99 YSI GT build thread

2004gt604

38FCKER
Established Member
one thing that might look good thats a little late would have been to fill n the mustang on the rear bumper and paint over it, paint looks beautiful though, the stripes turned out really nice

Last edited:

Brutal DSG

Angry Turtle
Established Member
All Back together!!!!!!!! Monday the hood and decklid will be sanded and buffed and re installed!!!!!!!!! New tint, alignment, and inspection and I'll be ready to rock Friday night for the PR Show!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a Difference
Before
photobucket-3220-1330894614881.jpg

photobucket-6389-1330894674995.jpg

photobucket-4146-1330893595415.jpg

photobucket-6341-1330894554406.jpg

Now FUC& YEAH BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
082.jpg

081.jpg

080.jpg

079.jpg

077.jpg

078.jpg

083.jpg

076.jpg

084.jpg

085.jpg

087.jpg

088.jpg

088.jpg

Even Wifey and my boss were in on the action!!!!!!!
069.jpg

070.jpg

073.jpg

Brutal DSG

Angry Turtle
Established Member
one thing that might look good thats a little late would have been to fill n the mustang on the rear bumper and paint over it, paint looks beautiful though, the stripes turned out really nice

I was actually thinking of getting the aftermarket 03 Cobra rear bumper since it has no letters in it. I have left over paint so it wouldn't really be a problem for when I decide lol
Paint looks great!

Thanks man :thumbsup:

2004gt604

38FCKER
Established Member
I was actually thinking of getting the aftermarket 03 Cobra rear bumper since it has no letters in it. I have left over paint so it wouldn't really be a problem for when I decide lol

yeah thats what i got on right now silver too, looks great though well done man you put alot of work into that thing and t payed off

Brutal DSG

Angry Turtle
Established Member
quick question if you dont mind.

what process did you use to clean and paint the rotors?

The rotor's were brand new but to clean and paint the hat's I took a red scotch-brite pad to rough up the surface then used a cleaner called DX330 which is a oil,glue etc cleanser that we use to wipe down the car's with before paint. Hit the rotor hats with duplicolor black caliper paint and that's it let it dry and install.

Brutal DSG

Angry Turtle
Established Member
All back together at the alignment shop now for Alignment,Inspection,and to have the front end leveled out since the floors in my shop are so damn uneven it's impossible to dial in the coilovers. New 5% tint all around on Wed's and hitting a couple shows this weekend!
001-1.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

mrbigjeep

Established Member
dunno what you ever did about the coilovers/struts but i ran the strange struts with the upr coilovers with no problems...my buddy still runs the same setup.

the strange struts i used had a little plastic dust cover that just slid right off.

Brutal DSG

Angry Turtle
Established Member
dunno what you ever did about the coilovers/struts but i ran the strange struts with the upr coilovers with no problems...my buddy still runs the same setup.

the strange struts i used had a little plastic dust cover that just slid right off.

The Strange struts I have have a metal dust cap which isn't a big deal to remove. I was going to swap them out with the 90/10's in the car now but decided to go with Tokico Illumina's instead.

Broke

Established Member
Im going looking to buy the same seats, did you modify the brackets or buy new ones?

jpicc

Established Member
It's nice to see someone that properly knows how to make a finished product. Unlike the person that originally (for the lack of a better word) built the car. Nice job!!!!!

Brutal DSG

Angry Turtle
Established Member
It's nice to see someone that properly knows how to make a finished product. Unlike the person that originally (for the lack of a better word) built the car. Nice job!!!!!

lol Thank man just found out that now the rear main seal started leaking great more work to do :bash:

Brutal DSG

Angry Turtle
Established Member
Wow!

Great build man! Wish I had the time an patience for all of that!

Thanks man this car just keeps pushing my limits. Lastnight took it out to Datalog it top of 3rd smelled oil get home and guess what the rear main seal decided to let loose :bored: Figures got 3 builds I am doing right now for other people and no lift since it's tied up with shop work!!!!! FML

SCalla1384

Established Member
Very nice build man! Very impressive. Its nice to finally see a 2V push a YSi to 25+psi. A lot of times I see them only making like 21-22psi.

What heads and cams do you have allowing you to keep making power to 7200rpm?? Thats badass.

Also, are you from Rockland MA?

Users who are viewing this thread