87 Grand National Shoot

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant.
Established Member
It is absolutely incredible to me when I read/hear someone call a GN "ugly". It must be a generational thing. Certainly, they weren't a stunningly beautiful car, but they commanded such respect and admiration, that to see one (for those in the know) is to be in awe! They almost "require" a certain reverence.... :)

Out of curiosity 1bad, how old are you? ....I don't mean this condescendingly, just curious....

I thought the same thing.

My friend has one that is clean low mileage with fresh paint and wheels but his wife refuses to ride/drive it! :lol:

TClark22

Established Member
What difference does it make how old I am? I think grand nationals are ugly. He might think terminators are ugly. It's all in people's taste. Yea it's a bad car. I would rather have a car way slower and look better. My preference

don't feel bad...your not alone. I semi respect them because they can be fast as hell. but yes they were smacked with the ugly stick numerous times.

But in the 80s most cars were really boxy and ugly as sin

And i am 23 so you don't hassle me for my age

89 az ssp

F-16 Crew Chief
Established Member
Thanks! This is his race car. His street car is 800HP running low 9's.
I believe he said this is a 88mm Turbo.

DSC_3696.jpg

DSC_3705.jpg

DSC_3721.jpg

DSC_3735.jpg

DSC_3741.jpg

Rick88LX

Established Member
Every time there is a thread with pics black rims I think...yeah, GNXs had 'em in '87 from the factory...you're quite an innovator.

Always loved the T-types and GNXs. Thanks for sharing the pics.

xtremeskime21

Established Member
I'm 31 and I can see where people are coming from calling them ugly. I don't personally think they are, I respect and like them a lot. I actually got beaten in my first mustang by one. It was awesome, winding up and letting loose. Since that day I have respected and like them (I had no idea what it was and I was 17).

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant.
Established Member
I bet he knows a guy named Jason White that races GN.

jleews6

Established Member
That car is beautiful. Every time I see one it makes me miss the ones that I have owned and I cant see why someone would call them ugly because I think they are great looking cars.
One thing I will say about a GN is that when you pull up next to another car you get respect and most GNs are not as fast as people think but they have a reputation.

rdsnk46

Established Member
Awesome car! Full tubbs in the rear? How fast is it as my buddy just took the S/O at the Buick T-type/GN shoot out.

Novi357

It's stock...
Established Member
I love GN's and that car is bad ass. Personally, I don't like those particular rims and to me the tires are set too far in.

Definitely my personal opinion though.

dads01dream

Established Member
I always liked the "look" of GN's and T-types, remember the great days of Mustangs vs. GN's @ Englishtown :bowdown:..... But, man the interiors were truly 80's trash IMHO. :xpl:

nordy racer

Established Member
the people that like they are ugly uselly are the ones that LOST a race to one lol.. my old GN did 9'40's at close to 150mph.. most of the people i raced hated GN's after i smoked them in the 1/4 mile :)..

it's amazing that my stock block V6 made over 800 to the wheels on a 76gtq turbo on C16. this GN must have a 4 bolt main Stage 2 block. thats the only way to make those types of numbers..

Users who are viewing this thread