A Build in Bama

RDWHINE

Terminator
Established Member
Hey everyone, name is Spencer and I'm a 21 year old from Alabama. I've been researching and gathering parts for my 04 Redfire Cobra I bought off a member on hereback in April. As of right now the car is making a little more than 500 rwhp. I've always wanted a whipple cobra, but things have changed so here is my list of parts I have gathered.

McLeod RXT clutch ( 26 spline upgrade )
McLeod lightened steel flywheel
Afco dual pass H/E
LFP radiator
Reisch thermostat
Lethal Performace black intercooler and radiator tank
Lethal Performace Budget Return style fuel system
80lb injectors
Mac 1 5/8 LT
Lethal O/R X Pipe

The parts above is everything I have so far. Clutch, radiator, and H/E are going on here in about a hour. Will post pics of the install tonight.

My last part I need though is a new blower and I will be ordering it soon. TVS 2.3 I'm gonna get it tuned for 93 and E85. Anyone got a guess on what kind of power I should make?

Well time to get busy and I will keep thread updated with pics and status of car.

RDWHINE

Terminator
Established Member
Pics of parts loaded in the backseat of my truck
a5uhu4u3.jpg

sany6asy.jpg

Pic of the cobra I took last night after I got it to my friends shop
4u6atypy.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RDWHINE

Terminator
Established Member
Up in Decatur. Close to Huntsville. I'm in Mobile a lot for work, work on a towboat and we push barges down there

Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Funny I'm at USCG Sector Mobile so we probably talk more than you would imagine ;)

Last edited:

SonicBlur2003

U.S.C.G.
Established Member
Looks like an exciting bunch of boxes. enjoy putting it all in. Mines stores seeing how its snowing outside

RDWHINE

Terminator
Established Member
Funny I'm at USCG Sector Mobile so we probably talk more than you would imagine ;)

Haha I've memorized what you guys say I've heard it soo much! Yea we pass y'all everytime when we come through Arlington channel and go over to mcduffie coal terminal!

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
LOL thank I can guarentee your tug captain has talked to me.. I'm the person that answers when you call for Oversize tow permits hahahaha!! Good times lol!! Same person who answers when you call for a Marine Casualty too. :)

RDWHINE

Terminator
Established Member
LOL thank I can guarentee your tug captain has talked to me.. I'm the person that answers when you call for Oversize tow permits hahahaha!! Good times lol!! Same person who answers when you call for a Marine Casualty too. :)

Well if you've gave a permit to the Thelma Parker II, that's the boat I'm on!! Hopefully in a few years ill be up there and ill talk to you!!

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
AHAHAHAHAHAHA now that's funny as shit.. I talk to that boat almost daily.. or everytime I'm at work. Which I'm at right now

RDWHINE

Terminator
Established Member
Afco H/E, LFP radiator, Lethal intercooler and radiator tanks, McLeod RXT
zyqada5e.jpg

Front bumper off to install heat exchanger
aqa2u4e7.jpg

New afco heat exchanger, radiator and tanks
uvuqymuj.jpg

Sooo I burnt the hell out of my spec stage 2 clutch
era6e2ym.jpg

Put some black cobra letters on too
bu7y7upu.jpg

Putting in the new 26 spline input shaft
agujyjas.jpg

Didn't get to finish up yesterday, but gonna get the clutch mounted in tonight, and everything else back on to start breaking it in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RDWHINE

Terminator
Established Member
nice progress, and some nice upgrades too, keep it up
Thanks a lot!
Great choice on all the parts going in and great progress!
Thank you!!

AHAHAHAHAHAHA now that's funny as shit.. I talk to that boat almost daily.. or everytime I'm at work. Which I'm at right now
Hahaha yea when we are in mobile that's the only time I have phone service to order parts!! Glad I'm not the only one getting on here while at work too!

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Hahaha yea man.. Great work!! I don't think you guys stay in port long since you load coal, but if you do for whatever reason drop me a PM maybe we can meet up.

'03snkbt

Call it like I see it....
Established Member
figured i'd follow this thread......been nice chatting with ya over the past couple weeks man.
KILLER parts list getting bolted on. need to bring it down here when car is complete!!!

RDWHINE

Terminator
Established Member
Forgot to ask, when are you getting the TVS?
probably gonna be after the first of the year. that away i got time to break the clutch in. Hopin this McLeod RXT will work for me!

figured i'd follow this thread......been nice chatting with ya over the past couple weeks man.
KILLER parts list getting bolted on. need to bring it down here when car is complete!!!
Thank you sir! Yes i will definitely try to get down there!!!

Nice build man!!
Thanks a lot!

Users who are viewing this thread