A little detective work-let's see if anyone knows my car

TC-GT500

Established Member
Hey guys I'm hoping someone here knows my car from the local Shelby scene. I just bought it at Herb Chambers Ford in Westborough and through Carfax and looking at past paperwork I know a little of the history but want to see if you guys know the rest.

It's a black with red stripes in and out 2012 GT500 convert and the only option is the SVTPP. I know it was sold new in May 2012 and was titled in NH. It was probably from the Tilton area because Carfax shows a State inspection done at a garage in Tilton.

I'm told it was sold new at Danvers Motors but don't have any proof of that yet. I think the original owner's name was Mark because I deleted "Mark's cell phone" from the Sync memory. I probably should have looked for his cell number or called some of his contacts but I didn't feel right about that so I just deleted it and never looked in there. A Herb Chambers network dealer got it and George Chamber's friend (whose name I have) owned it for a month then traded it in on something else (I think it was an Audi). I can provide the VIN or NH title number if anyone thinks they can help me find the origin.

I can't request a title search from the NH registry because of privacy laws and not knowing the original owner's name. I'm not looking to hassle the guy I'd just like to know where my car came from and something about the first year of it's life. As fellow car freaks I'm sure you understand.

Any help you could lend would be appreciated and kept confidential.

Thanks!

SonicBlur2003

U.S.C.G.
Established Member
I have only seen one Black with red stripe vert around here. Owned by a gentleman maybe in his forties. Nice quiet guy. Don't remember if it had mass or New Hampshire plates or not. How much more information are you going to try and find out on a car that is a 2012? Either way congrats on the car.

TC-GT500

Established Member
Thanks for the info! I'd love to know why he bought it, why he got rid of it, did he order it this way or buy it off the lot, did he love it, hate it, ever race it, etc. You know, the usual non-sensical nosy stuff :) It would be nice to have a name too so I could say "Mr XXXX bought it new, traded it in for a faster one then this guy XXXX bought it, scared himself so much he got rid if it then I got it. I'm just one of those whackos who likes to know the ownership thread that's all.

SonicBlur2003

U.S.C.G.
Established Member
Not sure if this is your car behind mine.
va4y3y4a.jpg

TC-GT500

Established Member
It may be. Where and when did you take that? I found a chart online with 2012 production figures and if I read it right there were only 21 black/red converts in 2012 so it makes the chance of seeing one like it a bit more unlikely. Did you look inside it? Mine has regular seats and no Nav.

Just noticed you're in the CG. I deal with them quite often at work so we may have crossed paths if you work out of Sector Boston.

Last edited:

TC-GT500

Established Member
You guys are awesome! Now that I see more of the car it doesn't appear to be mine though :(
I have a copy of the last Massachusetts registration and that plate number doesn't match and before that it was registered in NH. Also, that car doesn't appear to have the SVTPP (it's got the rims but not the correct stripes for a 2012) and mine does. Thanks so much for digging up those pics though! :rockon:

Last edited:

TC-GT500

Established Member
OK so you're in Port State control or District? I deal with the Inspectors and Investigators of Sector Boston for my tourism business so I was wondering if we ever met. Sounds like we wouldn't have.

matt87

Established Member
what history could it have?! was it even owned by him for a full year?? lol! i found tons of past owner info on my car just by trolling around in these forums. i'm sure you'll find what your looking for eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread