A lot of problems on 03 Cobra?

saadcobra

Be away from me
Established Member
May be u don’t like the subject. I like the new Cobra, and I intend to buy one next summer used 04. But the problem is that if I buy it, there will be no warranty because it is from out side not from the dealer( there is only one 03 here, there are GT’s and old Cobra’s). So any problems, I will pay from my own money and the part order it from US, so u know how long it will takes around 1 week to 3 weeks. I read a lot of problems in 03 which are listed down, is all 03 has these problems or some of them? Would u advice me to buy it even if they’re some problems? How can I make sure that there are no problems in Cobra that I would buy it?

-------------------------------The Problems-----------------------------------

A weird whistling noise coming from the engine
There is a driveline clunk
Bearing noise in the supercharger
Vibe (driveshaft) problem
A pop coming from the rear end
The clutch is heavy and there is a lot more driveline lash
The passenger seat rubs against the door a little bit where the kidney bolsters are
Under side of the doors are not painted as well as the hood under the blanket...
Over heatingou have a balky clutch / transmission
Head tick
(clunk)noise in drive trane that occurs on acceleration and deceleration
Bad window motor
Nicked steering wheel
Tire mounted backwards
Tint paint
Major vibration at certain speeds
Small chips

ghostrydyr

Established Member
From my own 03 Cobra experience

I have had no problems. This is my daily driver (70miles daily) and I have almost 50 passes on the track. If I where you yes I would buy a used 03/04 next year. Ofcourse check it out, drive it around for a while(take your time) because if that car is gona tick it will do it when the car is fully warmed up and have been driven.

Good luck!

NCStanger

Established Member
Get a list of all of the TSB's out here and print them out, and tell the dealer you are buying it through that these issues should have never existed with the car or will be taken care of before you sign anything. Worth a shot. They have been many complaints I must say, and I've had several issues on TSB list.

03RedCobra

Established Member
I would Definitely buy a Used Cobra instead of a New one. I would be able to deal with any of the problems that arise much easier if I bought the car for $25,000 versus $35,000.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Originally posted by saadcobra
May be u don’t like the subject. I like the new Cobra, and I intend to buy one next summer used 04. But the problem is that if I buy it, there will be no warranty because it is from out side not from the dealer( there is only one 03 here, there are GT’s and old Cobra’s). So any problems, I will pay from my own money and the part order it from US, so u know how long it will takes around 1 week to 3 weeks. I read a lot of problems in 03 which are listed down, is all 03 has these problems or some of them? Would u advice me to buy it even if they’re some problems? How can I make sure that there are no problems in Cobra that I would buy it?

The passenger seat rubs against the door a little bit where the kidney bolsters are
Under side of the doors are not painted as well as the hood under the blanket...
Head tick
Bad window motor
Nicked steering wheel
Tire mounted backwards
Tint paint
Small chips

I don't get you. You have been reading posts on this forum from the begining. Are you just restating the obvious? Some people have a problem or two and some have none.

All cars have problems. If you dont want to buy one don't. Goto any Z06 website. They cry about problems with their cars too. They are american cars build in mass production.

silver10th

Established Member
i believe the whistle from the engine is caused by the supercharger. haha. have the car checked out and if all is well go for it. youll love it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I was surprised he asked the question myself. He's been lurking here for well over a year and is well aware of the problems. I'm confused. ??

hoofbeat

Established Member
Originally posted by saadcobra

Head tick
Bad window motor
Nicked steering wheel
Tire mounted backwards
Tint paint
Small chips
:bash: At the end of your post you say "Don, t believe anything you read" sugest you follow your own advise.

BLU-BLZ 03SNAKE

Built Up Tension!
Established Member
ive only had the car almost 2 month but no real problems. a very slight tick and the occational rough idle surge. i love it. jay

Users who are viewing this thread