A reminder why I quit driving Chevrolet

LD5050

37OH55V
Established Member
Hopefully the snowball Tesla started will have done away with dealerships within a decade or 2.

phillycobra99

Established Member
The dealership is the front man for the brand. If a brand's dealers have poor service, it reflects directly on the brand's ability to effectively control quality.

For even Ford they didn't seem like they cared much. When I called up recently to complain about a misdiagnosed repair that the dealership refused to do anything about, Ford told me the dealerships are independent franchises that Ford doesn't control.

Cumbersome101

Established Member
:lol: Wrong hair style for a truck, even if it is a chevy don't ya think? :rolling:

d0a0c702265a038cc311098f10e4e63d.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm glad you're now happy with your new Ford truck and the Ford dealership you used. That said, you're dissing an entire brand over one bad experience with one dealership. There are bad (and good) dealerships among all the brands. Ford included. When I bought my '03 Cobra I visited two local dealerships, and neither pleased me. One was darn right horrible. I ended up finding a great dealership 35 minutes away. I talked with the sales manager and I immediately felt that they would satisfy me long term. Went back there for all of my maintenance needs. It was worth the time/drive. I did have one instance where their service department screwed up on a service appointment. The manager was a total jerk with how he dealt with the issue. Fortunately the sales manager (who I bought the car from) intervened and made it right. Even great dealerships can disappoint at times. My Buick dealership ALWAYS went out of their way to satisfy me. One time they messed up on a part order and because I drove 10 miles for nothing they gave me a $100.00 service credit. I didn't even have to ask for it. Great dealership. If anyone is ever dissatisfied with a dealership, look for a new one. Don't dismiss the brand, though, over one bad experience with one dealership. Ford. Chevy. Nissan. Infiniti. Doesn't matter. Every brand has great dealerships likely within driving distance of where you live. And every brand has some iffy or bad dealerships.

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
You'll find lousy customer service everywhere it's too bad that it could get someone to switch brands but that's what it could bring out of someone. Glad you're liking your Ford!

Cumbersome101

Established Member
I'm glad you're now happy with your new Ford truck and the Ford dealership you used. That said, you're dissing an entire brand over one bad experience with one dealership. There are bad (and good) dealerships among all the brands. Ford included. When I bought my '03 Cobra I visited two local dealerships, and neither pleased me. One was darn right horrible. I ended up finding a great dealership 35 minutes away. I talked with the sales manager and I immediately felt that they would satisfy me long term. Went back there for all of my maintenance needs. It was worth the time/drive. I did have one instance where their service department screwed up on a service appointment. The manager was a total jerk with how he dealt with the issue. Fortunately the sales manager (who I bought the car from) intervened and made it right. Even great dealerships can disappoint at times. My Buick dealership ALWAYS went out of their way to satisfy me. One time they messed up on a part order and because I drove 10 miles for nothing they gave me a $100.00 service credit. I didn't even have to ask for it. Great dealership. If anyone is ever dissatisfied with a dealership, look for a new one. Don't dismiss the brand, though, over one bad experience with one dealership. Ford. Chevy. Nissan. Infiniti. Doesn't matter. Every brand has great dealerships likely within driving distance of where you live. And every brand has some iffy or bad dealerships.

I agree entirely. But I was having issues that wasn't getting resolved with the truck as well. The truck wasn't going to last.... It was icing on the cake. But the thing is I know Chevy has great pickups. I see it daily. But I seen to notice fords being better.

Coiled03

Established Member
Bad dealers on top of shit products make for a bad experience.

Black2010

Established Member
Good thing you didn't go to my local Ford dealer or you would not be buying Ford then. They are a bunch of idiots and are very rude. The Chevy and Dodge dealerships next to them are much better. I'm not brand loyal but as others have said, I'm willing to drive long distances for good dealerships. I browse locally now to see what I like and then go to my preferred dealers to buy.

Users who are viewing this thread