97 Big Bore Cobra Griggs GR40 FR500

YRUNVS

mean motor scooter
Established Member
bluevilevo8 said:
Can't trust anybody anymore I suppose. Hopefully you have all the major problems sorted out now. Don't let it get ya down.

I'm slowly getting there... I'm quickly approaching 4K in repairs (not including the ~500 his buddies at the ford dealership fleeced me for) and hope to get the car back on Monday...

It has just sucked driving my fox for the past month... I got hit on a friday, and then some asshole broke in and stole the stereo... That's why I was looking to get a new car. Driving a banged up fox, w/ no stereo for the past month :xpl:

YRUNVS said:
I'm slowly getting there... I'm quickly approaching 4K in repairs (not including the ~500 his buddies at the ford dealership fleeced me for) and hope to get the car back on Monday...

It has just sucked driving my fox for the past month... I got hit on a friday, and then some asshole broke in and stole the stereo... That's why I was looking to get a new car. Driving a banged up fox, w/ no stereo for the past month :xpl:

That sucks man. You may want to talk to Ford about the issue with the dealer. I don't think they would like to hear that one of their dealerships told you a car checked out, then you bring in a 4k receipt and disprove them. Just seems like Ford may take action against the mechanic/dealer who inspected your car.

bullitt3350

Established Member
man i guess alot can happen in a year and a half , when it left (Hp) when we redid the motor agian , it was in perfect shape, was one of the best cars that i have drove on the street

Last edited:

YRUNVS

mean motor scooter
Established Member
bullitt3350 said:
man i guess alot can happen in a year and a half , when it left (Hp) when we redid the motor agian , it was in perfect shape, was one of the best cars that i have drove on the street

Sadly thats not the case now... I neverspun it over 7K, but the engine needs to be replaced... I cant afford to duplicate what I thought I bought so it'll get a crate engine :-(.... I bought this car so I wouldn't have to drive my fox which was hit,and theb broken into :-(... Hopefully in march, when I'll be able to afford to do this, I'll have a reliable car that can get me to and from work...

May bradley ray die a painful death and then burn in hell

YRUNVS

mean motor scooter
Established Member
RTStabler51 said:
Leave the appropriate feedback for the seller.
I have done so, but apparently one rip off isn't enough to effect your trader rating...

I'll post another to add the engne woes

YRUNVS

mean motor scooter
Established Member
Turkish said:
So you keeping all the FR500 stuff on it?

Lol, not mad at you at all:D

I'm debating it now... I figure the intake is still good, not sure about the heads... I'll take a look at all the parts when I can afford to have the motor pulled... No time to do it myself since I work 70-80+ hours a week and not having a reliable car has tacked an hour and a half onto my daily commute...

I'd like to reuse the parts, but need something with a warranty now... I think this experience has pushed me out the mustang hobby...

Shoot me an email and if I decide to sell off, I'll give you first dibs

[email protected]

YRUNVS

mean motor scooter
Established Member
lightninmike said:
Yeah that will help others but this guy already got it in the butt

Yup instead of taking a vacation this year, I'll be replacing the engine and paying off the tranny :(

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
YRUNVS said:
Yup instead of taking a vacation this year, I'll be replacing the engine and paying off the tranny :(
Sorry to hear that man, sucks when someone just passes off their problems onto another person. Good luck with it man and i hope oneday you can enjoy this car

Users who are viewing this thread