97 CobraVS.99 GT convertible

Emin

Banned
Black98COBRA said:
Actually all the dynos I have seen are about the same hp but you are right about torque. Mach 1's also push the same amount of hp but have more torque. The 05 Gt weighs 3600 pounds according to MM&FF. They went to the strip with one and got a low 14. The fastest time I've seen in an 05 GT is a 13.8. Most of the numbers people have posted have been in the 14's. As of right now, the 05 is running neck and neck with a 96-98 cobra stock times. The times may drop as they get broken in and learn how to drive them, but most likely these are the times you will see most often (most people can not drive well).

Thats the same for 96-98 a Cobra. Around a 14 with an average driver, mid 13's with a good driver. The 99-04 GT, high 13's with a good driver and 14's with the average driver. Never did I say a 99-04 GT can't beat a Cobra. I said with equal drivers and conditions it won't. Anything can happen when racing on the street or at the strip but a Cobra with a good driver will beat a 99-04 GT with a good driver.

And I'm sure there have been many GT's beat Cobra's. Good for you. Too many people think because they beat one or two of a certain car they can beat them all. Props to any GT owner who has beat a Cobra.

same drivers and same road conditions wont always end up wit the cobra wining, now if it was, same drivers, same condition of the engine and same road conditions then the cobra would win.... just remember that cobras are older and probobly got more miles and been beat the **** out of them too.. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread