A pissing contest

04Mystic

Supercharged what?
Established Member
Alight here it goes, I went to get gas in my 02 Saleen and there were about 5 to 10 guys standing around hang out where I got gas. Anyway there were 2 Mustangs there also 1 94-5 Cobra and a GT, and all these kids watch me drive up to the pump. I'm like okay whatever....so I get out of my car, and no sooner I get out these punks start talkin smack about me and my car. So I just keep my mouth shut and pump my gas....so I get done start walking in to pay and these kids/guys and about 3 girls all give me dirty looks as I'm walking in to pay....still keeping my mouth shut....So I go in pay and walk out, then these kids start talkin smack to me asking if its a "real Saleen" I say Yes it is, then this jackass with his Cobra says HEY PUNK you wanna run 'em? I say No I dont street race find me next season at the track.... (in a cool tone of voice walking to my car)...then he goes on about how his Cobra only has gears and Exhaust...I'm:rollseyes as I'm walking to my car...open my door then he says...yea that pussy Sloleen would get its ass beat! because my car runs 11s. so I shut my door look at them and laugh :rollseyes start my car pull away slowly get to the main street and smoke 3 gears :-D

anyway....I would think crap like this would come out of a ricer group but not some Mustangers ?:shrug: I never said or did anything for these homos to start talking smack ? Then they all wanted to know if it was a V6, GT or Cobra I'm guessing because of my Cobra snakes on the fenders.... So what gives???? :shrug:

hj16

Established Member
They are called Domestic Ricers. Even if the car isn't rice, their mentality still is.

BTW - what kind of numbers does your car put down? Just the thought of a built 4V with a Turbo is making me drool.

04Mystic

Supercharged what?
Established Member
Originally posted by hj16
They are called Domestic Ricers. Even if the car isn't rice, their mentality still is.

BTW - what kind of numbers does your car put down? Just the thought of a built 4V with a Turbo is making me drool.

good point.....

On 10# it made 874rwhp & 987rwftq... I can turn the wastegate up to 32# and its got the turbo to put ever bit of that much too it to:) But thats a :nono: with viper spec T-56...also having problems with my centerforce stage 3 slipping....:dw: So I'm looking into going with an Auto but I really dont want to because I love to shift to much.

Fn'sh!t^

93svt 4 me !!
Established Member
Well better job of keepin your cool then what I would of done.

I have a habit of running my mouth, especially when someone starts something. Got me in trouble a couple times. :bash: :bash: .

Let me just say workforce and community service sucks.

What all do you have done to your car?? It sounds bad-azz :bowdown:

:beer:

04Mystic

Supercharged what?
Established Member
Originally posted by Fn'sh!t^
Well better job of keepin your cool then what I would of done.

I have a habit of running my mouth, especially when someone starts something. Got me in trouble a couple times. :bash: :bash: .

Let me just say workforce and community service sucks.

Yes indeed I know all about CS, amoung other things. :( I use to also have a problem with running my mouth, and when I lost my drivers license for 3 years it tens to make you wake up and look the bigger picture :eek:

What all do you have done to your car?? It sounds bad-azz :bowdown:

:beer:

I'd be happy to talk about it in email or AIM, YIM, PM :) I really dont like to talk about it much in open forums because (some...not all) people take things the wrong way or get in another pissing match :nonono:

:rockon:

GoatDaddy

Those guys sound like that dumbass that came on here not long ago hunting for that "Blue POS Cobra" at his school.

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Honestly, I would have popped the hood and let them back track and step on their tongues.

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
you are a class act. No need to be wasting your gas on stupid people like that. If they are really into racing, they would have taken you up on that offer to race at the track next season!

nice power numbers on your car btw!

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
The key word in your story was 'kids.' Kids will be kids. Trying to show off, show their friends that they're 'tough' and everyone's car is crap except theirs. Typical.

Oh, and before any of you younger guys chime in with "Hey! I'm young and I don't act like that blah blah blah" shut your piehole kid.

TwoValveKid

Uh oh.....
Established Member
Originally posted by 03CobraHopeful
The key word in your story was 'kids.' Kids will be kids. Trying to show off, show their friends that they're 'tough' and everyone's car is crap except theirs. Typical.

Oh, and before any of you younger guys chime in with "Hey! I'm young and I don't act like that blah blah blah" shut your piehole kid.

Wow...thanks for the blatent kick in the nuts asshole. :rollseyes

Your no better than some of us "Younger Guys" by saying that. You actually make yourself worse than the "younger guys" you mention just because you feel the need to slam them. Yes there are some who are and should shut up. But a blanket statement like that shows just how CHILDISH and IMMATURE you are.

