90 Year Old Medal Of Honor Recipient Wins Battle To Keep Flagpole In Yard

Slow04Cobra

ROLL TIDE
Established Member
So he moved into a community and agreed to the rules. He then decided he need to be somehow above the rules that he agreed to and broke them. If he didn't want to abide by his contractual obligations, he shouldn't have moved in to the community.

I know that on this board it is blasphemous to question any veteran, but you all realize that contracts is one of the founding principles of this republic? With that being said, didn't he piss on what he fought for?

f_rice

EFF GM AND CHRYSLER!!!!
Established Member
So he moved into a community and agreed to the rules. He then decided he need to be somehow above the rules that he agreed to and broke them. If he didn't want to abide by his contractual obligations, he shouldn't have moved in to the community.

I know that on this board it is blasphemous to question any veteran, but you all realize that contracts is one of the founding principles of this republic? With that being said, didn't he piss on what he fought for?

Ah yes the future of America. Your posts are just jam packed with the most stereotypical, cliche, tired ass college student views. Maaaaaaaan.

If you cannot respect one of the finest Americans in history, what do you respect? What do you hold sacred?

95PGTTech

Established Member

Typical over-exaggeration. He didn't decide to be "above" "all the rules." He decided to not follow (most likely not knowing it existed) one rule.

Keep smoking pot and listening word for word to your hippie dreadlocked professors. You all feel very smart in the classroom, the rest of the world sees how retarded you are.

ous2418

Established Member
Typical over-exaggeration. He didn't decide to be "above" "all the rules." He decided to not follow (most likely not knowing it existed) one rule.

Keep smoking pot and listening word for word to your hippie dreadlocked professors. You all feel very smart in the classroom, the rest of the world sees how retarded you are.

werd!!! the guys a hero let him be:bowdown:

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member

straight sig material right there lol :beer:

FordMustangLove

Lame-o
Established Member

lol quoting it on facebook!

Slow04Cobra

ROLL TIDE
Established Member
Ah yes the future of America. Your posts are just jam packed with the most stereotypical, cliche, tired ass college student views. Maaaaaaaan.

If you cannot respect one of the finest Americans in history, what do you respect? What do you hold sacred?

You are truly an ignorant person. This is the second time you have quoted one of my posts trying to degrade me as a college student. The funny thing is you have no idea if I'm a college student or not.

You and the quack above you failed to address my post. You both fail to look at the objective data available, and you pass your judgments based only in emotion. Again, ironic, in that the "hippie" here is the only one making a decision founded in logic and objectivity.

The fact is that if they had went through with their legal action, they would have won. You know it whether you admit it or not.

I will again point to the fact that contracts are a founding principle. One of the major shortcomings of the Articles of Confederation was that state legislatures exempted people they liked from being bound by them(sound familiar.) I suppose you two would have blasted James Madison, George Washington, and Benjamin Franklin as stupid college students.

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
You are truly an ignorant person. This is the second time you have quoted one of my posts trying to degrade me as a college student. The funny thing is you have no idea if I'm a college student or not.

You and the quack above you failed to address my post. You both fail to look at the objective data available, and you pass your judgments based only in emotion. Again, ironic, in that the "hippie" here is the only one making a decision founded in logic and objectivity.

The fact is that if they had went through with their legal action, they would have won. You know it whether you admit it or not.

I will again point to the fact that contracts are a founding principle. One of the major shortcomings of the Articles of Confederation was that state legislatures exempted people they liked from being bound by them(sound familiar.) I suppose you two would have blasted James Madison, George Washington, and Benjamin Franklin as stupid college students.

It's really not hard to grasp. There should be NO limitation placed on someone when it comes to displaying the American Flag, especially someone who has fought, cried, and bled for it. Most HOA laws are put inplace to keep the homeowner's neighbors from bitching about an eye sore. I'm sorry but I do not consider a 10ft flag pole displaying the American Flag an eye sore.

I would almost guarentee that if it was some Mexican flying the Mexican flag, the HOA wouldn't have even uttered words of having him remove it. Dumbass laws that restrict people's right to display pride in their Country are slowly ruining this nation. It's fine for everyone else to "embrace their heritage" except for Americans.

What's next? "Hey that soldier that was killed in Iraq got what's coming to him, he signed a contract knowing it could happen." :bored:

*EDIT* Since you bring up the ideas of founding principles this country was built on; which do you suppose came first: National Pride or Contractual agreements on the definition of "eye sores?" This country was built soley on the principle of putting the nation first, being able to give in order to prosper. The SAT Word of the day back then was SACRIFICE, something that very few people in this country can relate to.

Last edited:

cobra-boss

Established Member
Did he brake the rules in putting up a flag pole...yes. HOA should fine him $100 for braking the rules and letting him know they are "seious", then just drop it. This hero has EARNED the right to fly the american flag any where any time he wants.

Jim

Seraphus

I R ANDROID LEG!
Established Member
It's really not hard to grasp. There should be NO limitation placed on someone when it comes to displaying the American Flag, especially someone who has fought, cried, and bled for it. Most HOA laws are put inplace to keep the homeowner's neighbors from bitching about an eye sore. I'm sorry but I do not consider a 10ft flag pole displaying the American Flag an eye sore.

I would almost guarentee that if it was some Mexican flying the Mexican flag, the HOA wouldn't have even uttered words of having him remove it. Dumbass laws that restrict people's right to display pride in their Country are slowly ruining this nation. It's fine for everyone else to "embrace their heritage" except for Americans.

What's next? "Hey that soldier that was killed in Iraq got what's coming to him, he signed a contract knowing it could happen." :bored:

*EDIT* Since you bring up the ideas of founding principles this country was built on; which do you suppose came first: National Pride or Contractual agreements on the definition of "eye sores?" This country was built soley on the principle of putting the nation first, being able to give in order to prosper. The SAT Word of the day back then was SACRIFICE, something that very few people in this country can relate to.

+65,000

This post is full of win! It's pretty much everything i would've said. You deserve a cold one for that my friend. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread