99 Cobra vs SRT 8 Charger *VID!*

Mach0ne351

Established Member
GLHS837 said:
Come'on Rkenys, dont even get me started on commericals, Ford with the advertisments of the performance of the Focus Sport, all 150hp of it, really, leave the ads out of it:) "Drive it like a Ford", yeah, baby:) All makers make stupid commercials.

Mach, , large, yes, heavy, slug, no. Slug indicates slow, which it just flat isnt. We discussed handling earlier, and where it stands in realtion to the other cars in its class. Remeber, .1 slower around the road course than the AMG?
I'm sure you would get either of those 80-90K cars if you wanted a fast four door. Thats nice. Some folks

Damn, they are both fast cars, and cool cars, why not leave it at that? Obviously the OP is cool, but this blind "I'm gonna hate it becuase.......well, becuase.......I just dont like it" seems silly to me.

Oh, and about the Lightning to SRT-10 Ram thing, thats about irrelevant in this discussion.

ok, ill make it easier to understand then. 376rwhp out of a 6.1L...is a slug and a joke! but you need that kind of displacement to move a 4200lb boat around. that is a slug to me. now, if it was 3500-3600lbs, i will remove my statement, cause then it would really move. since the charger came out, i knew it was junk, and it is.....IMO.

now look at the new vette. 2900-3200lbs. 6.0L-7.0L. pushing great power, and light! very sexy and awesome ride. no way would i classify that as a slug. i just think your classification of a slug is different then mine. i would eat that SRT8 all over the open track, and poop it out, then eat some more. bring on a viper too while your at it.....even the 00R got better G's in the turns then a viper. dodge's are known to be heavy boats. good engines, but heavy!

Last edited:

GLHS837

Established Member
Whatever, Mach:)

Ken and CG, I read you:) I'm not unhappy it lost, you give it a shot and see what happens. And of course, I am happy to see one win. But I usually dont knock the loser, which you guys werent, unlike my pal Mach.

Cobra Kai

Never Dies
Established Member
Go drive a SRT 8 Charger, not a 300C; and then judge it. I have and was very impressed with the total package for a 4000 lb vehicle. Having recently had an SRT 4 Stage 2+, it was on my short list for a replacement when I sold the SRT 4, but the $ per thrill factor was deficient, IMHO. I would like to remind fellow SVT enthusiasts that SRT guys are our brothers in arms in the street war against the imports that will be won via American muscle. (Bowing to Supras, unfortunately) ;-)

P.S. Cobras rule! Congrats Sonic. :rockon:

CobraG

Established Member
GLHS837 said:
Whatever, Mach:)

Ken and CG, I read you:) I'm not unhappy it lost, you give it a shot and see what happens. And of course, I am happy to see one win. But I usually dont knock the loser, which you guys werent, unlike my pal Mach.

I say you can come in here whenever you want. I have seen numerous times when a particular car loses a race a person who has the same car comes in and defends and bashes, but you have shown a lot of class and actually have me more curious about the SRT 8 than I have ever been.

I know it's not an SRT 8, but I have a 05 Grand Caravan with the stow and go seating. I believe Dodge is making great strides across the board with their vehicles. The family loves our "Mini V" and I can't think of any other van I'd want in it's place.

Impact 5.0

Established Member
PLain and simple Dodge made a mistake trying to make a family sedan into a sports car, yea its a good looking car and fast for what it is but don't put a Family sized car up against a sports car.

Last edited:

Mach0ne351

Established Member
9Venom9 said:
PLain and simple Dodge made a mistake trying to make a family sedan into a sports car, yea its a good looking car and fast for what it is but don't put a Family sized car up against a sports car.

exactly :) but it still doesnt look good IMO. the magnum, charger, 300c all look the same! lol the only family cars worth putting against sports cars are M5's and E55 AMGs.

the original charger was awesome! and really sick muscle car. dodge took that, and made it into a 4door family car :rolleyes: did ford do that with the mustang? did ford do that with the Ford GT? hell no! finally dodge learned and kept the new challenger a 2door muscle car. thank god!

Last edited:

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
Damn you !!!! I just decided on running 4:10's ..... Now I am back to not knowing which way to go! ..... I need to be open track friendly .......

Damn ....damn ...damn ..... you murdered that guy ....

