99 YSI GT build thread

Brutal DSG

Angry Turtle
Established Member
Very nice build man! Very impressive. Its nice to finally see a 2V push a YSi to 25+psi. A lot of times I see them only making like 21-22psi.

What heads and cams do you have allowing you to keep making power to 7200rpm?? Thats badass.

Also, are you from Rockland MA?

Thanks man :beer:
The heads are out of the box Trickflow 44cc heads with custom Bullet cams spec'd by Shrader performance. Hopefully over the winter I am going to swap out the stock PI intake for and Edelbrock and throw a set of stepped headers on it with a 3inch exhaust. If the bank account allow's I want to swap out pistons to a custom set with stainless rings and Oliver rods and really push it and see what it can do. Right now on 112 Octane I really think it has found its limit and with the Manley Rods and Pistons that are in it if we go any higher to push I feel along with the Tuner and Motor builder piece's will go everywhere :bash:

SCalla1384

Established Member
Yeah thats awesome dude, really clean build. Making power to 7200rpm must be awesome.

Did you buy that car from Corey up in NH? the Cory Im thinking about had a YSI 2V for sale around $12000, but wasnt sure what his motor setup was. Last time I had thought he made like 670rwhp @ 19psi or something.

Brutal DSG

Angry Turtle
Established Member
Yeah thats awesome dude, really clean build. Making power to 7200rpm must be awesome.

Did you buy that car from Corey up in NH? the Cory Im thinking about had a YSI 2V for sale around $12000, but wasnt sure what his motor setup was. Last time I had thought he made like 670rwhp @ 19psi or something.

Yup got it from Cory. Redid a ton of stuff added a few more trick's and this is what I got lol. I am actually short shifting the car at 6300 on the street since we still need to straighten out the Maf that dies out toward 6800. Just have not had time to get back down to the dyno and install the HPX yet. Still haven't drove it on the kill setting yet lol. Probably not gonna make it to the track till October either since the Spec 2 in the car really isn't gonna last after 1 or 2 real hard passes. Just gonna enjoy for the summer and putz around with it.

Users who are viewing this thread