own research to see how many people have had problems. im just saying i wish i would have bought a different meter-for MY application.
i cant tell you which i recommend because i havent gotten another one on the car yet. but im thinking either the lightning or SCT 2400 maf. id prolly get the lightning but im worried about maixing it out.
hope this helps i tried to keep it factual and not assume things...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread