8.87@157 nice pass!

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice job to my buddy Bruce!
Second pass on new setup including a G-force built Magnum and a Black Magic slipper clutch and RPG 5.8 with a Gen 3 VMP.
It’s out of blower but might have some 8.50s in fall.
8 second stick Shelby was the goal and nailed it pass 2!
-J
77E14FCC-A236-4056-A771-E2F9BFD50582.jpeg
55F00FB3-16B5-4209-BAE6-D8ADE052280F.jpeg
9118E8B7-08A4-4676-9E60-9A38FCF50BB9.jpeg
C3363B1F-CEEF-4484-B711-4D2139CD7C30.jpeg
4CD21708-97C9-40DB-A799-3C798D9FFC1A.jpeg
A64DF46B-C847-46EE-AB7B-5145B12FD5C4.jpeg
9836AB5B-3EB5-42BC-9808-8728056BDD6D.jpeg

q6543

Established Member
That’s awesome… I was out there with some friends yesterday too, he had the silver gt500 on beadlocks.
Saw the Mach 1 looking clean!

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
That’s awesome… I was out there with some friends yesterday too, he had the silver gt500 on beadlocks.
Saw the Mach 1 looking clean!
Haha thanks man it went up there Friday night and yesterday so that’s daily driver clean there.
Talked to silver GT500 guy cool ass dude has something like 20k miles on it!
Just nice to be at track again. If Mach had its first oil change I would’ve ran yesterday as a baseline but it’ll be quicker on stock 19s/Cup 2s I’d assume.
-J

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Definitely impressive as hell, that Gen3 TVS is putting in work. Is he running a 2.4 upper and 10% lower?

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Definitely impressive as hell, that Gen3 TVS is putting in work. Is he running a 2.4 upper and 10% lower?
Yessir.
It’s a track pack car that’s been on a diet so I don’t think it has the extra coolers anymore but yes definitely 10% lower and I’m 99% sure it’s a 2.4 VMP griptech but if I’m wrong it’s a 2.5.
RPG motor is sleeved ported cammed.
-J

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Yessir.
It’s a track pack car that’s been on a diet so I don’t think it has the extra coolers anymore but yes definitely 10% lower and I’m 99% sure it’s a 2.4 VMP griptech but if I’m wrong it’s a 2.5.
RPG motor is sleeved ported cammed.
-J
I kinda wish I had sleeved my 5.8. But I suppose I can always do it in the future, it looks like he has the same fuel system as me, maybe i missed it, is he on pump E85 or race gas? Either way, his GT500 is badass.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I kinda wish I had sleeved my 5.8. But I suppose I can always do it in the future, it looks like he has the same fuel system as me, maybe i missed it, is he on pump E85 or race gas? Either way, his GT500 is badass.
Faceplated G-force T56 with WOT Box and Fore triple system running Ethanol One R.
It’s a bad dude and glad I could help.
I think it had a high 8.60 pass in it Saturday but he wanted to adjust the clutch and rear suspension neither of which were on the agenda Saturday.
Hopefully I’ll update with better times later this season.
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Should be going back Wednesday for test and tune after clutch and suspension adjustments. Hopefully we both run in NMRA Norwalk event next month.
I’ll have to spray to try to keep up but it’s a different build than my goals.
I’m impressed with the slipper clutch so far.
-J

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Should be going back Wednesday for test and tune after clutch and suspension adjustments. Hopefully we both run in NMRA Norwalk event next month.
I’ll have to spray to try to keep up but it’s a different build than my goals.
I’m impressed with the slipper clutch so far.
-J
I'm excited to see your GT500 out there running, what's been your fastest pass?

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm excited to see your GT500 out there running, what's been your fastest pass?
Still that 9.55@154 but that was over 100rwhp ago. I’ve been fighting TB, factory tuning, bypass valve and most importantly belt alignment issues since that track outing.
To be honest I got my goals with the car and it’d be cool to go sub 9.50 but at this point I’m still not willing to cage it so I’ve addressed all those issues.
Interestingly I had always suspected the AC compressor as the alignment issue and after laser alignment of the belt it was clearly the AC. But we had assumed the dowel pins were not reinstalled, so that was the cause, but it turned out to be the dowel pins were crushed. I bought a new compressor and dowels and once removed the OEM dowels were there but crushed from years of speed shifting at 1000+hp and my friend made some custom dowels and on testing it made 3–4 great street hits but an idler locked up on the last run. It’s getting all new pulleys, new belts and a gear rebuild (whine) these next 2weeks to test at NMRA Norwalk.
I talked to Bruce yesterday and I’ll help him Wednesday then we’ll do NMRA then Street Car takeover depending on weather.
Indiana 1/2 mile in July/August might happen too. I’ll definitely call you before I try a 1/2 mile event :)
-J

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Still that 9.55@154 but that was over 100rwhp ago. I’ve been fighting TB, factory tuning, bypass valve and most importantly belt alignment issues since that track outing.
To be honest I got my goals with the car and it’d be cool to go sub 9.50 but at this point I’m still not willing to cage it so I’ve addressed all those issues.
Interestingly I had always suspected the AC compressor as the alignment issue and after laser alignment of the belt it was clearly the AC. But we had assumed the dowel pins were not reinstalled, so that was the cause, but it turned out to be the dowel pins were crushed. I bought a new compressor and dowels and once removed the OEM dowels were there but crushed from years of speed shifting at 1000+hp and my friend made some custom dowels and on testing it made 3–4 great street hits but an idler locked up on the last run. It’s getting all new pulleys, new belts and a gear rebuild (whine) these next 2weeks to test at NMRA Norwalk.
I talked to Bruce yesterday and I’ll help him Wednesday then we’ll do NMRA then Street Car takeover depending on weather.
Indiana 1/2 mile in July/August might happen too. I’ll definitely call you before I try a 1/2 mile event :)
-J
I feel lucky my setup has been solid for the most part, I didn't realize you had some issues, but you've definitely pushed your setup harder than I've pushed mine. And yes definitely do the 1/2 mile. I can't to wait for the next one in October.

Santiago

Established Member
Very nice i love stick shift my respect to you I can definitely say I can’t afford to play with stick shift cars so I settle for a fast auto car lol

Users who are viewing this thread