68 Fastback Restomod project thread

*TK*

COBRO
Established Member
TK, when do you think the car will be on the road? My engine will be making similar power as yours. If the ridetech works well for you, I might go that way.

The car should be on the road in Jan/Feb if everything goes smoothly. I will keep this thread up to date and give you a full review on the suspension setup when that time comes. When do you expect to be modifying your car?

Lawdy, Lawdy, how did I miss this thread?!

Absolutely stunning in every way!

Apologies if I missed it, but what wheel/tire combo are you going with?

Right now I'm leaning towards Forgeline VX3C's. As I write this I'm in the process of looking at tires for the car. I was planning on 18's on all 4 corners. In the front, 8 inches wide on 245/35/18's. As for the back... it's still up in the air, obviously I want to go as wide as possible. We'll be using a wheel fitment tool to get exact measurements before I have the wheels cut. To play it safe I would go 9" wide 275/40/18's.

However, I don't want to play it safe as I'd like to fit 9.5-10" wide rims and run 295/35-40/18's. We'll see what happens.

Last edited:

*TK*

COBRO
Established Member
So cool. I actually helped design and develop the originals back in 2007, oversaw its rebranding and buildup through Eight Stack before Borla bought it in 2014. Loving that they're still kicking ass.

Wow that's great. These induction seems to be dialed in perfectly now. They're capable of some big HP numbers.

Last edited:

toby1234

Established Member
Well I’m ready to make a purchase as soon as I make a decision. No rush as I have other things to work on though. I will follow your progress here. Good luck

RSbeast

Established Member
Wow that's great. These induction seems to be dialed in perfectly now. They're capable of some big HP numbers.
They move so much air. The hardest hurdles of early systems were having enough vaccuum signal/storage to work with the speed density setup; along with the early ECUs. Things have come a LONG way in that department in the past 10yrs. I'm guessing you can get much more aggressive on camshafts now as overlap used to be a pain.

*TK*

COBRO
Established Member
They move so much air. The hardest hurdles of early systems were having enough vaccuum signal/storage to work with the speed density setup; along with the early ECUs. Things have come a LONG way in that department in the past 10yrs. I'm guessing you can get much more aggressive on camshafts now as overlap used to be a pain.

That seems to have been their biggest issue in the past. After talking with the builder, we determined that we would attempt to port the intake in order to match the larger 220 heads. If that didn't wake it up as much as we liked we were going to go with a more aggressive cam shaft. However, porting the intake alone gave us the desired results so I didn't take it to the next level since I want it to be streetable cruiser, not race car.

You're correct, with advancements in ECU's these setup's can now handle very aggressive cam shafts with minimal overlap. Another small block Windsor with the same setup as mine, with a more aggressive cam and higher compression should easily make over 700hp (in theory, still hasn't been done.) However, there is a guy from Australia that has since contacted Prestige in order to build this for his race car. I'll update this thread when those results are in.

Last edited:

RSbeast

Established Member
We did some very high HP builds in the past with them. I'm not sure what those bodies flow, but the 'classic' looking 48IDAs were moving something like 1300cfm iirc. It's been years but they are nasty. All started with myself, two engineers and a boss.

*TK*

COBRO
Established Member
We did some very high HP builds in the past with them. I'm not sure what those bodies flow, but the 'classic' looking 48IDAs were moving something like 1300cfm iirc. It's been years but they are nasty. All started with myself, two engineers and a boss.

Wow it's a small world.. Well you definitely helped to develop one of the most innovative and reliable stack injection systems on the market. With time and technological advancement they're only going to get even better.

Are you saying that you were originally involved in the company that became 8 Stack? Or did your company sell it to 8 Stack who in turned sold it to Borla? I'm interested to know the history. I've wanted to build this motor for the last several years and I originally was going to purchase directly from 8 Stack.

RSbeast

Established Member
Wow it's a small world.. Well you definitely helped to develop one of the most innovative and reliable stack injection systems on the market. With time and technological advancement they're only going to get even better.

Are you saying that you were originally involved in the company that became 8 Stack? Or did your company sell it to 8 Stack who in turned sold it to Borla? I'm interested to know the history. I've wanted to build this motor for the last several years and I originally was going to purchase directly from 8 Stack.

You can check out the full story with both companies on my website under my portfolio section at www.gofetchdesign.com. Look under Dynaformance, then 8 Stack.

I think when we had first released it was under Dynatek Racing, Classic Fuel Injection. The Dynatek stuff is on there too, but we changed names and direction @2007ish.

*TK*

COBRO
Established Member
The dash pad, backseat and foam arrived this week.

732eea481e5887a9a6a23e262a043267.jpg

94569ec39a279d7455ba773a01a3f832.jpg

333af9d29bd1d4bf2d3b3206e95ebdc4.jpg

f43e5e2706fc6ab335ef8ed107648682.jpg

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
Loving this build man.

When skimming the pics before reading I knew that was Prestige Motorsports!! I had them build my Dart 363. I went with the 363 in my fox for the same reasons you didn't put a yote in yours too.

Looking good, subscribing! If you're bored check out my build, link is in my sig.

*TK*

COBRO
Established Member
Loving this build man.

When skimming the pics before reading I knew that was Prestige Motorsports!! I had them build my Dart 363. I went with the 363 in my fox for the same reasons you didn't put a yote in yours too.

Looking good, subscribing! If you're bored check out my build, link is in my sig.

Prestige does a fantastic job, and dyno before delivery too. If I ever have another built it, will be from them. I hear ya, to me it has to be somewhat period correct.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

xchamp

Established Member
Project is coming along nicely!! Love the paint scheme on the motor and the hp numbers! Really liking that TMI interior, they offer so many options. I'm using thier products on my 68 F 100 build.

Users who are viewing this thread