A/F ?

CobraG

Established Member
Okay, loaded the Lund tune, then took the car out for a quick drive, not far and not fast. I watched the A/F on the stock gauge, it goes as low as 11 and as high as 20. If I'm coasting it'll stay at 20.
Also, the car feels a little jerky now, like it want's you to be on the gas consitantly, not coasting, doesn't seem to like that. It's not bad but I can tell it's there.
There's no CEL but I checked the codes anyway, the nGauge shows a P115e code.
Are those A/F numbers normal?

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
P115E DTC

During idle, the Powertrain Control Module monitors the throttle angle and air flow. If the air flow is determined to be less than expected, the PCM adjusts the throttle angle to compensate. The air flow reduction is typically the result of engine deposit buildup around the throttle plate. The P115E code indicates the pcm has reached the maximum allowed compensation and is no longer able to compensate for the buildup.

Causes:

Engine deposits around the throttle plate

CobraG

Established Member
P115E DTC

During idle, the Powertrain Control Module monitors the throttle angle and air flow. If the air flow is determined to be less than expected, the PCM adjusts the throttle angle to compensate. The air flow reduction is typically the result of engine deposit buildup around the throttle plate. The P115E code indicates the pcm has reached the maximum allowed compensation and is no longer able to compensate for the buildup.

Causes:

Engine deposits around the throttle plate
Thanks for the reply. How do I fix that?
I didn't have problems until I took the JLT off to find out what size it is. Maybe I did something to the TB by accident?

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
I didn't have problems until I took the JLT off to find out what size it is. Maybe I did something to the TB by accident?
Take a peek at your throttle plate and make sure throttle body bore is clean and free of deposits. Next.......check your connections at the throttle body.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

Install 200 dry shot of NOS, apply 100% throttle for 3 hours straight, clean off carbon deposits.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Serious note

What revision are you on with Lund? Make sure you report what the car is doing to them -- log it. Send to Lund. Very likely they will see something off via the log and adjust/send a new revision.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Your air fuel ratio will be pegged full lean on coast. The injectors are off.

As for 11's, they likely have commanded afr at wide open throttle at
. 79 or
.80 lambda

79 or 80 percent of the stoichiometry of your fuel, which is 14.08 (to 1).

.80 x 14.08 is low 11s

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

HPLouis

Established Member
You're a master of this stuff, BJ, so hoping you can educate me. I thought the stoichiometric air/fuel mixture for gasoline is about 14.7:1?
Hi,
14.7 is 100% gas. Since most states have E10 (90% gas and 10% ethanol (some places have E15 in the winter)), it's now 14.08.

Last edited:

CobraG

Established Member
Your air fuel ratio will be pegged full lean on coast. The injectors are off.

As for 11's, they likely have commanded afr at wide open throttle at
. 79 or
.80 lambda

79 or 80 percent of the stoichiometry of your fuel, which is 14.08 (to 1).

.80 x 14.08 is low 11s

Should have got you for the tune, but I had already paid for the Lund tune. Anyway, thanks for the reply, not sure what you're saying, but thanks anyway.

CobraG

Established Member
So when I took the JLT off to measure the diameter I had a hard time getting it back on. I wonder if I didn't put it back on the TB correct, could that be something? Also, I sprayed silicone on the bottom part of the JLT, where the filter is to get that part back on, could it be some of the spray got up in the TB?

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
So when I took the JLT off to measure the diameter I had a hard time getting it back on. I wonder if I didn't put it back on the TB correct, could that be something? Also, I sprayed silicone on the bottom part of the JLT, where the filter is to get that part back on, could it be some of the spray got up in the TB?
It's definitely possible you didn't get the intake tube in the silicone coupler correctly the first time. I find it easier to get the coupler on the intake tube than put it on the T/B.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
You're a master of this stuff, BJ, so hoping you can educate me. I thought the stoichiometric air/fuel mixture for gasoline is about 14.7:1?
14.67 for gas and that is what aftermarket and dyno widebands are calibrated to.
Ford sets stoich at 14.08 and I leave it there. That's the value for e10.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Should have got you for the tune, but I had already paid for the Lund tune. Anyway, thanks for the reply, not sure what you're saying, but thanks anyway.
Email or call us if you want to know more

Users who are viewing this thread