75% Of Parents Helping Their Adult Children Pay Bills

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Is the 30 year old fox body included in the 5 cars? along with the 20 year old cobra? Come on man.....hahahha

Lol

SVTP never disappoints. I didn’t go through the whole thread but I’m gonna guess its going something like this. Blah blah blah, i had 6 jobs at 8 years old, blah blah blah, i bought a house at 10 while putting myself through college because mom and dad kicked me out, blah blah blah, i make 10 mil a year, blah blah blah, i have a 50 foot dick.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Modern society has lost sight of what they actually need to live. When I was in my 20's I needed food, gas, and a roof over my head. The thought of having a $100 phone bill with a $1,000 phone was absurd. Cable TV and internet was a luxury. Computers, laptops, game systems, etc were all luxuries. Big TV's, new cars, nice houses.....all of these things were luxuries. These days people view all of that stuff as a necessity. Society is simply living beyond their means at the moment.

I agree overall. I'm not saying I don't do some of the above, but in terms of financial well being, I'm doing ok.

08mojo

Established Member
The last time I asked my parents for help they said I was my wife's problem now.

In my early 20s, I asked my parents to cosign for a car loan. It was the first loan I had ever taken--everything prior had been paid for in cash. As a result of my non-existent credit history, the bank was sticking it to me on the interest rate. If I could get my parents to cosign, it would have cut the interest rate in half. Mind you, I had never asked my parents for something like this and I had been financially independent from them for year. To this day, I can still remember them laughing as they hung up the phone....

Coiled03

Established Member
I agree overall. I'm not saying I don't do some of the above, but in terms of financial well being, I'm doing ok.

Everybody does some of the above. You have to find the line between enjoying life, yet not spending what you can't afford. It goes back to one of my favorite sayings: All things in moderation.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
At first glance I read this as TP and I agreed one can never have to much toilet paper.
I cost shop just about everything, but I don't skimp on TP. Inadvertently shamed some lady, as I was ranting to a friend about cost and how I don't hate myself enough to buy "prison grade" tp. She told me after, the lady behind me was grabbing it and glaring at me as I was ranting, lol.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
I do everything I can myself, some things I won't bother. Like the garage springs, my brother got a trip to the ER and stitches trying to change his years ago. I'll pay for that, lol.

Joys of home ownership.
Feel good and splurge on one area of the house to get blindsided in another area right after lol.

Yea screw messing with springs. Gladly pay a professional to **** with those things.

don't believe the hype =)

https://www.svtperformance.com/foru...rage-door-torsion-spring-replacement.1142564/

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
It didn't look hard...however $150 is cheap if things go wrong. Rather the install guy get a ride to the ER instead of myself.

You know they weigh a whole 2,300 lbs, right? Perhaps I was only a man until I sold my Z06. Darn...
Light and compact, easy to jam in to tight spaces, most owners relate to that...
Selling the Z06 got your man card suspended for now, but there's a time limit before revoked.

If you don't expect Miata jokes at this point, well I don't know what to tell you.

coposrv

Established Member
My wife and I are pretty lucky to both come from pretty well-off families. I thought it sounded crazy at first but we’re probably in the 75%. Our parents paid for pretty much all of our wedding and as our wedding gift both sets of our parents gave us 50 grand. My wife’s parents paid off all of her student loans and they’ve bought a huge family summer home to pass down to us. I don’t consider it a handout. I consider it taking care of family. I’ll probably do the same for my kids. Most of my friends have had the same “help”.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
My wife and I are pretty lucky to both come from pretty well-off families. I thought it sounded crazy at first but we’re probably in the 75%. Our parents paid for pretty much all of our wedding and as our wedding gift both sets of our parents gave us 50 grand. My wife’s parents paid off all of her student loans and they’ve bought a huge family summer home to pass down to us. I don’t consider it a handout. I consider it taking care of family. I’ll probably do the same for my kids. Most of my friends have had the same “help”.

There isn’t anything wrong with that. You and your wife both sound responsible and both your families are fortunate enough to be able to gift and give. Nothing to be ashamed of at all.

coposrv

Established Member
There isn’t anything wrong with that. You and your wife both sound responsible and both your families are fortunate enough to be able to gift and give. Nothing to be ashamed of at all.

Maybe I’m wrong but I get the feeling a some guys who have commented here make the case that financial help from parents and financially responsible children are mutually exclusive. Where I feel like they’re not at all. We wouldn’t be able to be where we are without it be we also don’t rely or expect it. I want to give my kids the same too. I don’t understand parents who wouldn’t do that. I want my future kids to have as large an advantage as possible. Wether it’s private school or paying for their university or buying them cars and a house.

ram150

USMC veteran
Established Member
2AEB664C-BA2C-4702-8998-73F60E6AEDBD.jpeg

Never_Enough

Established Member
It didn't look hard...however $150 is cheap if things go wrong. Rather the install guy get a ride to the ER instead of myself.

Light and compact, easy to jam in to tight spaces, most owners relate to that...
Selling the Z06 got your man card suspended for now, but there's a time limit before revoked.

If you don't expect Miata jokes at this point, well I don't know what to tell you.
I'm not upset, just firing back :D

dannydarko11

Yeah...no, I know
Established Member
I cost shop just about everything, but I don't skimp on TP. Inadvertently shamed some lady, as I was ranting to a friend about cost and how I don't hate myself enough to buy "prison grade" tp. She told me after, the lady behind me was grabbing it and glaring at me as I was ranting, lol.

?width=358&version=1539271.gif

This thread lol

giphy.gif

Coiled03

Established Member
Maybe I’m wrong but I get the feeling a some guys who have commented here make the case that financial help from parents and financially responsible children are mutually exclusive. Where I feel like they’re not at all. We wouldn’t be able to be where we are without it be we also don’t rely or expect it. I want to give my kids the same too. I don’t understand parents who wouldn’t do that. I want my future kids to have as large an advantage as possible. Wether it’s private school or paying for their university or buying them cars and a house.

You wrote how I feel better than I did, thanks!

Zemedici

Established Member

No man - we’re talking about lazy individuals who rely on their parents too much, and therefore are not where they should be in life. Your situation is entirely different. You stand on your own with gifts from your parents. Nothing wrong with that.

But if you were 30 and still living at home it would be a different story. Make sense?

Users who are viewing this thread