A new pony in the stable.

faststang87

Smoke Em!
Established Member
Funny story that I thought I would share. I am a Deputy Sheriff in my local county. I responded to an accident where some body ran off the road and hit a mailbox when it was snowing. So I go on scene and realize that the address I am at is my neighbors house which is about two miles down the road from mine. Everytime I drive past this house, I had always seen a red 1993 Cobra sitting in the driveway. So I was excited to talk to this guy because it would be nice to have another mustang guy in the neighborhood. Anyway while I am talking to him and I tell him about how I use to have a 2004 Cobra and that I am getting my 1985 mustang repainted as we speak. I then tell him about how I have been looking for a 1970 or a 1969 mustang, preferably a Mach 1. The guy says let me show you something. So we go walking down the stairs to his basement, where he shows me a kit car cobra. He then says, "That is nice, but this is what I want to show you." He then goes over to the next car and pulls the car cover. Underneath this car cover was a beautiful 1970 mustang sportsroof. The only thing that was wrong with it was the motor had been pulled. So anyway I asked the guy how much does he want to sell it for. I am thinking 10000.00-15000.00 the way it sets. He told me that because I live down the street from him, he would sell it to me for 5000.00 :eek: So a couple of days later I now own a 1970 Mustang! Its not a Mach 1 but I don't care. I am excited!

CIMG0686_zpse9423882.jpg

CIMG0685_zps91beaa42.jpg

CIMG0684_zpsdca0e1b2.jpg

CIMG0683_zps6c10dcac.jpg

CIMG0682_zps22cd3832.jpg

gabe1530

Banned
you lucky SOB! that is a steal for a fastback!
it looks amazing from the pics, any ideas on what engine you want to put in it?

CobraMarkVIII

Established Member
I've got one just like it... in a video game. Look at that interior, the paint/body, that is something else. Picking out a motor should be fun.

Fast69Mach

Established Member
Very nice! I'm putting a new motor in my dad's 70' fastback right now too. As cool as a mod motor would be, they don't fit without cutting up the shock towers.

What options does the car have?

If you have any questions along the way, feel free to PM me. I've built a few of these cars and know them pretty well.

99cobra907up

Established Member
Wow, great find! $5000 for a roller in that good of condition is a steal! Congrats:thumbup:

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread