90mm Throttle Body vs. Stock TB w/ Vortech V3

Deerslayer

Established Member
Current setup is in my signature. Ordered the Vortech V3 satin black from TBR and wonder if I should install the stock TB back on when we install the Vortech or stick with the 90mm TB. Anyone here running the 90mm with the centri? Our goal with the car is to run it on the stock internals for this setup. Looking to be just over 600rwhp. The car is not used at the strip, but will occasionally autocross or road track.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
If you already have it, you can run it. But I don't think you'll see any gains. The stock throttle body has been shown to be good for 8's and even 7 second et's. Your forcing the air through, and limited by the intake inlet.

If you can pick some bucks out of it, it would be good for some other supporting mods

Deerslayer

Established Member
Thanks Terry. Question now, if I switch to the stock TB, Do I need to get a revision on the base Lund tune that was sent to me already?
Thanks,
Breck

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
no, you'll be fine,

we'll be adjusting the tune as we go, just make note with the first set of logs that your on the stock tb now

ajpturbo

Established Member
Are you sure the DBW tables and scalars don't need to be modified to make the new throttle body behave properly?

PC03GT

Established Member
I would just run the stock tb. Curious to see what you put down, I'd say at least 600

Deerslayer

Established Member
WooooooHooooo.........
It's all here. Can't wait to start whining

Vortech V3 Satin Black 3.60 pulley
Vortech FloMax BAP
Injector Dynamics ID1000 injectors
Brisk Racing Plugs (one step cooler)
JLT competition Intake
Vortech MaxFlow Race BOV
Aluminum Coolant Tank
T-Bolt SS Clamps