650+ hp car owners please help

UncleSAm

Blow Me
Established Member
JLT high boost would be the way I go.

I got this from Kenne bell, they said they won't even warranty there blower if it had a Ram air
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401775239.267010.jpg

cj428mach

Established Member
I'm not 650 HP I'm just a whipple owner and am running the JLT true cold air. I thought I'd post and say that I followed TXenginred's lead and went with a VMP 100mm Slot MAF conversion. It's almost the exact same size as the true cold air/high boost tube. This way you don't have any of the tuning issues of the high boost intake but can have a free flowing intake. I'm self tuning mine and its worked great for me.

cj428mach

Established Member
Are those of you who are running the high boost kit having idle issues?

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...ost-intake-with-a-SCT-BA2600-and-who-tuned-it

I'm running the same setup on mine that's pictured in post 72 but I'm running a shorter 4" filter I had laying around. It gives a lot more room in the fenderwell and keeps it up in the air so less likely to suck up puddle water (I never drive mine in the rain anyways lol.) I'm using a Spectre filter that you can get at autozone and my 100mm MAF and filter combo is the same length as just the Filter that VMP supplies in their kit.

Last edited:

TVS VERT

Established Member
There are plenty on here running 650rwhp and well above it with a simple stock intake tube and a K&N intake or just a S&B filter. I swapped from a JLT RAI to a GEN2 High boost CAI on my 700rwhp TVS, i gained ZERO!!!!!! Swapped out the JLT GEN2 for a stock tube and K&N FIPK and made the same HP.

Long story short.....spend your hard earned cash else where.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Whipple Crusher intake. Was just building a heat shield for it too.

photo%25202.JPG

Filter gets some hood vent air too

photo%25201.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread