7k-Mile 2002 Lincoln Blackwood on BaT

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
@SID297 Do I win a cookie for my call out ;)

Cookie Monster GIF

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
The way I look at it, if that's what you want where are you going to find another one like it?

It's worth what someone is willing to pay for it for sure. I follow a lot BAT auctions , mostly P-cars and they usually sell for 20% higher than you can buy them CPO at a Porsche dealer. BAT definitely brings the money. I would highly recommend selling a vehicle on there, buying one, not so much.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Terrible truck. For the price buy the Harley Davidson truck and enjoy that sweet supercharged V8.
Was pretty sick for its time. Definitely love the supercharged Harley truck. But everyone forgets the 5.4 32v was a stout motor.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The way I look at it, if that's what you want where are you going to find another one like it?
I agree, Sid. If it was a Lightning, there would have been no negative comments regarding the price paid. It was a rarely seen truck (with only 7K miles on it). IMO the buyer paid fair money for it in today's market. BAT sales are reflective of that market.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Was pretty sick for its time. Definitely love the supercharged Harley truck. But everyone forgets the 5.4 32v was a stout motor.
It made 300hp out of a DOHC 5.4L aluminum V8. Not exactly shocking in the Navigator. Once they threw on different heads, cams and intake it became a beast.

Also, F-that stupid Navigator intake manifold.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
It made 300hp out of a DOHC 5.4L aluminum V8. Not exactly shocking in the Navigator. Once they threw on different heads, cams and intake it became a beast.

Considering back then not many trucks were making 300hp. I say it was impressive.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator

That beast had an iron block and an intake that looked like a drunk squid.

1zs4lu7szox41.jpg

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Considering back then not many trucks were making 300hp. I say it was impressive.
Chevy was 285 for the 5.3L and 300 for the 6.2L. Dodge carried the rear with 220 for the 5.2L and 245 for the 5.9L. Not too far from the Lincoln at a significant discount(Blackwood was north of $52000 at the time).

The 5.4 SOHC S/C was a better option and nearly $15k cheaper in a Harley truck than the Blackwood.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
That beast had an iron block and an intake that looked like a drunk squid.

1zs4lu7szox41.jpg
I forgot the Intech V8's were all iron. Only the 4.6L got the aluminum blocks.

And that intake manifold led to sooooooo many skinned knuckles and swear words. Absolutely terrible to work on, in, around.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Chevy was 285 for the 5.3L and 300 for the 6.2L. Dodge carried the rear with 220 for the 5.2L and 245 for the 5.9L. Not too far from the Lincoln at a significant discount(Blackwood was north of $52000 at the time).

The 5.4 SOHC S/C was a better option and nearly $15k cheaper in a Harley truck than the Blackwood.
Chevy had the 6.0L back then which actually was the most reliable motor they made. Too bad the trans was junk. The 6.0 was also in limited trucks similar to the 5.4 32v.

The 5.4 SOHC was a reliable motor

Users who are viewing this thread