68 Fastback Restomod project thread

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
Thanks man, I can't wait for it to all come together now..

We are at similar points of our build too. I am getting ready to fire and button it up soon.

here is a pic of my gauges that came in today.

40467394452_fbc8248c68_z.jpg
Untitled by |SK Photography|, on Flickr

*TK*

COBRO
Established Member
Very nice! I wasn't aware that that offered black bezels. Looks sharp, we definitely have very similar tastes. I almost went with the 10k tach just for the simple fact that my motor will spin to 6,250 but I decided against it would be a large waste of space. Unfortunately they don't offer one between 6k-10k. The 6k looks killer and that needle will full swing. So I can max it out then know to let off.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
Very nice! I wasn't aware that that offered black bezels. Looks sharp, we definitely have very similar tastes. I almost went with the 10k tach just for the simple fact that my motor will spin to 6,250 but I decided against it would be a large waste of space. Unfortunately they don't offer one between 6k-10k. The 6k looks killer and that needle will full swing. So I can max it out then know to let off.

Yeah I never noticed it till I started adding things to my cart to get a ballpark cost and saw it was an option.

Also I have to laugh as I thought to myself I wish they made an 8k tach. My car will see 7k spins so I kinda had to do a 10k tach.

I’m going through Florida 5.0 for my bezel and they have a light installed for a shift light so I hope I don’t have to look down much.

Can’t wait to feel this prestige power plant! I basically told him I want over 525hp and I don’t want my torque curve to fall off and it has to be a 8.2 deck engine. He delivered.

*TK*

COBRO
Established Member
Yeah I never noticed it till I started adding things to my cart to get a ballpark cost and saw it was an option.

Also I have to laugh as I thought to myself I wish they made an 8k tach. My car will see 7k spins so I kinda had to do a 10k tach.

I’m going through Florida 5.0 for my bezel and they have a light installed for a shift light so I hope I don’t have to look down much.

Can’t wait to feel this prestige power plant! I basically told him I want over 525hp and I don’t want my torque curve to fall off and it has to be a 8.2 deck engine. He delivered.

Lol we have identical stories. I'd like to also do a shift light hidden in the dash. With my motor stroked 76 inches over the rev count won't be as high. That won't matter though as its putting down big numbers for a NA motor and the torque curve is just as flat. I'm itching to finally get in it.

Im having the stock/aftermarket Scott Drake instrument bezel retrofitted with the gauges. It should look killer when done.

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
Tach is missing a few thousand RPM? I am loving this build!

*TK*

COBRO
Established Member
*TK* any updates here bud.... I have been patiently waiting!!!

Some more progress. The tank is in and the lines are ran. The gauges are almost done, there will be a hidden shift light in the dash, it will glow behind the small Mustang in the center of the dash that stock is used for high beams being actioned.

Tach is missing a few thousand RPM? I am loving this build!

Hahaha, the motor spins to 6,250. You give up RPM's when stroking any motor. Don't worry, 624 HP isn't a bad trade off for a for less RPM's out of a 351 block.. They have two options for the diameter gauge I needed for the dash, 6k or 10k. With the 10k tach I would use just half of the entire gauge, with the 6k I'll get a full swing and then calibrate the shift light to come on at 6,200. That way I know I can full swing the needle and then wait for the light to know when to shift. It will be pretty instantaneous, as soon as the needle hits 6k it's just about time.

Pics or ban!!

Retrofitting LED sequential tail lights. The original factory buckets and lenses were in rough shape, so I replaced the lot, gaskets and all. It will look completely factory until the lights come on, a lot brighter and 8 different patterns/sequences to choose from. I also ordered Scott Drake chrome replacement light bezels for the exterior since the old ones were pitting and looked like shit.

Stock (worn out tail lights) vs New Lenses, buckets and gaskets.
IMG_8744.JPG

IMG_8747.JPG

IMG_8750.JPG

IMG_8841.JPG

Last edited:

*TK*

COBRO
Established Member
It's been a while since I've updated this thread, I’m military and our Optempo has been pretty intense. I haven’t been able to get a lot done in the last 8 months. However we’ve made a lot of progress in the last few weeks. So stay tuned for the first start up video of the 427 Stoker.

Last edited:

ViperRed91GT

Lightning Guru
Established Member
Hahaha, the motor spins to 6,250. You give up RPM's when stroking any motor. Don't worry, 624 HP isn't a bad trade off for a for less RPM's out of a 351 block.. They have two options for the diameter gauge I needed for the dash, 6k or 10k. With the 10k tach I would use just half of the entire gauge, with the 6k I'll get a full swing and then calibrate the shift light to come on at 6,200. That way I know I can full swing the needle and then wait for the light to know when to shift. It will be pretty instantaneous, as soon as the needle hits 6k it's just about time

Rev limit has almost nothing to do with it a stroker motor. That is a factor of your build (compression/heads/cam/etc). If the right parts are in the rotating assembly and the valve train, and more importantly, it’s still making power, then it doesn’t care that it’s a stroker. 7500-8000 is common place in many big inch Windsor strokers.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Rev limit has almost nothing to do with it a stroker motor. That is a factor of your build (compression/heads/cam/etc). If the right parts are in the rotating assembly and the valve train, and more importantly, it’s still making power, then it doesn’t care that it’s a stroker. 7500-8000 is common place in many big inch Windsor strokers.

Spinning any SBF to 7500-8k is like a cat with 9 lives.

Eventually you run out of lives.

MG0h3

Established Member
I dont believe this is true. With strike you are pulling the piston down further into or actually out if the bore. Plus you have more angle at the bottom of the stroke.

The builders I've dealt with end up with a lower max rpm on heavier stroked engine.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread