95 KB Cobra video clip

Fast04SVT

You dont awesome with that video! The best i've seen in a longg time. What gears u got in taht car?? 410 or 373? I can't believe how good that was. I had to watch it twice and i think i'm guna watch it a third time! Good Job
Andrew

sikwitit36

Banned
Ive had you pics and videos page bookmarked since the last video you posted. I almost forgot about your car though. But man that sucker is nasty. Looks real good too. Anytime your ready to sell it let me know. Ill snatch that mammer jammer in a hot second.

You know you want to sell it. just send me a pm and well negotiate, LOL.

Cheers

Sonik Blur

]V[EGADET]-[
Established Member
Damn, looks like your Cobra stays pretty busy!! I don't know about you guys but that road racing/auto cross seems to be a lot more fun than drag racing....!! I would like to try it but my car isn't setup for road racing actually it's at a neutral setting but...I heard you have to get stainless brake lines, a cage, and you go through tires and brakes like gasoline...is that true? If it is, I don't think I can afford to go Auto-X or road racing...! That and I need cooling mods..!

-Mike

Tony 96 Cobra

Addict
Established Member
Another great video.. Added to the collection. I absolutely love that car.

Yes, it is Audioslave, Can't remember the name of the song but it is on there first CD. If you don't have it; get it. My absolute favorite CD ever. Every song is as good if not better than that one. They have a new CD out now and it is great too. Not as great, but great none the less..

fiveo'cobra

Established Member
SALEENstang96 said:
Damn, looks like your Cobra stays pretty busy!! I don't know about you guys but that road racing/auto cross seems to be a lot more fun than drag racing....!! I would like to try it but my car isn't setup for road racing actually it's at a neutral setting but...I heard you have to get stainless brake lines, a cage, and you go through tires and brakes like gasoline...is that true? If it is, I don't think I can afford to go Auto-X or road racing...! That and I need cooling mods..!

-Mike

You don't really need anything to autocross. Road racing is a different story; the reason being that you usually have a few 20 min- 1 hour long sessions and that is a real beating when you're going flat out. In an autocross, the runs are a minute long at maximum so its not really an obstacle for your forged shortblock. You have about 10 min in between runs depending on how big your group is so that gives you plenty of time to pop the hood or fan out the engine etc. There are ghetto tricks you can use to keep engine temps down if your car isn't modified for higher cooling such as brining a leaf blower and blowing out the engine bay in between runs or bringing some sort of pesticide squirter filled with water and spraying down your radiator etc. Brakes wise all you need is a good set of pads and you're set there; no big deal. As far as using up tires like they're gas, thats not entirely true. Yes in an autox you aren't exactly sunday driving but their longevity is really up to you. Just don't enter turns too fast and plow with the fronts and on exit get on it easy as to not oversteer and spin them until you have a better feel for corner exit speed. I started autoxing with my cobra a couple years ago and one of my fellow mustang buddies was even nice enough to let me borrow his victoracers for a day to try them out. Tires are deffinatley one of the top 5 things you need out there.

Last edited:

mbuono

On-Track Instructor
Established Member
2003CobraKB said:
You dont awesome with that video! The best i've seen in a longg time. What gears u got in taht car?? 410 or 373? I can't believe how good that was. I had to watch it twice and i think i'm guna watch it a third time! Good Job
Andrew
Gears are 355. It gets going real quick with 540 ft lbs. of torque.

SALEENstang96 said:
-Mike
Like fiveo'cobra said autox's not too hard on the car parts. Even track events aren't too bad if you are just learning. Plus once you try it your hooked!!!!

Mike

Last edited:

boostaholic

Mile High
Established Member
Damn that lil guy is bad as fu*k! What kinda spring rates are you running? Seems to nose down kinda far when you're hard on the binders, sweet ass ride :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread