96 Mystic Built Votech @15# stalling problems!

03 Red Fire

Ported Stage 5+
Established Member
NEED SOME ADVICE! I have recently got a 50K mile 96 Mystic Cobra...

All forged internals: Manley H-beam rods Diamond pistons Kellog Crank... Long block built by FOX LAKE!

Recenly retuned do to coming from Ohio @ 900ft above sea level...

Now in Virginia @ Sea Level! I had the car retuned and shorly after the car sometimes stalls out after 60mph to 70 mph coming off Interstate after putiing clutch in to put in neutral to cost and BAMMM it will stall out 8 out of 10 times!!!

Sometimes it will also stall if I go through the gears @ higher RPM and clutch in to put in Neutral to coast to a stop light BAMMM stall out...

The car will not stall if changing gears @ higher RPM's! Just when higher RPM's and putting car in Neutral to coast...

Could my tune be redone for this PROBLEM or SOMETHING else?!?

CAI is in BEHIND the fog light LOCATION...

THIS PROBLEM NEVER HAPPEN TO previous OWNER?!? But now that I think about it? I think he did mention that his tuner had to correct this problem after tune also.... I just don't want to pay my tuner another $400.00 for correction?!?

Thanks in Advance for the HELP....:cryying:

Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
What do you have for a bypass valve.. If your bypassing 15psi or more it's probably getting terrible MAF wash.. I'll bet 100 bucks that's it..

01yellercobra

Established Member
If the PO had to have it corrected then your tuner probably needs to correct it. I had to mess with my idle to keep it from stalling when I had the blower on.

SVTPete83

Established Member
I have a feeling it has to do with your speed specifically. I know in my car when my speedo wasnt calibrated right it would stall coming off the freeway when puting the clutch in. This is in your tune, but your speedo needs to be accurate as well.

JP_Stang

Established Member
I too think IAC or a small adjustment in the tune. Your tuner would charge you another $400 to fix an issue with the tune he wrote for you??

03 Red Fire

Ported Stage 5+
Established Member
I too think IAC or a small adjustment in the tune. Your tuner would charge you another $400 to fix an issue with the tune he wrote for you??
I hope that he would not! HORSEPOWER SOLUTIONS HAMPTON VA.

I have been researching all options before taking it back to the tuner. Just incase it isn't in the tune.... :??:

Last edited:

Stanger00

Established Member
That's the first person I would of called to find out why my car was stalling after a new tune was written. That's just me.

Sounds like MAF wash and the IAC needs to be adjusted in the tune. You would only get MAF wash with a draw thru system and the bypass valve is hooked up in way that doesn't allow the bypassed air a direct route into the blower inlet.

If your MAF is hooked up as blow-thru then it's a IAC issue.

03 Red Fire

Ported Stage 5+
Established Member
That's the first person I would of called to find out why my car was stalling after a new tune was written. That's just me.

Sounds like MAF wash and the IAC needs to be adjusted in the tune. You would only get MAF wash with a draw thru system and the bypass valve is hooked up in way that doesn't allow the bypassed air a direct route into the blower inlet.

If your MAF is hooked up as blow-thru then it's a IAC issue.

It's a DRAW THRU! after cooler and 03 termi heat exchanger cooler....

DSG2NV03

MUST HAVE BOOST!!!
Established Member
I am willing to bet it is in the tune specifically the dashpot. It is falling too fast and completely missing your idle speed and dying.

crazycarlo

Established Member
It's in the tune. I had a vortech on my 98 and I got a tune from a company. It would do the same thing, stall when put into neutral and so on. I then had the car tuned by a diff shop and he fixed it. I'm unsure exactly what he did to fix it.

Atleast I think it's in the tune.

03 Red Fire

Ported Stage 5+
Established Member
bypass3.jpg

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
bypass3.jpg

Well you have the same setup that I run for the most part.. I doubt its maf wash now.. It's probably tune related as others have said.

Users who are viewing this thread