99 decided to burn herself

thebestdj07

Established Member
just got back from lunch and saw smoke coming from the car. got it put out to find this.

just put a new paint job on it this winter. made me sick. waiting to see what the insurance is going to do. not sure what caused this. i'm still in disbelief

Brutal Metal

Established Member
look like the 12V power source below the armrest ignited, that sucks hit the insurance company up for better seats..

thebestdj07

Established Member
also what i was thinking. the whole inside is gona get changed out. evvvverryyy thing has fire extinguisher agent on it. no good for electronics

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
the smell itself requires a full replacement of everything in there, hope they don't total it over that as parts are prob. hard to find new or in decent condition

GLwhiteGT

FOMOCO MOFO!
Established Member
could have happened from having a counterfit cell phone charger or some device there that was made with cheap materials. And i wouldn't be suprised if they total it. you'd prolly need a donor car with a good interior to replace all that and swith to an all black interior as it will be easier to find im sure. might as well sound deaden the inside if you get to take all that stuff out.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Yeah guys DON'T leave anything plugged into that 12V power source unattended, I had my phone hooked up to it at work one nite and when i came out that whole area was hot to the touch and had a smell... and yeah the charger was plain jane model..

Woody6799

Established Member
track car! sucks man but I agree, cant see them fixing that on that old of a car.. I feel bad for you

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
I would imagine they would probably total it, but if you have the time and this isn't your DD, I think it would be worth trying to swap in a new(er) interior and saving the car. That sucks though man, good luck w/everything.

thebestdj07

Established Member
Nothing was even pluged into it thats the crazy part. I almost never use that one. Insh is through usaa and is by far the worst ive delt with so far. Happend friday they were arguing about where i wanted to take the car, finally got it there. Saturday the bodyshop gets a call they want to come get the car that its totaled without even looking at it. Monday the adjuster comes out. Here it is late tuesday and no word from him still. This lady calls body shop this am from.some auto auction saying their driver cant find the shop. Well it has not been released so you cant have it anyways. Then i get a call from the same lady saying shes rep. Usaa saying she wants the car to get picked up. I said no i have not heard anything from the adjuster. Sounds like its gona be one long process with these people.. o btw the closest one for sale is 200 miles and is more then kbb. So it will be intresting to see their first offer.

thebestdj07

Established Member
First offer 7100, second offer because we have not tryed to start it due to bur.ed wires was 6400. Submited my recipts for the paint, supercharger, kbb, along with the closest 99 in my area (200) miles away thats listed at 13999. Kbb is 10300. I really dont think its asking much for 9k plus my car.

I fixed all the burned wires and she fired right up. Took pic along with vid if needed for them.

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
First offer 7100, second offer because we have not tryed to start it due to bur.ed wires was 6400. Submited my recipts for the paint, supercharger, kbb, along with the closest 99 in my area (200) miles away thats listed at 13999. Kbb is 10300. I really dont think its asking much for 9k plus my car.

I fixed all the burned wires and she fired right up. Took pic along with vid if needed for them.

Did you insure the paint, supercharger, etc? I think that crap costs extra to insure. I know my wheels do....

thebestdj07

Established Member
yea they totaled it but im buying it back. offer today was 8700 they are getting close. but im not biting. saw on the report today they are comparing it to GT's in the area. im like no no they are two different cars. go out there and find 99 cobras. so we shall see.

desertt5

Established Member
Hope they get it right for you. Had 2 cars totalled in the past 9 months. USAA offered me than they were worth. The offers were almost NADA retail.

Users who are viewing this thread