68 Fastback Restomod project thread

mustangbrad

Established Member
Wow great numbers! This is exactly why I don't understand why so many people insist on hacking up a classic just to fit a Coyote or Mod motor when a stroked Windsor can make these numbers easily and reliably. Nothing against any of the OHC motors, just doesn't make sense to put them in these cars.

*TK*

COBRO
Established Member
Wow great numbers! This is exactly why I don't understand why so many people insist on hacking up a classic just to fit a Coyote or Mod motor when a stroked Windsor can make these numbers easily and reliably. Nothing against any of the OHC motors, just doesn't make sense to put them in these cars.

This, as I couldn't of said it better myself.

This is exactly why I went with a Windsor. I didn't want to hack up the car and make it into something that it never was to begin with. Also Windsors look fantastic, not taking anything away from the Mod motors, as I've owned more than a few. Also, when you see under the hood of these classic cars I like to see more period correct representations. New mod motors just look off in my opinion. This is going to look like a piece of period correct jewelry that is also going to kick your front teeth in.. When guys look closer they'll notice it has upgraded systems (like the EFI and not Weber carbs etc.) but it will take a few seconds to realize all the subtle modern performance updates.

Last edited:

*TK*

COBRO
Established Member
Congrats, looks like a great build! Unless you have other plans I might suggest sending the TKO to a quality shop for a street/strip tune. I've just finished the 6 year build on my original 68.5 / 4.30 rear car and installed a new TKO-600 tuned by Liberty Gears. Though I only have test miles on the car so far, the trans feels smooth and crisp. Good luck...

Thanks for the advice, and I am sending it to a shop for a good go thru. We'll post some pictures of your beauty! I'd love to see it.

I am loving this build! friggin beautiful!

Thanks brother

Awesome Build! Love Restomods!

Thank you!

*TK*

COBRO
Established Member
I finalized and ordered the TMI interior this week. I had to get the color choices correct and the custom touches added. It's funny that a vision on your head sometimes isn't as easy to explain to people.

This Sport R with white and blue suede for the bolsters. The seats will also be leather with blue stitching. However, it will have vertical stitching for the center section, and leather for the bottom section. It will also be getting the stock deluxe seat buttons to have a "factoryish" look.

5d11cd38afaa70265ca93afd121de2ed.jpg

This vertical section to mimic the 68 style deluxe interior.

c5e9331e67c1149f5e29b44f27af6e96.jpg

And the bottom will be full leather with a horse shoe bottom pattern.

2956a084a5212567f849ea316b67aef7.jpg

Last edited:

*TK*

COBRO
Established Member
Very nice man. Congrats!
That engine is making some serious horsepower for an old school N/A engine.

You're right, it's making huge NA power for a small block Windsor motor. We set out with high expectations for this motor and the fact that it achieved all of them, while innovating/raising the bar with parts currently available on the market I couldn't be more pleased with it. Then to have Hotrod Magazine do an article on it!? It's still kind of surreal.

That is SO SEXY!!!

Thank you! Windsor motors when done right are gorgeous.

All I can say is wow. Attention to detail just with what you have done so far is too notch. Can't wait to see he finished product

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you. I can't wait to finally get in and drive the car, it'll still be a while before that happens.

toby1234

Established Member
That’s awesome man. You’ve actually persuaded me to seriously consider the ridetech 4 link. I’m down to that one or the Martz 4 link. What were your thoughts on the Martz?

*TK*

COBRO
Established Member
That’s awesome man. You’ve actually persuaded me to seriously consider the ridetech 4 link. I’m down to that one or the Martz 4 link. What were your thoughts on the Martz?

They have a good design as well. The fact that they relocate the front control arms inboard with a design that spans between the frame rails is definitely a different design. Relocating them inward makes for mini-tubbing a lot easier, since you would need to fabricate mounts otherwise to accomplish the same thing. Also since they relocate the mounts inward they are able to avoid attaching to the rails near the wheel well itself, meaning again easier to tub. The lower arms need moved in to allow for larger size wheels. I haven't heard anything bad about them, however I've never seen their product in person so I can't vouch for their quality. The design I like, and if you plan to go the mini-tub route I'd go with the Martz. If not I'd do the Ridetech.

toby1234

Established Member
TK, when do you think the car will be on the road? My engine will be making similar power as yours. If the ridetech works well for you, I might go that way.

_Snake_

Established Member
Lawdy, Lawdy, how did I miss this thread?!

Absolutely stunning in every way!

Apologies if I missed it, but what wheel/tire combo are you going with?

Users who are viewing this thread