98 or 99 cobra?

Stopsign32v

Established Member
I'll say something no one else has....The 98 has one of the most important things IMO when you are building a high powered 32V Cobra engine......RETURN FUEL SYSTEM!!!

Machinator

Banned
Ok here is my .02 worth the 98 Cobra is the better buy cause A it is lighter , B It has the strongest aluminum block, C It has a live axle that is stronger than IRS and can with the addition of some springs and control arms handle just as well as IRS, D it is probably cheaper. You would be better off getting a 98 Cobra than the 99 or 01.

Cobie03

Established Member
99-01. I had a 97 Cobra before I bought my 01. And I must say I love everything about 01 better than the 97 including interior, handling, looks and I think the engine pulled alot harder. :beer:

chuckstang

Established Member
Ok lets end this whole power problem for the 99's. I called svt and of course my car has the fix and actually makes 341 at the crank, and he said that basically every 99 has had the fix and in most cases they would produce more than the 01's stock. So would people please stop putting this "lack of power for the 99's" in the equation, that was only a problem back then!
nothing against the one who asked because I did the same as you. The 99's are quite a bit faster..I test drove about 4 of each and the 99's all felt quicker than the 98's.
But the 98's kick ass if you want to supercharge, because of their head design and solid axle.

PiMpOnAnR1

JIBBIES!
Established Member
Cobie03 said:
99-01. I had a 97 Cobra before I bought my 01. And I must say I love everything about 01 better than the 97 including interior, handling, looks and I think the engine pulled alot harder. :beer:

thanx for the info but 1 question you live in white plans and you have a supersharged cobra?and you did you take me for a ride yet? :bash:
im in port chester man i would love a ride in that bad boy pm me or im me if you are interested :bowdown:

oh yeah and i cant forget the battle everyone is having i just think its all about taste what body style you like and what you are going to do with it in future because the 99 is faster by specs so stock vr :pepper: stock 99 wins

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread