71-year-old shoots would-be robbers at internet cafe

03cobrah

Established Member
71-year-old shoots would-be robbers at internet cafe : News : NorthwestOhio.com

When two robbers burst into a Florida internet cafe...one waving a gun, the other a bat...a 71-year-old man stepped into action.

The incident happened Friday in Marion County, Florida at the Palms Internet Cafe...and the entire incident was caught on surveillance cameras.

You can see the video here. Customer At Internet Cafe Shoots 2 Robbers - YouTube

Two masked men, later identified as Duwayne Henderson and Davis Dawkins, both 19, entered the cafe and started to round up patrons.

Dawkins is seen swinging a bat at something off screen, which was later identified as a $1,200 computer screen.

Samuel Williams is being hailed as a hero this week after he sprung into action and not only broke up the robbery...but possibly saved other customers from harm as well.

As explained by Ocala.com, "As Henderson turns his back, Williams pulls out a .380-caliber semi-automatic handgun, stands from his chair, takes two steps, nearly drops to one knee, and fires two shots at Henderson, who bolts for the front door."

"Williams takes several more steps toward the door and continues firing as Henderson and Dawkins fall over one another trying to exit the building. The two eventually run off screen."

Both of the crooks suffered non-life threatening gunshot wounds and were later captured. And according to police, Williams — a licensed concealed carry gun owner — won’t face any repercussions.

Henderson remained in the Marion County Jail late Monday in lieu of a $31,000 bond. Dawkins was released Sunday after posting an $11,000 bond.

wieduwilt

"30 clips in a mag"
Established Member
Hell yeah!!! empty that clip. That is how you deter future armed robbers.

This. **** two in the chest one in the head, every round in my clip/magazine is coming at you.

Good to get two more Darwin award winners smoke checked.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
This video has me looking for something with a bigger round than .380 to carry.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Regardless of caliber, its all about shot placement. In this case, the 380 did enough to save lives. Hard to argue with that.

And what if the robber decided to return fire instead of run? I'm glad the old man scared them off but that could've turned out bad for him and the rest of the people there. I'll carry something more lethal.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
And what if the robber decided to return fire instead of run? I'm glad the old man scared them off but that could've turned out bad for him and the rest of the people there. I'll carry something more lethal.

I agree and have heard that shot placement argument all the time. That is fine and dandy when you are driving tacks at the range...Harder to execute in life and death situation. Hell a larger caliber/frame would be easier to handle than a little .380 ultra compact..

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Armed robbery and one of the perps gets out with just an $11k bond? Guess he isn't considered a threat, even with a baseball bat. :shrug:

Good for the guy with the .380-caliber gun. Those low-lifes will hopefully think twice before attempting another armed robbery......not likely. :nonono:

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
Relax. I never said it was optimal. Any gun is better than no gun and today he had a 380. It worked and saved lives. No reason to "what if" the scenario to death because we know how it turned out. Carry whatever you shoot well and feel comfortable with. I don't care if you want to carry a 22lr or a 50ae. However, if you are practising 'driving tacks' with your EDC gun then you are doing it wrong. A bigger gun does not give you firearm control or shot placement regardless of the scenario. Practice does. So practice. And practice with the gun you will carry. Lots of guys buy the bigger frame or caliber because they deem a 32 or a 380 or even a 9mm to be inadequate. Then they carry that big iron for a while and realize its uncomfortable and awkward to conceal a large frame. Then they go back to a smaller pistol. Point is the gun or caliber is of limited importance. As long as it is utterly reliable, you are fully comfortable with its operation, and you actually carry it you are better off than 99.9% of society.

Users who are viewing this thread