Established Member
you had o/r x and cat back w/ 3.27 vs. same o/r + catback with 4.10
and you stayed even? maybe i'm just confused

CobraG

Established Member
pest36 said:
you had o/r x and cat back w/ 3.27 vs. same o/r + catback with 4.10
and you stayed even? maybe i'm just confused

I believe the 4.10's would help to get the car going faster, however throughout the race the car with the 3.27's would eventually catch up, that is with all other things being equal.
I think someone has a chart showing the gears with their relative speeds, the steeper the gear the faster the car gets to speed but eventually the stock gearing of 3.27's will catch up.

pest36

Established Member
and 5th won't pull just as hard after 130??

my 96 had 4.10 no white tooth speedometer gear though and i made the needle go a good inch past 160 pulling about 7200 rpms in 5th. not pulling as hard as 4th for sure but it kept goin.

first tr3650 car so i dont know how it will be with the gears. id still like to be capable of hitting 160mph with the 4.10s in :)

God

Established Member
i have 4.30's im confident after that id kill him LoL

CobraG

Established Member
pest36 said:
http://www.svtoa-atlanta.org/cgi-bin/trans.cgi

how much top end will it lose near the end of 4th gear with 4.10s then?
same mods on each car, 4.10 vs. 3.27, the 3.27 will win from a 80mph+ roll?

I have a different calcualtor I use, but the link is at work, I can post it tomorrow. I believe the car with the 4.10's would still maybe get a slight jump, however the race will still be pretty much equal, especially at that speed.

johnjib

Little '99 SVT
Established Member
Sweet video. Good pulls. Those chargers are heavy botches. Almost as heavy as my vert.....

CobraG

Established Member
pest36 said:
and 5th won't pull just as hard after 130??

my 96 had 4.10 no white tooth speedometer gear though and i made the needle go a good inch past 160 pulling about 7200 rpms in 5th. not pulling as hard as 4th for sure but it kept goin.

first tr3650 car so i dont know how it will be with the gears. id still like to be capable of hitting 160mph with the 4.10s in :)

I believe you will still be albe to do 160 with the 4.10's, depending on wind resistance and road conditions of course.
That is partly the reason if/when I do gears I'll be going with the 4.10's, I don't want to lose to much top end, especially in Germany :coolman:

Mach0ne351

Established Member
FFFFUUUUCCK ya! that's how you do it bro!!! i knew the "boat" couldnt keep up in the low to mid range power. what slugs!!!!!! dodge needs to stop making 4door muscle cars, and start actually thinking about weight reduction. awesome bro! i thnk i might need to upgrade from 3.73s to 4.30s now :) hahahahaha awesome!

GLHS837

Established Member
Mach0ne351 said:
FFFFUUUUCCK ya! that's how you do it bro!!! i knew the "boat" couldnt keep up in the low to mid range power. what slugs!!!!!! dodge needs to stop making 4door muscle cars, and start actually thinking about weight reduction. awesome bro! i thnk i might need to upgrade from 3.73s to 4.30s now :) hahahahaha awesome!

Now be nice, thats a "slug" that couldnt keep up with a car that has 4.56 gears to his 3.07s. I know its run what you brung, and the runs were cool. But to slam the SRT for not having low-mid, when the needs that much of a gear advatage to pull ahead isnt fair. Its low to mid range is great for a stock car of any weight.

The Cobra kicked ass, thats a fact. But to insult the SRT isnt right.

My car smoking a 2001 Cobra wouldnt make it a slug, just slower than my car.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Nice vid I figured thats what would happen def worth the wait :beer:
Last time I checked this is an svt board, get over the fact that people will call mopars slugs, boats peices of shit whatever. You forgot to mention the huge HP advantage that the Charger had or is that not worth mentioning???

I say this and I even own a Dodge and have spent countless hours and dollars to make it what it is but I just let everything slide off my back when Im on here.

mppava.jpg

Last edited:

gsx

Banned
Established Member
Good vid! Now you just need to spray incase he ever does start to catch up to you :D

Users who are viewing this thread