Yeah .....slow ass pice of shit underpowered '99 ...lol!!

sonic_4.6

Cobra Commander
Established Member
haha! Well, do what I did! I just put my 4.10s up for sale on another forum and had them sold within an hour! Then I got online and ordered 4.56s...

Impact 5.0

Established Member
If your NA go with the higher gear but if your blown go with the 4.10's, I am running the 4.10's blown and go through the gears fast!

GLHS837

Established Member
9Venom9 said:

Theres the big disconnect. Thats not what they did. They took a regular family car and made it a pretty fast, very good handling, well appointed one. They didnt put it up against sports cars, we did:) It competes in the large sedan class. With these fellows. Performance-wise, not luxury-wise. and in that class, it does very well.

http://www.caranddriver.com/compari...llac-sts-v-mercedes-benz-cls55-amg-page2.html

Now, for those whose interest is aroused, a very neat, realtively cheap thing is the SRT Track Experience. For $300, you get to hammer the full line of SRTs on a track for a day, under the instruction (not sitting next to in the passenger seat, but driving) of Skip Barber guys. A better way to really see what these things can do you wont find. They have venues around the country at diffferent tracks.

http://www.srttrackexperience.com/home.do

ph8.jpg

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
For $300 I can go race all weekend (Sat/Sun) with pro instructors at some of the country's best road courses. Not around cones.

GLHS837

Established Member
SnkBtn99 said:
For $300 I can go race all weekend (Sat/Sun) with pro instructors at some of the country's best road courses. Not around cones.

Using someone elses cars, not paying for tires? And the course depends on where you go, I attended at Michelins Laurens Proving grounds, it was a real road course. Also did wet skidpad and an autocross on 1/2 of the black lake.

http://www.canadiandriver.com/articles/pw/laurens.htm

michelindemo_9-1.jpg

Beverun, Lime Rock, Road America? Not cones in a lot, those places.

I know NASA offers a lot, this is not that, but still a bargain. Most folks wont make the commitmant to join NASA or SCCA, and cant afford a few hundred for tires just to run.

GLHS837 said:
Theres the big disconnect. Thats not what they did. They took a regular family car and made it a pretty fast, very good handling, well appointed one. They didnt put it up against sports cars, we did:) It competes in the large sedan class. With these fellows. Performance-wise, not luxury-wise. and in that class, it does very well.

http://www.caranddriver.com/compari...llac-sts-v-mercedes-benz-cls55-amg-page2.html

Now, for those whose interest is aroused, a very neat, realtively cheap thing is the SRT Track Experience. For $300, you get to hammer the full line of SRTs on a track for a day, under the instruction (not sitting next to in the passenger seat, but driving) of Skip Barber guys. A better way to really see what these things can do you wont find. They have venues around the country at diffferent tracks.

http://www.srttrackexperience.com/home.do

ph8.jpg

+1 I think the SRT 8 Charger is pretty damn impressive. That Hemi is pretty damn nice motor. And with a full aftermarket exhuast (including headers) plus a good tune . . . well . . . thats a monster on the road. Its pretty damn quick for 4200lbs. :rockon:

KingCobra10Sec

Project Cobra R in Progre
Established Member
Great Video, I think your car rocks, I have more bolts on's than you, but those gears you have are killer. I am purchasing my D1SC next friday, What do u think I will run in the 1/4 mile with 450RWHP and 4.10 Gears with Drag Radials?

GLHS837

Established Member
Cobra Kai said:
SRT does to Dodge what AMG does to Mercedes at end product. :)

And hopefullly, what SVT ends up doing again for you guys. A full spectrum of peformance vehicles, across the company, not just Ford, maybe?

Hmmm, Ford SVT 500 not quite lux enough for the clients? Here you go sir, try the Lincoln variant. Whaddya think?

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
Hemi is a pretty damn good motor for sure...along with Chevy's LS engines. Ford should have such a strong aluminum block (envy...Hurricane?). Hemi and LS motors are going to be killers in the upcoming Challenger and Camaro. LS9 is going to be murder in the new CTS-V....a 4-door kicking ass on the race track. It's nice to know at least our N/A Cobra's can still pull a family car....for now. Paging Nazman.

Users who are viewing this thread