93 fox vs. 97 M3

ich1baN

Established Member
Hey my buddy just recently got a 1997 M3 stock, and he wants to run me. Again my mods are below in my sig. I was just wondering what should i run from? A dig? Roll? Or both? Thanks for the help.
Dan

4.6 Rocket

Established Member
Go from a dig. Those cars do not make a lot of torque but they do have a very good power curve and are geared strong so I think you can get teh jump on him. From a roll I would give him the advantage. I think there 5th gear is as strong as your 4th.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
I don't know much about M3s, but I think you're gonna get walked. But then again, I know little about those cars.

crazycarlo

Established Member
Im going to give the advantage to the M3, buddy of mine had a BMW with an m3 motor in it. They are quick. Esp since i see u dont have gears.

ich1baN

Established Member
crazycarlo said:
Im going to give the advantage to the M3, buddy of mine had a BMW with an m3 motor in it. They are quick. Esp since i see u dont have gears.

Sorry i need to add that in, i have 327 gears.

ELESWON

Wants a Boss 302 bad!!
Established Member
E36 M3, which is the one you speak of, is geared a good bit steeper than your car, as stated they have a very strong 5th gear, so I would avoid a roll on race. I think your best bet is from a dig, but even then don't underestimate, those cars can get off the line well. Stock they run 14.0-14.3 @ ~98 mph. Good luck with the run. :burnout:

ChaseBimmer

Established Member
ELESWON said:
E36 M3, which is the one you speak of, is geared a good bit steeper than your car, as stated they have a very strong 5th gear, so I would avoid a roll on race. I think your best bet is from a dig, but even then don't underestimate, those cars can get off the line well. Stock they run 14.0-14.3 @ ~98 mph. Good luck with the run. :burnout:

With a good driver, stock, you can get them in the 13's (13.8, .9) and trap @ 101. My car suprises quite a few people, for what it is.

tankerman1981

Established Member
i'd give the advantage to the M3.. those cars aren't no joke and alll... if your going totry though go with what everyone else says and go from the dig man....

svtcontour

Established Member
Like everyone says... from the dig. Oh if you can borrow some slightly sticky rubber, like BFG or Nitto drags, it would be even better. If you can powershift your car well, then this is the time to do it. I'd take the spare tire and jack out as well as well as pull out the sub box if its removable and if you have one.

I've never raced one but when I had my 5.0 I raced a stock 1988 BMW M5 which is heavier than this M3 but also makes a few more ponies and let me tell you that it was strong and it did hook up pretty well. not sure what those cars ran but I am guessing this has to be as fast or faster than what I ran.

ich1baN

Established Member
Thanks for the help, I will let you know how the race goes, it will probably go down this weekend. And how does that svt contour run ? I hear they discontinued it. Thanks again for the help.

svtcontour

Established Member
The SVT Contour is lots of fun to drive and handles quite nice. Its not super fast though but it does make beautiful engine sounds :) I ran a 15.30 bone stock. Thats the best I could get out of it. I have some exhaust and intake mods and better rubber so I'm confident that I can hit a 15.0...

On the highway it runs better than what a normal 15 second car would run. Its geared really well.

svtcontour

Established Member
The M3 will be the faster car. I see the 98GT going down by at least 2-3 cars if both can drive. In fact, I think if the M3 launches right (presuming both cars are on radials), he'll get at least a 1/2 car to 1 car jump. They hook up real well.

ChaseBimmer

Established Member
Yea, I raced a fully bolt'on 98' GT and beat him by 3-4cl's, as well as my buddies 96 Cobra (not as bad as the GT, but hes quite modded as well). My car is not by any means stock, but no real engine work done.

It should be a good race, but I'm confident that if the driver in the M knows how to drive, you will lose :(

FBMphil

Established Member
svtcontour said:
The SVT Contour is lots of fun to drive and handles quite nice. Its not super fast though but it does make beautiful engine sounds :) I ran a 15.30 bone stock. Thats the best I could get out of it. I have some exhaust and intake mods and better rubber so I'm confident that I can hit a 15.0...

On the highway it runs better than what a normal 15 second car would run. Its geared really well.
That's ummmmm....really relevant.

svtcontour

Established Member
FBMphil said:
That's ummmmm....really relevant.

May not be relevant to you but sure is relevant to the guy who asked me about my car.... Maybe next time you should actually read some of the posts. Thanks.

Last edited:

ELESWON

Wants a Boss 302 bad!!
Established Member
ChaseBimmer said:
With a good driver, stock, you can get them in the 13's (13.8, .9) and trap @ 101. My car suprises quite a few people, for what it is.

No doubt, I was just posting what I thought would be closer to the average. But you are correct, many have gotten in the 13s and over 100 mph with E36s. I give advantage M car here.

Whatever happens, don't try and follow him through a high-speed sweeper on some back road. Those cars handle :eek:

03 mach1

Established Member
svtcontour said:
May not be relevant to you but sure is relevant to the guy who asked me about my car.... Maybe next time you should actually read some of the posts. Thanks.

lmao hahahahahhahahah

skunk50

Established Member
don't those have 333 FWHP? that's a lot for a mildly modded 5.0 i beat one but i had 310 RWHP, 3.55, drag radials and a lightened 93 notch. kind of a roll race so i didn't beat him that bad.

Users who are viewing this thread