A must product for dsg and any color

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Is there a product to use instead of the cleansing lotion? I've been using blackfire products, such as there deep gloss spray. I'd like to try the 845 but wondering what I should use before I apply that?

Clay Bar it if it's never been done, then apply the #845:rockon:
Here's a pic after applying Collinite last summer (no clay bar, looking for even deeper gloss this time)
a12010.jpg

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Clay Bar it if it's never been done, then apply the #845:rockon:
Here's a pic after applying Collinite last summer (no clay bar, looking for even deeper gloss this time)
a12010.jpg

I'm not sure if mines been clay bar or not. But I did have a detailer due a wax using a 3m product last fall. It turned out pretty good. Is it to early to try another product? Your has a great shine!

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Wash your car this weekend, then after you dry it run your hand over the paint, if it feels smooth as butter and you don't see oxidation residue in the light you can hold off clay barring or even doing another coat of wax at this time. Yours was done 6-7 months ago? I'm guessing that 3M is a on it's last leg!
Thanks for the compliment but I'm hoping for more Insane results after the full detail BUT it's been SO Hot in Fla., last nite when I got home from work at 11pm my inside garage temp was over 100 on the thermometer, I need to get up the courage and drink about 2 gallons of water, haha!
AND if you don't wanna shell out $70 plus shipping for that kit, here's a Very nice price for just the #845 http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Coll...4083412QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Last edited:

SVTDice

Established Member
I tried Claybaring as well, I tried the Mothers claybar, It was awful and I felt it did not do much of anything besides smooth out the surface a bit. Otherwise I did not notice a visual difference at all. However I found #845 Made the Paint smooth as glass. Have a little test, Take a Microfiber towel and just glide it across your trunk, Then Wax it with the #845 and try it again, I can pretty much promise you that your microfiber will end up on the floor. Haha. I did this with my Jaguar like 3 times. Made me smile.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Mine has never been clayed and there's some oxidation and roughness on top of the clear coat that no cleaning polish or compound has been able to get out, gonna give it a try, friends have had good results..

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Wash your car this weekend, then after you dry it run your hand over the paint, if it feels smooth as butter and you don't see oxidation residue in the light you can hold off clay barring or even doing another coat of wax at this time. Yours was done 6-7 months ago? I'm guessing that 3M is a on it's last leg!
Thanks for the compliment but I'm hoping for more Insane results after the full detail BUT it's been SO Hot in Fla., last nite when I got home from work at 11pm my inside garage temp was over 100 on the thermometer, I need to get up the courage and drink about 2 gallons of water, haha!
AND if you don't wanna shell out $70 plus shipping for that kit, here's a Very nice price for just the #845 Collinite #845 Insulator Wax "FACTORY FRESH" | eBay

Thanks for the link, going to buy it! The 3m wax was put on in fall and then stored for the whole winter and maybe has been washed 2-3 times since then. It seems decent yet, but can't wait to try this!

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Hey guys, is it necessary to tape off the trim and such when using the 845? Thanks!

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
not necessary just wipe it off if you get some on the trim then apply a coat of back to black!

K cool, and dammit I just did back to black last week! This was before I bought my 845!

Users who are viewing this thread