93 Cobra's Still Turn Heads

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
hey MIKE_B_SVT

hey mike_b_svt ,Sorry to hear about your car ,but , i just bought a black 93 cobra from the insurance auction that was a theft recovery it is missing wheels, rear spoiler,front seats, and the intake was swapped for a gt intake . i got from the auction in hayward california wich isnt far from San Francisco it has about 17,000 miles the rest of the body looks great . Just wondering if that was yours ? email me if it was .i am having a auto transport company deliver it to texas sometime next week.
04384662_1X.jpg

04384662_2X.jpg

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
cobr96,

I saw that 93 cobra on Copart. It has 117k miles and they only paid off like $5000 on it. I bet by the time the car makes it to Texas it is going to need a front bumper cover, as that one will get torn up with no front wheels.

Where in Texas are you from???

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
Hey Daryl, I live in college station i see you over at CTSP,you would know me if you saw me. I sent them two tires/wheels to put on the front so that it will roll and not tear up the front bumper , at least i hope not and the acv was like 5500, thats the value of it now?. I think i have everything to fix it with except the front leather , do you have any seats for it? this one will make the fourth 93 i have 1 red , 1 teal , 2nd black along with a few newer ones.

Last edited:

mike_b_svt

Top down and cruisin'
Established Member
hey Cobr96,

sorry I didn't answer- I don't check this forum too often, and I didn't get the "someone has responded to your post" email message. Thanks for getting in touch w/ me via ebay!

Talked to the auction yard this morning and they can't tell me who the new owner of my '93 is. So I asked them to give my contact info to the new owner. Hope they will contact me... I'd like to know that my car went to a good home, and also like to pass on the SVT cert and window sticker and such.

Need a laugh? A few months ago the cops give me a call "regarding the engine stolen from your car". So I call them back, hoping they found it and busted someone. They actually asked ME if my engine had been recovered yet!! "Gee, I thought YOU were supposed to be looking for it?!?"

So this affirms my lack of confidence in the authorities to find / recover stolen vehicles.

- anyhow, the auction yard mentioned that my car was purchased by an "R M Performance" in Southern Cal.

Does that sound familiar to anyone? I've tried internet searches but nothing comes up. The phone number I had rings to a residence, and they have no clue what I'm talking about.
Anyone is SoCal know somebody w/ a "new" Teal '93 that was / is stripped or being rebuilt?

Ok, enough for now.

Later,

Last edited:

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
they would have found it sooner if you had left a dozen donuts in the car. the donuts would probably work better than a lojack system. LOL

cobra191

Established Member
I've seen two stripped teal 93's on ebay recently, and they were for sale in socal. You might be able to do a search for completed items and see what comes up.

mike_b_svt

Top down and cruisin'
Established Member
Originally posted by cobra191
I've seen two stripped teal 93's on ebay recently, and they were for sale in socal. You might be able to do a search for completed items and see what comes up.

Thanks for the heads-up, I'll check it out...

cobra191

Established Member
Now that I think about it, it was the same person selling both of the rolling chassis. Those auctions may have ended more than 30 days ago so they may not show up on a search.

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
;-) the guy selling those teal bodies was in in Las Angelos on ebay he goes by the name c.i.performance i think.. do a search of items selling (all) for that user name

Blk 93 Snake

Established Member
I just got my 93 and it turns heads. Ive had people slow down and get next to me giving me a thumbs up. I love this car, no way id ever give it up.

mike_b_svt

Top down and cruisin'
Established Member
Originally posted by QuickStangs
I live in S.O. Calif, I'll will make some phone calls let you know if I find anything.

Thanks fellahs,

I appreciate it!

BTW- Happy New Year!

M.

Lee

Established Member
You are so right, about the 93 Cobra still being able to turn heads! Every time I take her out for a run it seems that someone pulls along side and gives me thumbs up, stops to talk about the car, or tries to drag me from the stop light. It's great that a nearly 10 year old car, on a much older platform, can get more attention than most new, and more expensive, sports cars. I also like my 94 Cobra, but it doesn't get near the attention of the 93. The 94 is much more stealthy.

Users who are viewing this thread