____** Post Quick TipS ** _____

trance_in_miami

Established Member
:read: ( Post your helpfull tips for everyone to know. ) :read:
SOme tips we may know about detailing/purchasing that other don't. :-D

1) One quick tip would be to use old Mf towles for engine cleaning /aluminum,chrome polishing. This way you dont mees up your new MF towels. :thumbsup: :rolling: and prolong your towels life.

Juiced-03

Established Member
Use car wash soap and water in a spray bottle instead of buying separate clay lube.

Use steel wool on glass to remove water spots.

You can use newspaper to clean glass streak free.

Clay your windshield and wax/seal it for the wipers to glide easier and water to sheet off.

Use 6 parts of water to 1 part of Woolite in a spray bottle to clean the suede-like material in the new Cobra seats. Also use it on leather to clean and soften it. It also works well on vinyl, dashboards, plastic, carpets, and most all interior surfaces.

At the end of your wash, use a flow of water instead of a nozzle to rinse it. The water will sheet off instead of bead which means less water to have to dry.

Spraying tire dressing in the wheel wells adds a very clean and final touch to full details.

spree

Established Member
One of the most effective all-purpose interior cleaners (carpet, leather seats, etc.) is to mix Water to Woolite in a 6:1 ratio. It's great at removing stains and smells great.

edit: damnit juiced...

stangd1909

GO NOLES
Established Member
Juiced-03 said:
Use car wash soap and water in a spray bottle instead of buying separate clay lube.

Use steel wool on glass to remove water spots.

You can use newspaper to clean glass streak free.

Clay your windshield and wax/seal it for the wipers to glide easier and water to sheet off.

Use 6 parts of water to 1 part of Woolite in a spray bottle to clean the suede-like material in the new Cobra seats. Also use it on leather to clean and soften it. It also works well on vinyl, dashboards, plastic, carpets, and most all interior surfaces.

At the end of your wash, use a flow of water instead of a nozzle to rinse it. The water will sheet off instead of bead which means less water to have to dry.

Spraying tire dressing in the wheel wells adds a very clean and final touch to full details.

Those are some great tips :beer: I didn't know you can Clay your window!!

Juiced-03

Established Member
stangd1909 said:
Those are some great tips :beer: I didn't know you can Clay your window!!

I clay all of mine every season. Use an old piece of clay or set one aside just for windows because you won't believe all the gunk it will pick up! It really helps your windshield in the winter when the wipers are on full force. After you clay them, throw on some wax or sealant and the wipers will glide freely and bird bombs/dirt will slide right off. Plus it just makes the glass look so much better (much clearer)! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

trance_in_miami

Established Member
Also simple green can save you money. it is my fav all purpose cleaner. Use it for the tires (not rims)and then brush them.
washwax.gif
then use meguiars High endurance High gloss with a SPonge applicator. You will achieve Equal results to Bild N' Bright for a cheaper price. I can attest to that. :eek:

trance_in_miami

Established Member
washwax.gif
Wax on Wax oFF:
wax.gif
If using your Porter Cable for the carnauba and are lazy to use your hand. you can use the Pc at the level 3" and hold it on your left hand(or right_ and your Micfrofiber towel on the other hand. this way you can save some energy. and acheive similar results. :coolman:

Tropi-CareChris

Tropi-Care Distributor
Established Member
Spray some detail spray on your foam pads prior to using your PC, then keep the pad damp as you go by respraying periodically.

Use Bar Keepers Friend on your windshield, it will remove everything from the surface and small scratches, a great prep product prior to applying Rain-X or your favorite wax.

To remove dried wax residue from hard plastic and rubber, apply a small amount of peanut oil to a cotton rag, rub it into the wax, let it sit for a moment, then wipe it right off. I use this one a lot.

Remember a couple of THIN coats is always better than one THICK coat. This goes for all products.

Jpjr

Established Member
um... what kind of wax/sealant do you guys use on your windshield? it does not affect clarity at all?

spree

Established Member
Jpjr said:
um... what kind of wax/sealant do you guys use on your windshield? it does not affect clarity at all?

Vanilla Moose (not a wax)...turns your glass into a mirror.

Juiced-03

Established Member
Jpjr said:

Like Spree said, use Vanilla Moose. I also use Klasse AIO and SG.

Trance, why not? :shrug:

Scott P

Established Member
There have been some good tips so far.

Keep a MF towel under your front seat. Use it to wipe down teh dash and consol area when you are stuck at a light or in traffic.

Find a small box or plastic container and carry some QD spray along with some MF towels so you can attack bird bombs as soon as they happen.

jpk

Established Member
Not a detailing tip, but I keep a can of the Meguiar's Rich Leather Wipes in my wife's car. They are sorta like keeping baby wipes on hand, only for your car. Whenver the dog gets a seat muddy or someone spills ice cream on a seat, they come handy for quick cleanup and protection. You just throw the wipe away after you use it. The small container doesn't look sloppy like having dirty towels and spray bottles in the car.

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
Ok, I want to know how to keep there rear end dry after your wash. I dry aeverything including the channels in the trunk and water still gets everywhere when I go for a drive after. It looks like it comes out of the wing supports. Probably THE BIGGEST PIA EVER!

Juiced-03

Established Member
EastCoast5.0 said:
Ok, I want to know how to keep there rear end dry after your wash. I dry aeverything including the channels in the trunk and water still gets everywhere when I go for a drive after. It looks like it comes out of the wing supports. Probably THE BIGGEST PIA EVER!

I know, that does cause frustration. After you go for a drive it leaks out and dirt/dust sticks to it making it look dirty within hours. What I do is wash my car in the afternoon when I know I am done driving for the day then just let it sit overnight. That's the only way it stays dry for me. I have also tried using a blower vac to blow out the water but it never gets all of it.

Users who are viewing this thread