9.50s on the stock clutch. Congrats Bruce video inside

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP member @spruce doing work at a local track rental at Milan.
For those that doubt the stock clutch or the benefit of gears, smart mods, good tuning on E85, and a helluva driver.
Nice job again buddy, check out the YouTube vid:
-J

SteveWK

Established Member
Great job. I was surprised to see the stock blower on the car. You mentioned stock from blower to oil pan. I'm assuming that means stock connecting rods too right?

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Stock as a rock (Not after this winter tho).
Really shows the potential of the stock motor/trans/clutch/blower with the right mods done the right way.
-J

svt662

Established Member
SVTP member @spruce doing work at a local track rental at Milan.
For those that doubt the stock clutch or the benefit of gears, smart mods, good tuning on E85, and a helluva driver.
Nice job again buddy, check out the YouTube vid:
-J
That’s one Hell of a pass with pretty much basic mods. Done Right!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wow, that is a solid run, Bruce. Nice work on some rather basic/smart mods and E-85 to run a 9.58 @ 143.40. Nice shifting, too! Gotta love the '13/'14 GT-500!
upload_2020-10-15_5-35-8.png

fearthesnake

Established Member
Stock as a rock (Not after this winter tho).
Really shows the potential of the stock motor/trans/clutch/blower with the right mods done the right way.
-J
From reading alot of post on this site and other Shelby forums, you'd think the 5.8 motor is junk. People are quick to pile on it.

This is proof that with the right Mods, safe TUNE, these motors are good for 800hp and haul the mail.

Congrats OP, that is moving with that old manual shifter!

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Was that you @biminiLX backing in beside spruce? Car sounds wicked!!
Yessir, that was me coming back from tech, stock mufflers with open QTP cutouts because racecar!

You made a great point about the big misconception about the 5.8s. They as strong or stronger than most 5.4s, but when stock are closer to the edge. So when not modded smartly, less room for error and boom.
Bruce has shown the right way to do it, the awesome results of that plan, and now will smartly upgrade the weak areas by building the shortblock this winter.
As his friend and fellow crazy man running this combo (heavy, high power, street car with a MANual trans), I’m looking forward to running next to him next year!
-J

svt662

Established Member
Yessir, that was me coming back from tech, stock mufflers with open QTP cutouts because racecar!

You made a great point about the big misconception about the 5.8s. They as strong or stronger than most 5.4s, but when stock are closer to the edge. So when not modded smartly, less room for error and boom.
Bruce has shown the right way to do it, the awesome results of that plan, and now will smartly upgrade the weak areas by building the shortblock this winter.
As his friend and fellow crazy man running this combo (heavy, high power, street car with a MANual trans), I’m looking forward to running next to him next year!
-J
When your car came into the frame it did sound and look amazing!

fearthesnake

Established Member

-J
Let me ask your opinion, is it a good idea to run E85 in our cars when you are making 700-750+hp instead of pump 93?
I've been back and forth on this since I'm basically in that range now

I ask this not from a HP gain but more of a safeguard to protect against a lean condition. Is it worth it in your opinion.

I'm strictly a weekend cruiser and occasional run or two and have several stations local to me selling it.

What are the Cons over time from running E85?

Thoughts from anyone?

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Let me ask your opinion, is it a good idea to run E85 in our cars when you are making 700-750+hp instead of pump 93?
I've been back and forth on this since I'm basically in that range now

I ask this not from a HP gain but more of a safeguard to protect against a lean condition. Is it worth it in your opinion.

I'm strictly a weekend cruiser and occasional run or two and have several stations local to me selling it.

What are the Cons over time from running E85?

Thoughts from anyone?
E85 is a benefit on our cars no matter what your WHP, all you need is a 21 volt BAP and ID1300s or 1050s if your tuner says it's ok. The only draw back to E85 is you have to test every fill up and I always recommend running Lucas ethanol fuel treatment every fill up, it helps keep everything lubricanted correctly. I've been running E85 for over a year now and I'll probably never go back to pump gas....and the smell is amazing.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
According to the "list" it is the quickest gt500 with a stock blower ported or not om a stock long block:)
That's what I was thinking, there's only one other 13/14 GT500 I know of that runs almost as fast as yours, and ironically it's a Grabber blue

Users who are viewing this thread