Thank you :coolman:

Oh...and saleen...could you send me a PM or shoot me an IM on aim...im interested in turbo setups for a 5.0 i might get and have a few Q's and stuff. Just basic things and some tips. The AIM is the same as my name on here...Thanks :D

Way to keep your cool. I know a lot of guys my age and groups my age like that. I cant stand it. Way to smoke them tires for em :burnout: :burnout: i wouldve done like booyah said...woulda popped the hood and asked if they still wanted to run :-D

Last edited:

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Originally posted by SALEEN S-351
Alight here it goes, I went to get gas in my 02 Saleen and there were about 5 to 10 guys standing around hang out where I got gas. Anyway there were 2 Mustangs there also 1 94-5 Cobra and a GT, and all these kids watch me drive up to the pump. I'm like okay whatever....so I get out of my car, and no sooner I get out these punks start talkin smack about me and my car. So I just keep my mouth shut and pump my gas....so I get done start walking in to pay and these kids/guys and about 3 girls all give me dirty looks as I'm walking in to pay....still keeping my mouth shut....So I go in pay and walk out, then these kids start talkin smack to me asking if its a "real Saleen" I say Yes it is, then this jackass with his Cobra says HEY PUNK you wanna run 'em? I say No I dont street race find me next season at the track.... (in a cool tone of voice walking to my car)...then he goes on about how his Cobra only has gears and Exhaust...I'm:rollseyes as I'm walking to my car...open my door then he says...yea that pussy Sloleen would get its ass beat! because my car runs 11s. so I shut my door look at them and laugh :rollseyes start my car pull away slowly get to the main street and smoke 3 gears :-D

anyway....I would think crap like this would come out of a ricer group but not some Mustangers ?:shrug: I never said or did anything for these homos to start talking smack ? Then they all wanted to know if it was a V6, GT or Cobra I'm guessing because of my Cobra snakes on the fenders.... So what gives???? :shrug:

I remember owning a Saleen exposed 2 types of people.

1) real car enthusiasts
2) real idiots

Some people would get excited seeing my car. With the limited production and the fact I live in the North East makes them a rare breed. It also brought out the haters. Whether it was because you bought a high performance car that might be more high performance than theirs or you have something they want and don't have.

I just let the idiots be idiots and pimp that Saleen. :beer:

DSF

Warranty? Whats that?
Established Member
Originally posted by ZincDude
No street racing but you will smoke those tires!!!:rockon:

beat me to it ZincDude,

NO, NO, NO I dont street race but i will smoke the tires, jam some gears and show my ass by myself. Not much difference between racing and doing what you did, exept maybe you would get beat and damage your ego a bit!

NeedaCobra

Master of the Obvious
Established Member
Originally posted by SALEEN S-351
Alight here it goes. . . .

Sorry you ran across some idiots. If I was at the gas station, I'd just stare at your car and try not to drool over it :lol1:

Whenever you run it at the track next season, copy the time slip and tape it to their cars :D

mr-mstng

Established Member
An 02 4v with a turbo? Wow, very nice. The numbers are VERY impressive.

Its funny how Saleens seem to attract the nitwits. I constantly get people saying "It looks fake" without even asking me about it. losers.

If you can PM me, I'd like to see a pic of your setup. Thanks!

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Originally posted by TwoValveKid
Wow...thanks for the blatent kick in the nuts asshole. :rollseyes

Your no better than some of us "Younger Guys" by saying that. You actually make yourself worse than the "younger guys" you mention just because you feel the need to slam them. Yes there are some who are and should shut up. But a blanket statement like that shows just how CHILDISH and IMMATURE you are.

Thank you :coolman:

Oh...and saleen...could you send me a PM or shoot me an IM on aim...im interested in turbo setups for a 5.0 i might get and have a few Q's and stuff. Just basic things and some tips. The AIM is the same as my name on here...Thanks :D

Way to keep your cool. I know a lot of guys my age and groups my age like that. I cant stand it. Way to smoke them tires for em :burnout: :burnout: i wouldve done like booyah said...woulda popped the hood and asked if they still wanted to run :-D

Guess you missed the part where I said "before you say I'm not like that blah blah blah." Meaning, I know not every kid is like that. Nice knee jerk reaction though.

97whitecobra

Established Member
Bassin, I think another reason (S-281's get that treatment anyway) they run into that is because of the high pricetag and the fact that they are GT's with a blower. (some don't even have a blower) Anyway, they aren't the fastest cars out there. Not all people can appreciate the handleing (sp) characteristics or the beauty of this car for the money. I think they are possibly the best looking stangs ever (99 to present).

Users who are viewing this thread